Corona Virus and investing

C

Connar

I have a friend who invested in a property in Dubai, She has paid off two thirds of the property and then the Corona Virus struck, She was forced to close her business. Now the developer in Dubai are insisting on being paid the remainder of the money with in a few weeks or they say they will cancel the contract and she will lose everything she has paid so far. Could someone please advise where she stands here.

D

Dora Wi

That probably depends on the contract she signed. It's hard to say anything useful without knowing the contents of their contract. I think it would be best to consult with a legal expert.

I

iamtammi

That's ouchy, but yes online haven't you tried your business?

love1421

love1421

The virus is getting spread with each passing day according to me there is no benefit to invest in any real estate.

D

Dora Wi

The virus is getting spread with each passing day according to me there is no benefit to invest in any real estate.
This is quite a pessimistic outlook. While the situation is still dire in many places, the virus won't last forever, so I think there could be benefits to investing in real estate.