City of Arabia Project

• Thread starter City of Arabia's Victim
  • Start date
M

Morad

Cancelled Projects

for cancelled project RERA says we have to keep on checking dubai court site . what if we are busy and missed the announcement then does that mean we wont be able to get back our money (if any since i doubt Galadari has left anything in the Escreq account and the land is not theirs either) ?

F

FlipItFast

Today I requested and received a copy of OQOOD registration forms from IMG.

As we bought back in 2007 it became the developers responsibility to do this registration.

I believe that today the investor has to pay a fee to the developer for this registration.

In any case, the reason I speak about this is because of a discussion I had with a lady from the DLD (by phone)

She told me that the whole point of the 4% registration was to get all properties sold registered - i.e. so that the DLD has a record of who actually bought what.

She said to me that if my properties were already registered in OQOOD that I would not have to make this 4% payment now.

While this sounds encouraging I am still cautious, as I know these people who answer phones are not exactly the sharpest tools in the box. However this lady did seem to know her facts.

In any case, I will still go to DLD in person.
Did she actually say that if your properties were NOT already registered in OQOOD then you don't have to pay?

You say that you received the OQOOD registration forms from IMG. Does that mean that your properties have been registered?

M

Morad

Dubai court for Cancelled Properties

i checked and it seems like we have to just check dubai's court site to see if we should register for Metro tower ourselves . ie: the court or galadari is NOT going to let us know when to register and if we miss it then tough , better luck next time :banghead:

T

TCU LUX

Dubai property registration deadline extended to October 31
Resolution No.30 of 2013 prescribes fine to be double of the prescribed fees
By Parag Deulgaonkar

Published Thursday, June 25, 2015 (Emirates 24/7 online news)

Update: The deadline for registration of all units sold in Dubai has been extended to October 31, 2015, from June 30, 2015, according to a circular issued by Dubai Land Department on Thursday.

Looks like we've dodged the bullet for now!

Last edited:
F

FlipItFast

By Parag Deulgaonkar

Update: The deadline for registration of all units sold in Dubai has been extended to October 31, 2015, from June 30, 2015, according to a circular issued by Dubai Land Department on Thursday.

Thanks for posting!

F

FlipItFast

i checked and it seems like we have to just check dubai's court site to see if we should register for Metro tower ourselves . ie: the court or galadari is NOT going to let us know when to register and if we miss it then tough , better luck next time :banghead:
Bad news: the status of Metro Tower on the RERA site has changed from Cancelled to "Conditional Active".

A

Amj

By Parag Deulgaonkar

Did you check with Rera why Metro Tower's status changed from cancelled to conditional active?
IMG might have taken some extension again :/

M

Morad

Galadari Projects

Bad news: the status of Metro Tower on the RERA site has changed from Cancelled to "Conditional Active".
since less than a year ago the land where city of arabia is built was bought by a government company owned by sheik Maktom so even if any project is cancelled in city of arabia we wont get a penny out of the land liquidation since they can not sell the land and i am sure there is just a few pennies left in the escrow and galadari wants to make sure they will take that out of the escrow account too and thats why they insist on not letting it cancelled and of course they are still selling units to poor unfortunate people like us that dont know what is happening . the other time i was there in galadari's office they were selling some units to a poor family and they got rid of me quickly so i wont say nothing to the poor buyers i suppose .
just dont pay a penny more for taxes or ... you will just make them more rich laughting at us and how naive we were/are .

F

FlipItFast

since less than a year ago the land where city of arabia is built was bought by a government company owned by sheik Maktom so even if any project is cancelled in city of arabia we wont get a penny out of the land liquidation since they can not sell the land and i am sure there is just a few pennies left in the escrow and galadari wants to make sure they will take that out of the escrow account too and thats why they insist on not letting it cancelled and of course they are still selling units to poor unfortunate people like us that dont know what is happening . the other time i was there in galadari's office they were selling some units to a poor family and they got rid of me quickly so i wont say nothing to the poor buyers i suppose .
just dont pay a penny more for taxes or ... you will just make them more rich laughting at us and how naive we were/are .
Thanks Morad for this info.

They must be selling the Avenue 353 project. Surely potential buyers would Google "City of Arabia" to see the disastrous track record. Or even take the link from the Avenue 353 web site.

You must be referring to the Master Developer, Dubai Properties. Their web site does not mention City of Arabia, which is hardly surprising.

