Construction in Investment

• It was fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never again

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
B

Ben Bushell

There are many opportunities to be taken when it comes to property investment but are we put of by the construction process ?

I would like to talk about what we consider to be positives and negatives when using construction during property investment.

Does anyone have any experiences they would share both good and bad ?

Thank you.

F

FWL

I tend to think of this in very simple terms, the earlier in the building process you become involved more potential profit further down the line. However, it is fair to say there is a greater potential for delays and finding a construction company you can trust who will deliver on time is not always easy.

B

Ben Bushell

I tend to think of this in very simple terms, the earlier in the building process you become involved more potential profit further down the line. However, it is fair to say there is a greater potential for delays and finding a construction company you can trust who will deliver on time is not always easy.

What is you opinion on freelance project managers ? do you think that this is a good way to iron out any potential issues or a waste of money?

R

realdeals

Personally I would look to heavily tilt the cost of construction in such as way as bonuses are paid when targets are hit. This may sound like "giving money away" but if it gets the job done on time and is affordable then you will probably save yourself money in the long run. Delays not only lead to additional capital requirements but higher interest charges on loans - balance up the pros and cons on incentivising as many workers on the job as possible. Money talks :)