Private Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Just thought that you would all like to see what other kinds of developments are out there in Hurghada.

This one i came across is situated just off the New Touristic Area near to Desert Pearl.

It just gives you all an idea on the quality of build and finish ... you can find out there even though its built by an individual and not a large company.

There are some interesting projects to be found like this one. I will scout around with my camera and see what i can find.

Attachments

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Derek - looks good but the pool doesnot seem to get any sun. What time of the day were the pics taken.

I have received some new ones of mine and there is alot of shadow around the pool. Suppose it depends on the time of year as well???

Thanks

Alison

K

kimkonnoris

Just thought that you would all like to see what other kinds of developments are out there in Hurghada.

This one i came across is situated just off the New Touristic Area near to Desert Pearl.

It just gives you all an idea on the quality of build and finish ... you can find out there even though its built by an individual and not a large company.

There are some interesting projects to be found like this one. I will scout around with my camera and see what i can find.
thanks for sharing info. any 3 bed's there? any idea of prices etc? can you pm detalis, if you have or get any?
kim. xx

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
I saw this on my recent visit but the buildings are very close together. I am sure that the pool would never see the sun! However, there are some nice small projects out there. Well worth exploring; or just ask Nick our resident expert!!

M

Mark .Y.

I saw this on my recent visit but the buildings are very close together. I am sure that the pool would never see the sun! However, there are some nice small projects out there. Well worth exploring; or just ask Nick our resident expert!!

This seems to be a bit of a problem with Hurghada (and Sharm to an extent),on many developments the pools seem to be jammed into the middle and I really think that it is a poor design fault - I guess it is a case of squeezing as much as possible onto a plot.
In my view it makes a private roof terrace (or in the case of Lotus Breeze a rooftop swimming pool) that much more attractive.

Mark .Y.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Rooftop An Advantage

This seems to be a bit of a problem with Hurghada (and Sharm to an extent),on many developments the pools seem to be jammed into the middle and I really think that it is a poor design fault - I guess it is a case of squeezing as much as possible onto a plot.
In my view it makes a private roof terrace (or in the case of Lotus Breeze a rooftop swimming pool) that much more attractive.

Mark .Y.
Hi Mark,

I saw this on my travels last and it was a very impressive build and value for money. Derek (Propertywatch1) who has been living out there for 18 months is a class act in finding these types of smaller less publicised classy builds.

I think it must be a knack he has or some sort of english builder, egyptian builder connection on the project sites.lol

In any event I agree with what you say about the pool but there is a fantastic communal roof with 2 Jacuzzis on either side. We also talked our way into a Norwegian couples apartment and the finishing was great.

Regards

Westmids33

D

dave99

"L" shape would seem best option !

Hi Derek - looks good but the pool doesnot seem to get any sun. What time of the day were the pics taken.

I have received some new ones of mine and there is alot of shadow around the pool. Suppose it depends on the time of year as well???

Thanks

Alison
The "U" shape is the most space efficient and almost the only choice where there is building on three sides.

If you have a corner plot (like mine) the the best way to get the sun is with an "L" shape - which is what I have done.

D

dave99

Swimming pool or fountain ?

Any idea what those "sticks" are in the pool.

Is this a garden feature with fountains or a swimming pool ?

A

awahee123

Banned
I'm sure this will get sun, maybe not all day but you can see the sun in the bottom pictures,If you want full sun there is the roof terrace.There are a few developments with the u shape where the sun will not reach,certainly not all day.
Just depends what you are looking for,it's always worth looking at the smaller developments as some do have excellent finishing and are priced more fairly.
You will also find the maintennace fees are very reasonable on the smaller ones so swings and roundabouts depending on what you want.

J

jeremy bright

i have noticed this U shape as a trend for what is going up now in hurghada this is one of three i no of this shape what has happened to giving people gardens and pools on the developments i am glad that the village is L shape and with gardens and sun on the pool

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
The "U" shape is the most space efficient and almost the only choice where there is building on three sides.

If you have a corner plot (like mine) the the best way to get the sun is with an "L" shape - which is what I have done.
From the visit i made to your plot your pool is at the rear of the building so will be without sunlight .

You may think you have views from 3 sides now but wait till the adjacent land is built on. This is a typical of what happens here.

D

dave99

Any idea what is planned for RHS of Red Sea Residencia

Do you have any news on what is going to be built here.

I've been told it will not be built on to the right hand side (from the front) and that the Army land there will become a garden.

And in any case we have a road on three sides which will help with sun light.

It think that during Dec / Jan when the sun is low my pool will be in shaded so good pool heating will be very much appreciated.

During spring / autumn it will get sun for long periods and in summer almost all day.

A

Aegean

Any idea what those "sticks" are in the pool.

Is this a garden feature with fountains or a swimming pool ?
Just the inlet pipes for water that has been filtered. They will be cut down to the tiles and capped off with push in white plastic covers. look at a completed pool when the filters are on and nobody is in it - you will see ripples on the surface caused by the water coming out of these pipes.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Is it safe to dive in?

Just the inlet pipes for water that has been filtered. They will be cut down to the tiles and capped off with push in white plastic covers. look at a completed pool when the filters are on and nobody is in it - you will see ripples on the surface caused by the water coming out of these pipes.
Hi Aegean,

Thanks for the info and saving all of us from further worry.
Ps next time I break wind I can politely blame the air filters.lol

pps sorry for lowering the tone....

Regards

Westmids33

D

dave99

Thanks

Technical stuff - thanks

Is this building finished and ready to move into.

Is there anyone living there yet.

Looks like good finish on outside.

A

Aegean

I am not in this market but the development looks very nice from outside. What size is a typicla 2 bedroom apartment (closed area) and is that with 2 bathrooms.

Only concern looking at pictures is as many have indicated the location of the swimming pool as looking at it I think it will have limited sunshine on it. Pity it was not pushed outside of courtyard and courtyard used as shaded rest area. But suspect would have pushed up costs due to land price.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Is there life?

Technical stuff - thanks

Is this building finished and ready to move into.

Is there anyone living there yet.

Looks like good finish on outside.

Hi DAVE99,

There are a handful of people living there. I think the 2 Bedrooms are approx 106 sqm.

Regards

Westmids33

M

Mark .Y.

Hi Mark,

I saw this on my travels last and it was a very impressive build and value for money. Derek (Propertywatch1) who has been living out there for 18 months is a class act in finding these types of smaller less publicised classy builds.

I think it must be a knack he has or some sort of english builder, egyptian builder connection on the project sites.lol

In any event I agree with what you say about the pool but there is a fantastic communal roof with 2 Jacuzzis on either side. We also talked our way into a Norwegian couples apartment and the finishing was great.

Regards

Westmids33
I'm surprised any of the Egyptians are still talking to Derek, he does like to give them a bit of the old Northern English short shrift !!!
And you talked your way into a Norwegian couples apartment, give me some ideas - I tried to talk my way into this Swedish couples (both ladies) apartment once but they were having none of it !!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, the roof idea sounds pretty good, and Derek - I know you will read this and you haven't replied to my last PM - stop eating bloody chicken and get on with your emails............

Mark .Y.

A

Aegean

Hi DAVE99,

There are a handful of people living there. I think the 2 Bedrooms are approx 106 sqm.

Regards

Westmids33

That's a good size for a 2 bedroom closed area. Have to check out this market

Status
Not open for further replies.