anyone-bought-sharm-thinking-buying-sharm

Status
Not open for further replies.
queenie40something

queenie40something

Has anyone bought in Sharm / thinking of buying in Sharm

Hi

I thought I would start a thread especially for any Sharmers out there.

Have you bought or thinking of buying in the Sharm region.

If so please post your experiences, thoughts, tips etc here.

Thanks

Queenie

queenie40something

queenie40something

Buying Process

To start the ball rolling

We have bought a 1 bedroom apartment with small garden in Nabq Bay in Sharm. It is a quiet resort but is up and coming. It 2nd line from the beach, 10 mins from the airport and 20 mins drive into Naama Bay.

It is on the Sierra resort which is next door to Sharm Bride. Currently the handover date is 28th Feb 08. The whole complex has a completion date of Oct 08.

The buying process is different here and it is on a 99 year lease. This may put some people off buying but the lease is renewable. My daughter is on the contract so if anything happens to hubby or I then the lease will automatically go to her at no cost. If you sell the property then the new owner gets a new 99 year lease at a cost of £1000.

I have been to El Tor to get my residents and multi entry visa along with the Power of Attorney. Cost was 83LE for the residents visa and 61LE for the multi entry visa which you get from the passport office in El Tor and the POA was 40LE which you get from the government building which is 2 mins drive away from the passport office. The return taxi drive will cost £15 ( if you need contact that knows where these offices are for this please let me know )

This is an easy process and it is an hours drive from Sharm. ( Any ? on this please ask )

One tip is to ensure you get a good English speaking Egyptian lawyer.

Ensure that you read through your contract that has to be in both English and Arabic.

If you do not understand anything in the contract ask your lawyer.

If you do not like anything in your contract ask your lawyer to discuss it with the developer. I have had a few things changed on mine without any problems.

Once you have signed every page of the contract it is then handed to the developer who in turn signs every page and then your lawyer will do the registration at the courts in Cairo.

Typical cost for a lawyer is £500.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Oh queenie you're great but Sharm too far think you should sell up and move over to Hurghada with all of us.

Jayne xx

M

Mark .Y.

Hi

I thought I would start a thread especially for any Sharmers out there.

Have you bought or thinking of buying in the Sharm region.

If so please post your experiences, thoughts, tips etc here.

Thanks

Queenie
As you know Queenie, we will be going over to Sharm 27th Jan to have a look around. We did like a few of the properties in Hurghada but nothing "jumped out" at us as what we really wanted so we will have a nose about in Sharm and see if anything strikes us as special.

Mark .Y.

queenie40something

queenie40something

As you know Queenie, we will be going over to Sharm 27th Jan to have a look around. We did like a few of the properties in Hurghada but nothing "jumped out" at us as what we really wanted so we will have a nose about in Sharm and see if anything strikes us as special.

Mark .Y.
Hi Mark - hope you have found a few to have a nose about at. Let us know how you get on. I gave u a few pointers in Sharm so will value your input on Hurghada and Sharm on your return.

Have a great trip.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi J4 - when and wheres the party!! Wish I could sell n come n join u all!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all - certainly will pop over and party with you all - as long as I can crash out somewhere : )

Mark - when you are in Sharm it might be worth you taking a look at Criss residence as this is in a prime location in Naama bay - right in front of fantasy land by the Movenpick hotel - now Maritim. It has Viking club and Dada bar and the developer Hesham El Hazeq is one of the most reputable developers in Sharm. Criss is within very easy walking distance of the main Naama bay area where you will find all the shops and restaurants and the prom where there is a public beach. 10 mins from the airport as well.

You prob told me before but where are you staying in Sharm?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Plans changed!!

I have just been onto my agents website and they have changed the plans on Sierra without telling me. This is now the 2nd time they have done this. I am not a happy bunny as the new plans now does not show a pool in front of my apartment - it has disappeared. The blocks where in a circle with the pool in the middle. Now it is an oblong shape with no pool just garden?? Agent has now got a not so nice email from me asking for explanation. :mad:

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Hi all - certainly will pop over and party with you all - as long as I can crash out somewhere : )

Mark - when you are in Sharm it might be worth you taking a look at Criss residence as this is in a prime location in Naama bay - right in front of fantasy land by the Movenpick hotel - now Maritim. It has Viking club and Dada bar and the developer Hesham El Hazeq is one of the most reputable developers in Sharm. Criss is within very easy walking distance of the main Naama bay area where you will find all the shops and restaurants and the prom where there is a public beach. 10 mins from the airport as well.

You can crash at mine on the bedsofa no problem,

Criss was the first apartment we looked at in 2006, the price then was £36'000 and that was for a 50 square metre apartement fully furnished, if you bought the top floor you got the roof space too. Don't know what the prices are now as it is 2 years later.

queenie40something

queenie40something

You can crash at mine on the bedsofa no problem,

Criss was the first apartment we looked at in 2006, the price then was £36'000 and that was for a 50 square metre apartement fully furnished, if you bought the top floor you got the roof space too. Don't know what the prices are now as it is 2 years later.
Thanks J4 : )

I saw one 2 bedroom apartment for sale for 80K!! This was the area that I would have liked to buy in but there was nothing within my budget. If our developer has changed the plans and there is no longer going to be a swimming pool outside our apartment then I will be seeking a full refund and start the whole process of hunting again.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Thanks J4 : )

I saw one 2 bedroom apartment for sale for 80K!! This was the area that I would have liked to buy in but there was nothing within my budget. If our developer has changed the plans and there is no longer going to be a swimming pool outside our apartment then I will be seeking a full refund and start the whole process of hunting again.
Hope thing are ok for you, Would you still be looking in Sharm.

It must be horrible when your dreams are crushed especially when you are so excited about it. It will work out ok for you don't worry.

Regards

Jayne

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
May be this is karma Alison! You have made so many new friends who are buying in Hurghada that maybe now is the time....!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks Jayne.

My neighbour on Sierra has just been out there and has sent me a link to all the pics he took ( let me know if anyone wants the link ) and he will put a video on youtube as well.

The layout is exactly the same as the previous plan and the swimming pool is still there : )

The blocks that according to the new plans that should not be there are now in the process of being rendered. Cant see them still continuing work on blocks if they are going to knock them down. So fingers crossed that it is an error.

On a happier note the new download gives the new prices for new buyers and the price has increased to just under 30K. Not bad as we paid under 22K in October.

M

Mark .Y.

Hi Queenie,
Think you mentioned that Criss residence before and if I remember correctly it was pretty expensive.
We are staying in the Hilton something or other (forgotten which one and I am at work so don't have access to my booking).
Sorry to hear about the changes to your blocks, looking on the other forum it may be an errror and you will be OK ??
This is partly why if I do buy I will probably aim for something that is at least partially built, if not complete.

Speak to you later,
Mark .Y.

queenie40something

queenie40something

May be this is karma Alison! You have made so many new friends who are buying in Hurghada that maybe now is the time....!!
I know Peter - is someone up there trying to tell me something??

I just cant convince hubby and daughter to buy in Hurghada. As I said before I really liked the look of the Regency Tower apartments but I just could not talk them into going for a look. I will still keep trying especially when I know that there is soooooo much more choice in Hurghada. The rental issue is not really a problem for us as we would prob only let friends and family use it anyway.

Maybe once we get invited to one of those parties you could all get together and try and convince them???

Watch this space!!

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Once your apartment is built and you have the keys, you will have the choice of selling at a profit and buying in Hurghada, or if you catch the ferry and come over to Hurghada for a few days and stay with friends that gives you two holidays in one.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Just let me know when and where the party is and I'll book my flight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.