TURTLE BAY ECO- What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ady1231

Hi Wolf;

Did you hear about Ceara? FLEXEIRAS BEACH they are selling there 450 sqm for 18000 , do u think it's a beter options than turtle bay?

A

ady1231

Hi;

What do you think about the coconut grove? Its 1 hour from forteleza, do you think its a better option?

J

JMBroad

JM,
I can assure you there WILL be a fine for those who do not build in their zone within a predetermined time.This is in order to prevent the resort from degenerating into a perpetual building site.

To quote the developers propectus:
"you will need to pay an annual penalty to the community for the disruption caused by later construction.This will be an agreed annual penalty for failing to commit to construction before the agreed date.It will be sufficient to make it pointless to hold onto the plot".
So not only will there be a fine-it will be a very substantial one.
You must have a different prospectus than the information I have been given. Either way, nothing in any of the legal documents I've examined support fining people for building later rather than sooner. I'm not even sure you can establish dates to build on your land according to Brazilian law. There is a suggested and proposed building dates, along with offering financial benefits for building earlier rather than later, but no financial penalties for building later than their proposed dates.

J

JMBroad

Hi;

What do you think about the coconut grove? Its 1 hour from forteleza, do you think its a better option?
Good price point, good location, more easily accessible than Turtle, which enhances the price when comparing the two. However Fortaleza vs Salvador - your target market is substantially lower. 6 million fly to Salvador each year whereas only 3 million fly to Fortaleza.

A

ady1231

Good price point, good location, more easily accessible than Turtle, which enhances the price when comparing the two. However Fortaleza vs Salvador - your target market is substantially lower. 6 million fly to Salvador each year whereas only 3 million fly to Fortaleza.
Hi;

Do you know the area? Can you see a potential on it? The plots there advertised are extremely close to the beach 300m away, so they look great. ASsking price is 23k USD for 450 sqm plot, what do you think guys? And the building costs are 200-500 USD/Sqm. And they are the same developer for the Banana residence which was extremely successful!

Recommendations are welcome

J

JMBroad

Hi;

Do you know the area? Can you see a potential on it? The plots there advertised are extremely close to the beach 300m away, so they look great. ASsking price is 23k USD for 450 sqm plot, what do you think guys? And the building costs are 200-500 USD/Sqm. And they are the same developer for the Banana residence which was extremely successful!

As with any project in any country, a development is only viable once a due diligence check has been done and the project has passed.

M

michaelbush

Hi;

Very clever marketing ploy - "beachfront"!!
Well I guess if you can get away with marketing plots as beach front when the beach is at least 300m away (this is probably the closest and most expensive part of the lotamento),good luck. Lots of people will get in their cars to go to the beach!!! Second line plots in Maracajau will be around 50m from the sandy beach, Plots 300m away from the beach? - I guess you can buy for 15000 R$ and less for multiple purchases.

A

ady1231

Well I guess if you can get away with marketing plots as beach front when the beach is at least 300m away (this is probably the closest and most expensive part of the lotamento),good luck. Lots of people will get in their cars to go to the beach!!! Second line plots in Maracajau will be around 50m from the sandy beach, Plots 300m away from the beach? - I guess you can buy for 15000 R$ and less for multiple purchases.
where in maracau, please be specific, in which resort? the one i was talking about is inside a resort, send me more info.

Cheers

J

JMBroad

Just from memory I think the first plot is 300 m from the beach because the front line is a beach bar, leisure area, green areas, etc but I could be thinking of another development.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi;

ady1231,

For small plots in an undeveloped area you should always pay some more and get absolute beach front. For three times that price we have sold 450 m2 plots right on the beach with full permission ready to build.

Rob.

M

michaelbush

where in maracau, please be specific, in which resort? the one i was talking about is inside a resort, send me more info.

Cheers
I am not talking about plots in a "resort". hese plots in Maracajaú all have the right to build one house. As Mr Broad and GW say - check out thoroughly plots for sale in a "resort". Due diligence- check the licence for the lotamento, check that you can build on those plots, check that the contract to buy the plots also requires the infrastructre of leisure areas, roadways, etc to be constructed. Anyone can do a virtual resort, it does not mean it will be built if not contracted. many people buy and find that there is nothing there at all, just the plots. A time frame for construction like in Turtle Bay at least means you can be certain it will be built out. You can do your own build cheaper or choose one of the managed options.

