Joao Pessoa

C

carlos_1

Hi.

Would anybody know anything about off plan property in Joao Pessoa called "Imperial suites"?

I'm considering buying an apartment there so any help will be much appreciated.

Thank u very much

P

praiapipa

hello
not really but i am there next week; i will check once i am there and can revert in about 3-4 weeks from now

P

praiapipa

carlos
last minute family matter prevents me from going next week-trying to reschedule my trip at a later stage-will let you know

M

mamanguapemamma

Hi Carlos
We will be over there from the 13th December will endeavour to do some investigating. Will report back - hope this helps.

M

mamanguapemamma

Hi Carlos
Am now back - but sorry to report couldn't see anything about Imperial Suites that was obvious when in JP - did drive round the city a few times but couldn't see anything. We are back out there at the end of March and in the meantime a friend who lives there permanently is going to have a look for them.
Sorry cannot give you better info.

M

mamanguapemamma

Hi Carlos

Have returned from JP - had a drive round a few times and asked a few people but no joy I am afraid - have asked a friend who lives there to see what she can find out - more details on the address would be good to give her as much info to work with as possible.
Sorry not to have been more help, so far.!!!

M

mamanguapemamma

Hi Carlos
Have just noticed that I am repeating myself - did not think the first post had worked - so apologies.
Have just found a site regarding Imperial Suites and they say completion will not be until 2011 - and that is on Cabo Branco (which is where we stay) so that could posssibly be where they have cleared a large site and are putting some footings in.
pm for web address as can't post it here. Or search under imperial suites if you would like - it is by paraiba property.
hope this helps and will now let my friend know so she can keep an eye on progress.

C

christian

anyone had dealings with Atlantic Property Trust in Joa Pessoa?

M

mamanguapemamma

Atlantic Trust

No - not as such - but they are very widely advertised around JP and seem to offer fairly reasonable prices - am contemplating making contact - so will update again then. In the meantime hope someone else may post regarding them.

C

carlos_1

Thanks a lot for the replies.

do u guys think joao pessoa is a good place to invest in in general?

regards

J

JMBroad

regards
If you can find product at the right price, sure

The issue is that JP is a lot less popular than Natal, Fortaleza, Recife and Salvador, much less accessible than any of the above, yet prices developers are asking are similar and sometimes more expensive than those locations.

Due to the lack of accessibility (by both international and domestic tourists) one would expect the prices to be a lot lower. The demand just doesn't seem to be there at the moment. However most developers are promoting product at prices which are higher than Bahia prices or at least comparable.

debzor

debzor

regards
Hi All - I have a friend who is British and is a licensed broker in JP (just up the coast from me),with 5 years experience in the area. He does off plan, new, resale, apartments, houses, land, etc., and I can pass on his details if anyone wishes to make contact - please email me.

C

christian

Atlantic Trust

seen a lot of properties they have for sale and would like to hear from anyone who has had dealings with them and what they thought of the service etc, like to know before jumping in with someone what their reputation is.

P

Paul J. Watson

Atlantic Trust Joao Pessoa

seen a lot of properties they have for sale and would like to hear from anyone who has had dealings with them and what they thought of the service etc, like to know before jumping in with someone what their reputation is.
I have dealt with them for the past 9 months and have bought 4 different properties through them. Having done the rounds of all the major Joao Pessoa agents, my personal view is that these guys are the best around. Service is excellent and the best bit is that they find stuff that no-one else has got. No gringo prices either! Only my view though, hope this helps.

debzor

debzor

Hi Debzor i am new to the forum i am possibly looking to aquire a couple of plotsin the south of Paraiba.I know you have to tread carefully when dealing with peoplein Brazil,if possible i am looking for a independent perspective and a trustworthy realtor hope you can give me some pointers in the right direction,by the way the realtor with a bad track record does their initals begin with PB by any chance.................

Interesting choice of initials, I should say, Diceman... sounds like you have burnt fingers? Whereabouts south of Paraiba?

D

Diceman

praia bela

Interesting choice of initials, I should say, Diceman... sounds like you have burnt fingers? Whereabouts south of Paraiba?
Hi Debzor,the area is Praia Bela,good quality condos being built as we speak,and infastructure devloping over next few years ,overlooked by SUDEMA.I have been and stood on my plots and am happy with location and posistion. Imust stress i have paid the dreaded gringo price ,please be careful who you deal with and it is only now i am getting to grips with how things work in Brazil and am starting to make good contacts with people who live in the area and know the system well.Brazil is not easy to navigate and in my own experience dealing with certain british agents thier prices are purely aimed at the gringo market.On a positive note i believe there are good investments in Brazil,just tread carefully,and always use a independent lawyer................Happy Hunting!!!

P

Paul J. Watson

Atlantic Trust

That did cross my mind Tim, well Paul what have you got to say are you or do you with for or with Atlantic Trust
Ha! No, just a boring old software developer I'm afraid! I just had a good buying experience with them and found this discussion thread and contributed. Apologies if it wasn't what you guy's wanted to hear :)

T

timatthebeach

not fussed wether they're a good or bad company paul, but apologies for insinuating you were an agent in disguise - just were uber-keen on the company maybe i am getting too cynical as i get older :)

Last edited: