Downtown Jebel Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sval

What do the forummers think of Downtown Jebel Ali as in investment destination?
The prices there have risen to absurd levels - Dhs.1600/ sq ft. Do you think this is justified?

D

dpc

I do believe the prices are justified. I have invested in the Pixel development at the Dubai Waterfront at 2,000 AED per sq ft on the higher floors with some friends. We believe ithe prices are justified as the building quality is superb (famous architect etc...) and is located right on the coast overlooking the Palm Jebel Ali.

Jebel Ali will take off in a big way. The Palm Jebel Ali has just announced amazing plans for a Busch Gardens, Sea World, Discovery Cove and Aquatica WaterWorld to be at the tip of the Palm on an island shaped like a whale.

The whole area of Jebel Ali will be better planned than Dubai as they have learnt from Dubai. Jebel Ali is also home to the new airport (to be the worlds largest).

Also, from an economic point of view, Jebel Ali is the only area between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Bear in mind that Abu Dhabi is richer than Dubai and has the highest GDP per capita in the world. So I think its expensive but a very good investment.

Also, bear in mind that all new developments announced will be more expensive as construction costs have shot up by around 50% (labour and materials and inflation in Dubai). Which is why its good to buy now, as these are still rising.

If you are interested I can send you the detail of the Pixel development at the Dubai Water Front at the base of Palm Jebel Ali.

J

jorgio12

looking for freehold office space up to 1.8 mil dirham preferably pre launch anyehere that is good investment please send me a private massage thanks.

T

Tereza C.

The prices there have risen to absurd levels - Dhs.1600/ sq ft. Do you think this is justified?
Definitely, the location has a great potential. Its a freezone area, in the center of new Dubai, 10 minutes away from the new Int. Airport. It will be a car free zone, with 4 metro stations going through.
We have one project in this area, which has appreciated by 40% in the past 3 months and is predicted to go much higher. If interested to know more, call on 050 2404 785.

R

Roshan

Down town J.Ali has not picked up as yet. Agree that the prices started on the higher side. Anything coming in the future will be much higher. This place would take sometime to grow and might not be a good flipping option for the moment.

Deeyar would have done a lot of market research before they went in there. They will be launching 4 towers in DSO shortly. When they saw the tide moving to DSO, they were quick to adapt.

It helps sometime to see where the good developers are moving.

Regards

Roshan

G

Go West

it looks like this Down town JA will be very good medium term to long term investment.
There are lots going for it although the big projects that will make this place going with high capital appreciation are still in there bay stage.
I highly recommend to invest here for medium -long term.

A

Aboulfetouh

I think the prices are Justified since this area is close to the free zone and the new airport which will be the biggest all over the world is coming there as well

W

Wannaberich

Down town J.Ali has not picked up as yet. Agree that the prices started on the higher side. Anything coming in the future will be much higher. This place would take sometime to grow and might not be a good flipping option for the moment.

Deeyar would have done a lot of market research before they went in there. They will be launching 4 towers in DSO shortly. When they saw the tide moving to DSO, they were quick to adapt.

It helps sometime to see where the good developers are moving.

Regards

Roshan
Hi.
Do u know when Deeyar are launching?I know they already have the sapphire residence there.Will they be launching towers or other low residential properties?
As an investor in DSO can u tell me what u meant by 'the tide moving to DSO'?
I know the area well and they have some fantastic buildings going up.Great looking residential and commercial buildings,Palace Towers,Silicon Technology Tower,Lynx,IT Plaza with 70 shops.The commercial to residential split is quite close so renting will be easy.I think alot of companies who dont want to pay out all that money for buisness bay will go to DSO. This area gets little coverage but when it gets going it will really get going I believe.
As for J Ali.The developers will have difficulty selling unless they all launch quickly.If they launch for example in 2 years,by then the market will have slowed right down and selling all the thousands of units at JAli,Waterfront,Arabian Canal will be very difficult.
2000 for Pixel seems alot to me.Just my opinion.

P

Poorboy

DSO will boom real soon.Microsoft will be there by year end so watch it.

D

dpc

I think DSO has already started booming if you look at recent property prices. However, the real price rise won't happen until the office developments are built and businesses move in. Its always the case with Dubai. Investors get in early. Then prices do rise as end users start thinking of it and need to move in.

W

Wannaberich

I think DSO has already started booming if you look at recent property prices. However, the real price rise won't happen until the office developments are built and businesses move in. Its always the case with Dubai. Investors get in early. Then prices do rise as end users start thinking of it and need to move in.
I also think the manufacturing facilities need to be started too to get the mass workforce in.I spoke to a company in the UK last week,Solar Technologies and they told me they will have a workforce of 200 by the end of next year and are building manufacturing facilities.However they will also be building accomodation there for the workers
although i would assume some would want to find their own place at DSO.

D

dpc

Jebel Ali Down Town - just not sure of it ... it is competing with Business Bay, Tecom 2, Dubai Creek, Jumierah Lakes. These developments have not yet been built. Not sure how Jebel Ali downtown will do against these more established areas - I imagine not well for the next few years.

M

mb1anch

When considering that Downtown Jebel Ali has been designed to be a completely self sufficient city with transport links to both Dubai and vital surrounding amenities it sounds perfect. But is what we are told likely to actually be the way it has been described?

A young resident looking to buy in and around Dubai may ask themselves:

Do you like to socialize and interact with people/ relatives/ friends during the week and weekends? Is there anything you find annoying about going out in Dubai?

H

htmdsaud

1600/sq ft full floor in Schon residence

the developer price is 2500 where as i have the floor for 1600 in resale market. good price? Hurry up

H

htmdsaud

I full floor in Schon Residence for 1600

This week's offer. 1600/sq ft for Schon Residence, Developer Schon Properties, Developer's pric 2500/sq ft. 8th floor for sale. 29units. any further details contact me at 0507487090

R

Roshan

Jebel Ali Down Town - just not sure of it ... it is competing with Business Bay, Tecom 2, Dubai Creek, Jumierah Lakes. These developments have not yet been built. Not sure how Jebel Ali downtown will do against these more established areas - I imagine not well for the next few years.
Downtown J.Ali is slow to pick up but should do well in the long run. It is something like JLT where prices were hovering around Dhs 1500 psf for a long time. The prices are still around that range.

Dubai is concentrating on building city within a city. Each development will have it's own market. People would prefer to cut off commuting time to office and back.

Downtown J.Ali is a dark horse like what DSO was when it started. Did anyone think that DSO would move so fast considering it's proximity to BB.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

When considering that Downtown Jebel Ali has been designed to be a completely self sufficient city with transport links to both Dubai and vital surrounding amenities it sounds perfect. But is what we are told likely to actually be the way it has been described?

A young resident looking to buy in and around Dubai may ask themselves:

Do you like to socialize and interact with people/ relatives/ friends during the week and weekends? Is there anything you find annoying about going out in Dubai?
Traffic for sure.

Roshan

M

memo123

Hello
anu one knows of new buildings and pre launchs beach front resindential areas in jebel ali palm

S

starbucks

hi which project r u referring to? r u referring to downtown jebel ali? u mean schon residences.

M

memo123

I need shoreline jebel ali

hi which project r u referring to? r u referring to downtown jebel ali? u mean schon residences.
I noticed when they say in Dubai beach side it is over 5 miles away from the beach , like Badrah . i need to know if any one on this blog knows of names of developer, buildings on the shoreline of jebel Ali and not palm jebel Ali , i know there are so many small developers that bought lands there to build ,
i want to buy something first line, second , even third line from the beach
so if any of you hear of any please let me know or pm me pls
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.