Buying Property Overseas

L

LukeWestwood1984

Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase a property overseas in mainland Europe but am not sure of the best way to go about exchanging Pound Sterling into Euro's?

I've looked at a few smaller traders as well as quotes from the larger banks, the smaller firms tend to offer much more competitive rates of exchange.

Any help would be appreciated.

Luke

L

leonidas5

Hi Luke!
I suggested you also to have a look on Greek property market.
Are available a lot of bargain properties all over the country and at the islands.

N

nmb

While there are some interesting opportunities in the European real estate market the European economy as a whole is still struggling. Aside from the likes of Germany, where there is increased demand for property, and the UK, which is on the verge of leaving the European Union, it is difficult to pinpoint any other interesting real estate markets at this moment in time. Would you be better off holding back until all of the confusion and uncertainty has faded?

P

PropEx

The smart money is buying property in USA. As nmb has already stated, nobody really knows what is going to happen in Europe in the immediate future. With Trump reducing corporate tax from 35% to 15%, US companies will repatriate their money and also him freeing up $1 trillion for infrastructure while unemployment is pretty low anyway will mean people will have to pay higher wages etc.

R

realdeals

Hi @PropEx

Which US real estate markets do you think Donald Trump will impact most? The clever money seems to be on New York but could he also target underperforming real estate markets?

P

PropEx

Hi @PropEx

Which US real estate markets do you think Donald Trump will impact most? The clever money seems to be on New York but could he also target underperforming real estate markets?
I wouldn't say that he will "target" any real estate markets per se, but the banks will start lending more money and housing prices will go up. The underperforming markets will be starting at a lower base so you will get a high profit in % terms, but the likes of NYC is at such a high rate already, I wouldn't say the smart money would be going there. I suppose the big boys might still go there, but I certainly won't be, I'll be staying in the US cities I am already in just now.

G

georgestanley032

Before you decide to buy property overseas especially in Europe you need to think more than twice not because it's not yet time to invest property there, but because you need to consider a lot of things before buying a property. I'd say analyze the market first and get some advice from the experts.