ad

Selling With 'No Development' Clause?

W

Wendywoo93

Hi, am looking for advice please with a situation...
My Mum owns a house very near my home.
She wants to sell and as it's in a large plot property developers are keen to buy.
The developers plan to build a whole estate on this plot and adjoining ones which is obviously the last thing I want on my doorstep.
Is there any way to prevent the developers posing as a private buyer ?
Is there any likelihood of finding a buyer who would agree to a clause in the contract of sale that there is to be no development on the land do you think?
Many thanks for any and all advice.

N

nmb

Why not sell the home and keep the land? This would ensure no development in the future? The value of property with a no development clause - if this was possible - would be relatively low anyway?

It might also enhance the value of the home if buyers were made aware that there would be no developments on the vacant land.

R

realdeals

In all honesty I would take legal advice because there may be issues in the future if a third party took on the land and decided to go against the original wishes of your mum.

F

FWL

I am sure there will be aware using trusts and other legal vehicles but I would certainly take legal advice before doing anything.

D

diyhelp

Hi @Wendywoo93

Did you ever get to the bottom of this - is there a way to protect the land from development in the future?