How many percent of UK people will move to Australia and buy a house?

M

Match20

Just wanna know the preferences of UK people about the migration to Australia, and which city do you like?

R

realdeals

I did some digging and these seem to be the more popualr Australian cities for UK expats:-

1. Melbourne
2. Sydney
3. Adelaide
4. Perth
5. Brisbane

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
An old school friend of mine moved to Australia many years ago and I see his posts and comments on Facebook. The impression I get is that it was the best move he ever made, he has a different lifestyle that you he wouldn’t have had in the UK and when balancing employment income and the cost of living, I get the impression he is no worse off.

NewOrleansHomeBuyer

NewOrleansHomeBuyer

New Orleans Property Investor
I am born and raised in Australia and there are so many people from the UK that move here. We had lots of people who worked for our company who we sponsored and ended up getting citizenship and moving. Most of the time they don't intend to move, they just want to live here for awhile but they end up falling in love with the weather or an Australian.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Are the British well received in Australia? I would say its one of the most popular British expat destinations? Surely it cant be just the weather.....

NewOrleansHomeBuyer

NewOrleansHomeBuyer

Yes they are well received. We have a similar drinking culture and most Aussies like Brits. I used to hire a lot of British people as I found the work ethic was really high.

L

lookinginvest

Is the visa criteria still as tough as it used to be? I have heard of many Brits struggling to gain their visas and having to give up on their dreams of a new life.

NewOrleansHomeBuyer

NewOrleansHomeBuyer

I am not sure the details but I can tell you we sponsored lots of Brits in my business who ended up applying for and getting permanent residency. There was a process and it took a bit of time but I saw lots of people do this successfully.

K

karenburton1305

Do people typically stay in Australia once they move out there, or do they eventually return to the UK?

D

Dora Wi

Do people typically stay in Australia once they move out there, or do they eventually return to the UK?
I can't cite any statistics but many people move back to the UK eventually. People moving to Australia from the UK often think that the two countries will be very similar in terms of culture and carreer, but they are actually quite different in many ways, and it's not always easy to find work, especially not if you want to level up in your carreer.

K

karenburton1305

I can't cite any statistics but many people move back to the UK eventually. People moving to Australia from the UK often think that the two countries will be very similar in terms of culture and carreer, but they are actually quite different in many ways, and it's not always easy to find work, especially not if you want to level up in your carreer.
Ah Interesting - I've considered moving to Aus myself but it is always the job prospects that potentially hold me back. You don't get a lot of big companies with HQ there!

D

Dora Wi

Ah Interesting - I've considered moving to Aus myself but it is always the job prospects that potentially hold me back. You don't get a lot of big companies with HQ there!
I think to some extent it's always difficult to find good opportunities when you move to a different country. Sometimes we have to think through whether we deem it worthy to move someplace else while potentially working on a level/for a salary that is less than we consider ideal.

B

bracknelson

In Australia, there are so many people from the UK that move here, The weather in Australia is generally a lot better than in the UK. Australia is one of the most popular destinations for British ex-pats

D

Dora Wi

In Australia, there are so many people from the UK that move here, The weather in Australia is generally a lot better than in the UK. Australia is one of the most popular destinations for British ex-pats
Isn't it too warm for people who are used to colder/more moderate climates?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Many people move from the UK to get away from the cold and grey skies. Australia is often chosen because they speak the same language so integration is much easier than in many other countries.