Odds & Sods

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
This is a new thread for asking anything not covered adequately in other threads. A place where you can ask those silly questions that you should probably already know the answer to!!

Well here goes just to kick things off; at the risk of opening myself up to ridicule can someone please tell my why so many people put 'LOL' at the end of posts? What does it mean?

Being sixty something I remember writing things like SWALK & BOLTOP on notes to girlfriends and in those days LOL would have meant 'lots of love' but if you guys were putting that on notes to the forum I would be seriously worried. No, its not the 1st April this is a genuine request. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!!

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi Peter,

Lol would mean laughing out load,LMAO I cannot put on here let's see if you can work it out.LOL

P

propertyborders

This is a new thread for asking anything not covered adequately in other threads. A place where you can ask those silly questions that you should probably already know the answer to!!

Well here goes just to kick things off; at the risk of opening myself up to ridicule can someone please tell my why so many people put 'LOL' at the end of posts? What does it mean?

Being sixty something I remember writing things like SWALK & BOLTOP on notes to girlfriends and in those days LOL would have meant 'lots of love' but if you guys were putting that on notes to the forum I would be seriously worried. No, its not the 1st April this is a genuine request. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!!
Peter this post really did make me LOL.:)

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Oops! Should have guessed someone would ask me that .... better on lips than on paper
LOL.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Thank you Nick ...what have you started now?!!! You're talking to someone who texts with predictive text so things are spelt properly. Are we going to have to keep your Acronyms Dictionary to hand to decipher posts in the future?

D

dave99

So who's odd and who's the other thing

Could be a bit of a laugh this thread

- any guesses what this one is - LOLAL

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Hi Peter,

Lol would mean laughing out load,LMAO I cannot put on here let's see if you can work it out.LOL

good a bit of fun site

LMAO is laugh my butt off, with a different word for butt

With having children and them always on MSN and texting i get a kick start on them.

New one that I LOL about was MOLDIES

Which means parents hence moldie oldies

P

propertastic

Thank you Nick ...what have you started now?!!! You're talking to someone who texts with predictive text so things are spelt properly. Are we going to have to keep your Acronyms Dictionary to hand to decipher posts in the future?
Have no fear - I don't want to send my old English teacher spinning in his grave!

Actually there's nothing that drives me more crazy than these people who think it's cool to type using as few characters and punctuation as possible.

I must admit that, whenever I see anyone typing like that on a forum, I think that if they're too lazy to type properly, I'm too lazy to read it properly.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Have no fear - I don't want to send my old English teacher spinning in his grave!

Actually there's nothing that drives me more crazy than these people who think it's cool to type using as few characters and punctuation as possible.

I must admit that, whenever I see anyone typing like that on a forum, I think that if they're too lazy to type properly, I'm too lazy to read it properly.
Come on propertastic it's a bit of fun, let your hair down and join in. Does not matter if your young or old, when your old you feel young, when your young you feel old.

Jayne.

P

propertastic

Come on propertastic it's a bit of fun, let your hair down and join in. Does not matter if your young or old, when your old you feel young, when your young you feel old.

Jayne.
Believe me, no one who sees me out on the town on a Saturday night would accuse me of being an old fuddy-duddy!

No - it comes from my professional background which includes copywriting and typography. Grammar and punctuation doesn't just exist to keep English teachers in a job - it's there to help comprehension.

OK, lecture over, students - you are dismissed!

J

J4hurghada

Banned
In my position I need to know what the kids are writing about me and to there friends on the internet. There are some strange folk on the internet and kids are very trusting. Having alot of qualifactions regarding computers I have alot of knowledge to help the kids and stop them being a victim.

so ending up on a lighter note my son came in with a friend and said "can mi bruva from another mother stay for tea" LOL.

P

propertastic

In my position I need to know what the kids are writing about me and to there friends on the internet. There are some strange folk on the internet and kids are very trusting. Having alot of qualifactions regarding computers I have alot of knowledge to help the kids and stop them being a victim.

so ending up on a lighter note my son came in with a friend and said "can mi bruva from another mother stay for tea" LOL.
All I can say is "maximum respect in a rubadub stylee!"

L

lyndsay552

Just a quick one - what kind of beasties can we expect in Hurghada?

A

awahee123

Banned
Beasties?,does this translate to Animals or am I way off the mark here?..

L

lyndsay552

yes, sorry

What i mean is scorpians, snakes, anything with either more or less legs than me!!