El Gouna

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
We have a few people with properties in El Gouna including Crombiestone and Distantdreamer so I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread. Any info on the next phase of development would be much appreciated.

crombiestone

crombiestone

Sabina El Gouna

I received an E Mail from the real estate office announcing the launch of the Sabina Development . Essentialy an extension of the Golf West Compound .Prices start at 80,000 Euro . I would post a link but can't at the moment because I haven't posted more than 20 posts .

S

steviego1

hi guys,
im looking for websites of estate agents selling property in el gouna.i
hear its lovelly.would like to get on the property market in egypt.can anybody help,and is it possible to finance with a mortgage?maybe only part with a few grand as a deposit.

thanks stevie g :confused:

crombiestone

crombiestone

El Gouna Real Estate Brochure & Online Magazine

Hi

I have also found these links to an E Brochure with some stunning pictures

E-Brochure

and the quarterly magazine which has an article on living in El Gouna and all of the facilities of the resort

Winter 2007

Invest in the best.

D

distant dreamer

Hi Stevie

If you're looking for a resale I've some friends that live in El Gouna that usually know of property thats available, so if you could be interested let me know your requirements and private mail me your details and I'll see if they know of anything. The advantages of buying resales is that they are generally in the best locations and you can see what views etc you will be getting. Obviously prices in El Gouna are a fair bit higher than the likes of Hurghada, but we feel the resort is certainly worth it and have been very happy with our investment.:)

S

steviego1

hi guys,
I'm also interested in el gouna as a potential investment opportunity - i know it is more expensive than hurghada but just wondered if there were bargains to be had!! Does anyone know of any reliable agents/developers?
Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!

Cheers!

S

steviego1

websites elgouna

hi guys,
does anyone know of any good websites for property thats for sale in elgouna or sahl hasheesh?:confused::confused:

P

propertastic

Does anyone know if there is a free shuttlebus service from El Gouna to Hurghada?

The ex-girlfriend is coming to visit me at the start of March and got a good deal at the Sheraton there.

I remember that, when I was trying to get a taxi out of there, it cost an arm and a leg and so I am hoping that there is a cheaper way of her getting to Hurghada.

crombiestone

crombiestone

Bus from El Gouna

Hello

There is no free shuttle bus from El Gouna to Hurghada but there is a regular bus service which runs every 20 minutes and costs only 5LE (50p approx) which is much cheaper than a taxi.

P

propertastic

Thanks for that info, crombiestone.

50p is close enough to free as to not make too much of a difference! Certainly compared to the GBP15 or something that the taxi monopoly stung me for getting out of the place last time.

J

jeremy bright

the taxis are big problem as are making there prices up as they go along there is monopoly on some places like the airport wish the tourist police showed concern on rip of drivers

crombiestone

crombiestone

the taxis are big problem as are making there prices up as they go along there is monopoly on some places like the airport wish the tourist police showed concern on rip of drivers
Its sort of the culture in Egypt . You need to embrace it to some extent or you will drive yourself nuts . You are not in Kansas or (insert home town) any more .

J

jeremy bright

Its sort of the culture in Egypt . You need to embrace it to some extent or you will drive yourself nuts . You are not in Kansas or (insert home town) any more .

they call it the Egyptian mafia i was out there in November they was over charging for visa stamps then when wanted a taxi was approached buy some one offering a list of prices so went with him but told him wanted better price was shown the driver also told him was not happy with the price and offered him £5 and was told to get in the car but i still insisted was only offering £5 but as he insisted was a £15 fare we got back out and walked back to the terminal but was not allowed back in so asked some one else for a taxi offering still £5 then the 1st person came back over shouting and pushing the 2nd person for talking to us so in between all that wee went over to some one else who took us in old scraper car for the £5 i do not mind haggling but was not a good 1st impression for the lady i took with me

Last edited:
realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
there is shuttle bus from Dahar front of telecom Central but its not freee its 5 L.E per person for foreigner but its realy will be bad experience for you try it if you want best to take taxi for 50 L.E maximum

P

propertastic

Hello

There is no free shuttle bus from El Gouna to Hurghada but there is a regular bus service which runs every 20 minutes and costs only 5LE (50p approx) which is much cheaper than a taxi.
I took the shuttle bus from El Gouna to Hurghada yesterday (or was it the day before? - this Sundays are like Mondays in Egypt business is really messing with my head) and I managed to get it for LE2.50 - or 25p.

A lot better than the taxi out which cost me LE50. I should have gone with the meter as I should have got it from LE35 in that case. Live and learn.

Mind you, I am being such a complete b*****d squabbling with the taxi drivers in Hurghada that I fear that I will be a marked man if I carry on like this much longer.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I took the shuttle bus from El Gouna to Hurghada yesterday (or was it the day before? - this Sundays are like Mondays in Egypt business is really messing with my head) and I managed to get it for LE2.50 - or 25p.

A lot better than the taxi out which cost me LE50. I should have gone with the meter as I should have got it from LE35 in that case. Live and learn.

Mind you, I am being such a complete b*****d squabbling with the taxi drivers in Hurghada that I fear that I will be a marked man if I carry on like this much longer.
Lucky nickas they thought you resident not a tourist :)

crombiestone

crombiestone

Hope your sales are not that bad that you need to haggle over a 50p bus ride ;)