ad

Rental income

M

Michelle Barringer

Forum Partner
With the news that rents rose by 3.4% in 2015 and house prices by over 7% - does this effect your thoughts on BTL?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
In simple terms that means based on averages the yields are going down if you leave it longer to buy and the market keeps rising like this...

As long as you buy "right" and at a good price and in a good area (usually on the fringe of town centres or already expensive areas) there is still plenty of business to be done!

Of course all those with existing portfolios have just made on both hands and surely won't be complaining...

I'm happy with small stable growth so I personally hope the market doesn't keep shooting up too quickly...

M

Michelle Barringer

Forum Partner
i agree if you are an existing BTL investors this is good news all round - but if you are currently considering investment options and the yields are decreasing then maybe a fixed return deal might be the better option - esp given the new stamp duty on BTL?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
maybe a fixed return deal might be the better option - esp given the new stamp duty on BTL?
I think some good fixed rate deals which are hands off are always a nice compliment to any portfolio...