ad

Best Property investment Strategy / Option for a beginner

J

Jayman21

Hello,

I have been putting off property investment for a very long time but really keen to get started now despite the pandemic. Can you share / advice on the best entry option / strategy?

I know there are few options such as:
1. AirBnB: rent an available property then run it as airbnb.
Does this strategy still hold true and successful given the pandemic?

2. Ren to Rent: rent a property long term and put it back on rent

3. Property Dev: Buy from auction, develop and sell/rent. House flipping

4. Peer2Peer Property Investment:

Which can you advice on? what other safe entry options are available.

Also looking for property investors happy to work collectively on property opportunities. i.e. Jointly Identify opportunity and co-deliver / manage
Look forward to contributions.

Best wishes
Jay

P

propsid

I cant get the second point, what do you mean by rent to rent?,

Z

Zembo

I think it depends on your budget. I only buy one house at a time and renovate / modernize it. When I'm done, I'll buy the next house. The first one doesn't necessarily have to be sold yet, but the work should be done because I have a group of craftsmen with whom I renovate the houses. The question is whether you can rent all the houses and then you are allowed to sublet them. That is definitely not allowed everywhere. It also depends on the country in question.

J

Jayman21

Thank you @Zembo for your comment. That's.a good strategy and way forward. When I mentioned rent to rent, I meant being able to rent from existing landlords and sub let to tenants making % on the cost per month. I guess subletting would an agreement with the Landlord.

J

John Medina

I think it totally depends on your condition or a budget.

E

EvolutionBlogger

Below are my views

-> I have Airbnb properties. They are sstill occupied, but with lower rents. It's a good strategy, but you need to furnish your properties to a high standard

-> This is good if you don't have deposit money to get your own place.It's a lot of work, for not that much money

-> This is fine, but do you have enough knowledge to execute these strategies? Also, to buy a property at auction, you need to have the funds avaiable in cash

-> I don't do this, as you get no benefits from leverage

A

Archiesam

Become a landlord.
Own a rental property
Real estate investment trusts
These are a few ways one can go with

M

MilkyFloor

I suppose that the first variant would be the most efficient. Besides, I think that it is not so difficult to do

D

Dora Wi

I'm not sure now is a good time to get in on AirBnB's if you haven't done it before. The way I see it, property dev. is still a good option. Buy-to-let (which I can't see on the list) might also be an option but it depends on where you are, in some places landlords are worse off than in others.

Last edited:
K

Keith85

Hello,

I have been putting off property investment for a very long time but really keen to get started now despite the pandemic. Can you share / advice on the best entry option / strategy?

Also looking for property investors happy to work collectively on property opportunities. i.e. Jointly Identify opportunity and co-deliver / manage

Best wishes
Jay
Hi Jay,

All the four options you had listed out have their advantages and disadvantages, especially with the current economic uncertainty. From some market research, I have come across opinions made by some property experts that there is a possibility to earn a return on investment of more than 20% when flipping a home in some areas of the UK. Hence, in my opinion, some great property deals do exist that make house flipping a viable and possibly lucrative endeavour for most– even for an inexperienced investor.

shayan ahmed khan

shayan ahmed khan

Hello,

Best wishes
Jay
not onliny airbnb there are almost 9 to 10 property portal
like jagahonline or zameen alyan

E

Elo Stew

Hello,

Best wishes
Jay
Have you tried BRRRR Strategy? How about sandwich rentals, duplex home rentals? This is also a great tactic to start with. If you want some professional deals where you can gain passive income, try investing to trusted REITs company.

D

Dora Wi

The AirBnB system seems to be recovering pretty well, now that in many places restrictions are less severe and more people are vaccinated. It's starting to look like a good option again, although we cannot really foresee if a new wave could affect it badly again.

K

Keith85

Have you tried BRRRR Strategy? How about sandwich rentals, duplex home rentals? This is also a great tactic to start with. If you want some professional deals where you can gain passive income, try investing to trusted REITs company.
BRRRR can be a great entry strategy, and I do agree with Elo Stew. However, I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you should be aware that one of the most difficult challenges for new investors is figuring out how to refinance BRRRR properties. According to what I've learned, there are primarily two methods for refinancing a BRRR property. Conventional financing is one of the options available. This option, on the other hand, is the most popular and offers the lowest interest rates. Commercial finance is another option for refinancing, although the interest rates may be higher.

D

Dora Wi

BRRRR can be a great entry strategy, and I do agree with Elo Stew. However, I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you should be aware that one of the most difficult challenges for new investors is figuring out how to refinance BRRRR properties. According to what I've learned, there are primarily two methods for refinancing a BRRR property. Conventional financing is one of the options available. This option, on the other hand, is the most popular and offers the lowest interest rates. Commercial finance is another option for refinancing, although the interest rates may be higher.
This is great advice, refinancing is indeed a challenging question for those who are new to this kind of investment.

U

UnionCowork

As we all knew after the pandemic we suffered many kinds of problems like- mental, health-related, and also financial. at this time buying a house/offices is might be not a good idea, so according to me Go for Rent/lease that more elegant & money saver deal through my perspective.

D

Dora Wi

As we all knew after the pandemic we suffered many kinds of problems like- mental, health-related, and also financial. at this time buying a house/offices is might be not a good idea, so according to me Go for Rent/lease that more elegant & money saver deal through my perspective.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this - by rent/lease are you thinking about buy-to-let investments?

J

Jayman21

Not sure I understand your contribution. Could you elaborate please