M

michaelbush

Just from memory I think the first plot is 300 m from the beach because the front line is a beach bar, leisure area, green areas, etc but I could be thinking of another development.
Looking at the plan of coconut grove it would seem that the leisure area planned is furthest from the beach and the nearest plots are 300m from the beach.

A

ady1231

so u guys think its a reasonable price in coconut groove? 450 sqm for 10000 pounds?

M

michaelbush

so u guys think its a reasonable price in coconut groove? 450 sqm for 10000 pounds?
Ady - I dont think anybody has said that! I think there are many better opportunities but you have to make up your own mind. I personally do not know Coconut Grove, do not sell it, never seen it. I would reiterate advice that has been given by several here, and make your arrangements to visit Brasil and see for yourself. I see THomsons have several offers for late deals that are around £500 per person all in for 2 weeks. Or you can get a flight only - look at www.thomsonfly.com- flights are THursdays. If you on your own then flight only is really the only option as the rooms are doubles, but good cheap accommodation can be found,and I can help you on that.

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi;

Hi Andy,
I know Ceara quite well, eu had property there for 2 years. going there again for the 6th time on Thursday for a month. Which town is this Coconut Grove development you are asking about? $23K seems alot to me for only 450M2 at 300M back. Sounds like the usual high price for the gringos! Beware!
Ceara towns are usually much more developed than RGDN areas so better infrastructure and so can make money quicker, also less risks as its big for the internal tourism and so has a much bigger market. Not too sure if Banana residence is a big success yet as its not built, and personnally I didnt like the plans of the construct.

regards

Paul

A

ady1231

Hi Andy,
I know Ceara quite well, eu had property there for 2 years. going there again for the 6th time on Thursday for a month. Which town is this Coconut Grove development you are asking about? $23K seems alot to me for only 450M2 at 300M back. Sounds like the usual high price for the gringos! Beware!
Ceara towns are usually much more developed than RGDN areas so better infrastructure and so can make money quicker, also less risks as its big for the internal tourism and so has a much bigger market. Not too sure if Banana residence is a big success yet as its not built, and personnally I didnt like the plans of the construct.

regards

Paul
Hi;

It's officially 120 m from the beach. in flexirias beach i think. plot is second line to the beach , do u know the area? what do u tink? I think always in a resort u have to pay a premium, as it has the potential to grow, planning permission granted ALL DD Checked.

What do u think?

J

JMBroad

Hi;

It's officially 120 m from the beach. in flexirias beach i think. plot is second line to the beach , do u know the area? what do u tink? I think always in a resort u have to pay a premium, as it has the potential to grow, planning permission granted ALL DD Checked.

What do u think?
It's in Fleixeiras - near Trairi. If you have the DDR checked and everything is ok then it should be a good deal. I just haven't been able to get a DDR which approves the project.

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi;

What do u think?
Flexirias beach is quite far further north. I havent been that far up past Taiba so I cant comment much on the area of Flexirias. If I end up going up that way over the next month while im in Ceara I ll let you know. That aside though I would say that it is futher than a hour from Fortaleza, I ll guess that it would take you 1.5 hours at best. Yes I agree if its in a resort then you general would pay a premium, But its a big premium as long as you are aware of it.

A

ady1231

Flexirias beach is quite far further north. I havent been that far up past Taiba so I cant comment much on the area of Flexirias. If I end up going up that way over the next month while im in Ceara I ll let you know. That aside though I would say that it is futher than a hour from Fortaleza, I ll guess that it would take you 1.5 hours at best. Yes I agree if its in a resort then you general would pay a premium, But its a big premium as long as you are aware of it.
Hi Paul;

You are right paul, but the same plot in turtle bay would cost you 20,000 Pounds, second line to the beach, did you see the plots there?

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi Paul;

You are right paul, but the same plot in turtle bay would cost you 20,000 Pounds, second line to the beach, did you see the plots there?
Hi Andy
No Ive not look into turtle bay as buying land at the moment is not top of my agenda. From what you say seems a better deal, but like as your trying to find out here maybe Turtle bay is near prime areas and Coconut is not. If I go up to Flexires beach over the next month I ll give you the heads up about it. I also have a good few contacts over there now too so Ill ask about the place for you.
But like some of us say, I do think its much better for you to maybe invest £2K on 2 visits here to learn about the places, compare, get a real feel of things, ask a **** load of questions and find out as much as you can, make some good contacts yourself along the way and have a great time doing it like I did. Then you might find that you can then save yourself money in the long run!

Status
Not open for further replies.