Finally the taxes go to the Dubai government not to Galadari. According to DubaiEye radio, you must pay even if all you have is a "hole in the ground". Otherwise "heavy penalties" apply. This needs to be confirmed by the Land Department.

M

Morad

Tax

Thanks Morad for this info.

They must be selling the Avenue 353 project. Surely potential buyers would Google "City of Arabia" to see the disastrous track record. Or even take the link from the Avenue 353 web site.

You must be referring to the Master Developer, Dubai Properties. Their web site does not mention City of Arabia, which is hardly surprising.

Finally the taxes go to the Dubai government not to Galadari. According to DubaiEye radio, you must pay even if all you have is a "hole in the ground". Otherwise "heavy penalties" apply. This needs to be confirmed by the Land Department.
yes i know Dubai government gets the tax. my point is that we all know that they will never build these projects since this is all just a big scam so why should we pay taxes to their government since many years from now after they finally dry up the escrew account and see that they cant scam more people then they will cancel the projects just to wrap up the issue . but then dubai government will never return our money or make us run after them for another 10 years too just to get back the tax after these projects are cancelled or they will simply have another law that will mean we also lose the tax . you know how easy making laws for them is in Dubai .

A

afaqhaider

latest

Dear all investors/ victims of CoA

today i had a meeting with one of the members in CoA's settlement team. who are trying to settle the investment of all the investors either in some other projects and or in the form of Credit Note.

Now giving an insight, for a long time this project has had been laying in the Dubai Land Department as "Under Cancellation Decision", but recently I had a meeting in Dubai Land Department(DLD)'s Trust Account Department where i came to know that they have settled for a meeting with the IMG, (The developer). in which they will discuss further about cancelling or continuing the project.

Later i didn't had the privilege to talk to them, but on DLD website, the project status became "Conditionally Active" which gave me some hope. (mentioning that i am realy worried about paying 4% registration fee to Oqood when the project is dead) therefore, i started following up with CoA and finaly today i got a chance to speak to them. what i have been offered is that to change the property that i have bought in Metro Tower with their other project known as "Avenue 353"

What would the experts suggest??

Thank you for Reading.

Kind Regards,

A

afaqhaider

Did she actually say that if your properties were NOT already registered in OQOOD then you don't have to pay?

You say that you received the OQOOD registration forms from IMG. Does that mean that your properties have been registered?
i had been to DLD and met Mr. Ahmed Lootah and Mr. AlSyed Mansoor, my conversation with them was very straight forward.

Me> Sir, Just 1 question.
them> yes please
Me> Sir, do i really have to pay Registration fee i.e. 4%?
them> yes
Me> if i dont pay?
them> then you will have fine.
me> if i dont pay even then.
them> then you will have penalty 100% of the Registration fee
me> if i dont pay even then.
them> then we will file a case in court against you. and that will be from DLD itself. you have to have to pay the registration fee.

now CoA is recommending, actually forcing to transfer funds from Metro Tower to Avenue 353.

any suggestions

N

norman1950

Offer to Transfer

Dear Afaqhaider

Thanks for the post.
Who did you speak to regarding the option of transferring from Metro Tower to Avenue 353? Was this someone from CofA or someone from Lawyer Point?
i would like to hear details more about the offer to transfer to Avenue any chance of telling me what the offer looks like and the timescale?
look forward to hearing from you

Norman

F

FlipItFast

The site is back online!

It appears to be missing the posts from August onwards.

T

TCU LUX

Dubai Land Department website shows Metro Tower as 'Cancelled' (for the 3rd time)

Let's see how long it takes to return to 'conditionally active' this time!!!!!!!

City of Arabia's Victim

City of Arabia's Victim

Hello everyone,

I suppose all of you know me. To receive updates and any information regarding city of arabia projects please send me an email to give you access to our Telegram Group. By joining Telegram Group you will have updates/news as soon as they happen right on your cellphones.

The CAIG
(moderated) (Personal contact details are not allowed on the forum)

Last edited by a moderator:
City of Arabia's Victim

City of Arabia's Victim

It seems they don't let email address to be published. But to all investors:

The 2nd court hearings for Metro Tower was held today. To protect your investment if you have not contacted me please send an email right away. Ask me in PM for my email address.

(moderated)

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FlipItFast

Reviving this thread. Note that the CAIG's offer is still open.

Act quickly: your legal rights are about to expire.