Help! Need to Furnish a studio flat in Dubai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Margaret

Manchester Tower 1, Dubai Marina has just been completed. I need to furnish my studio flat. I was given a quotation of AED 28,000 by Total Furnishing Solutions, over a year ago. ( Washing machine and fridge freezer not included) Is this reasonable? Does anyone know of a good company that can supply?
Thanks
Margaret

R

Roshan

Margaret,

What does AED 28,000 include besides what you have mentioned ?.

Rgds

Roshan

M

mpat

Hi Margaret
Try dubaishortstaydotcom , MAy be they will be able to do it.Make sure with any of them you go tha they are giving warranteeid items in your flat.
Best luck

A

abudubai

This tower is just finished? I looked into buying there when it had topped out in April 2005! Glad I didn't, use of space of disastrous.

R

Roshan

Manchester Tower 1, Dubai Marina has just been completed. I need to furnish my studio flat. I was given a quotation of AED 28,000 by Total Furnishing Solutions, over a year ago. ( Washing machine and fridge freezer not included) Is this reasonable? Does anyone know of a good company that can supply?
Thanks
Margaret
Margaret,

Just went through your post again and felt that the price of Dhs 28000 quoted to furnish a studio is high.

Are you planning to stay or rent ?. That should decide how much you should spend. If you are planing to rent, then you should put the onus on the tenant. If you are planning to rent as a furnished apartment, then the furniture selected should be in mid range as the tenants would misuse it.

Thinking of the standard items that would go into a studio flat, I feel it is high.

There is a tendency to quote high to outsiders. There is a general feeling that they can be taken for a ride. Again lack of research is the problem here.

My sincere advise is to shop for your furniture while you are down in Dubai. As for electronics & other electrial items a trip to Carrefour or any reputed hypermarket should do it. All the popular brands are displayed. They will deliver all the stuff to your door step.

Ikea or any other reputed outlet will be able to do the rest. And if your bill is more than AED 2000, then Ikea assembles all the furniture for you.

It's not difficult. DIY ( Do it yourself ) will work out cheaper.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

This tower is just finished? I looked into buying there when it had topped out in April 2005! Glad I didn't, use of space of disastrous.
Most of the developments in Dubai will take about the same time for completion. In fact it should be taken as plus sign. Imagine the bldg ready for handover and the infra structure is not in place.

I am happy that my investment in BB is due for handover in 2010 as it would take the master developer that long to develop the infra structure and roads. Till now the land is not handed over by Dubai properties to the developer to start his construction.

Take the case of Saba Tower 1 in JLT. Was handed over almost 2 years back and there are no proper roads leading to the bldg.

Investors should not be frightened of delays especially for markets like Dubai where the road network and infra structure will take long.

K

kelly white

Hi, I am interested in buying a studio in Manchester tower, but I heard the developer has not got the completion certificate yet. Does any one has an idea of the cost of studio?.
Kelly

M

Margaret

Help! Need to furnish a studio flat in Dubai

Margaret,

Just went through your post again and felt that the price of Dhs 28000 quoted to furnish a studio is high.

Are you planning to stay or rent ?. That should decide how much you should spend. If you are planing to rent, then you should put the onus on the tenant. If you are planning to rent as a furnished apartment, then the furniture selected should be in mid range as the tenants would misuse it.

Thinking of the standard items that would go into a studio flat, I feel it is high.

There is a tendency to quote high to outsiders. There is a general feeling that they can be taken for a ride. Again lack of research is the problem here.

My sincere advise is to shop for your furniture while you are down in Dubai. As for electronics & other electrial items a trip to Carrefour or any reputed hypermarket should do it. All the popular brands are displayed. They will deliver all the stuff to your door step.

Ikea or any other reputed outlet will be able to do the rest. And if your bill is more than AED 2000, then Ikea assembles all the furniture for you.

It's not difficult. DIY ( Do it yourself ) will work out cheaper.

Regards

Roshan
Roshan

Thank you for responding to my message and the advise. In answering your first question. It is a long list which include Double sofa bed, Sofa, unit for TV, 32" tv, side tables,dinner plates, glasses, toaster, kettle and tea towels in the kitchen to bath towels, sheets etc. The list goes on. In England , I wouldn't buy some of the things on the list but was told that the standard in Dubai is different.

I am planning to rent it as a furnished apartment and I am glad to hear that there is an IKEA. I do agree with you that research is important and have taken what you have said on board.

Regards

Margaret

M

Margaret

It is now complete over a year late. IT HAPPENS! Hopefully the new laws will protect against some of these problems. It is also important to check ones contract. My contract included a clause about paying my money back if the contractor is three months late. After two years my money back would have been a lost. If I get it back. As Roshan said "it is a plus sign"

Margaret

M

Margaret

Hi, I am interested in buying a studio in Manchester tower, but I heard the developer has not got the completion certificate yet. Does any one has an idea of the cost of studio?.
Kelly
Kelly,
I bought a studio flat in Manchester tower 1, I think the developer has got the completion certificate as I have been asked to come for the keys. I don't know how much they cost now as I bought mine off plan three years ago.

Margaret

M

Margaret

Hi Margaret
Try dubaishortstaydotcom , MAy be they will be able to do it.Make sure with any of them you go tha they are giving warranteeid items in your flat.
Best luck
Hi dubaiboy.
Thanks for the response.

R

Roshan

Roshan

Thank you for responding to my message and the advise. In answering your first question. It is a long list which include Double sofa bed, Sofa, unit for TV, 32" tv, side tables,dinner plates, glasses, toaster, kettle and tea towels in the kitchen to bath towels, sheets etc. The list goes on. In England , I wouldn't buy some of the things on the list but was told that the standard in Dubai is different.

I am planning to rent it as a furnished apartment and I am glad to hear that there is an IKEA. I do agree with you that research is important and have taken what you have said on board.

Regards

Margaret
Margaret

IKEA should be the answer for you. Good luck

N

naga7

manchester tower 1

I am just wondering if anyone has a 1 bedroomed apartment in manchester tower 1?

I would like to know re quality of the build and is it considered a good build?

Nadia

Status
Not open for further replies.