Energy Certificates

• Thread starter James Glassbrook
  • Start date
J

James Glassbrook

I wonder how many sales are going to be lost because the owner has failed to obtain the certificate which will be a legal requirement from Jan the first ?
Jim

omostra06

omostra06

Iam not sure that the new regs will lead to sales being lost, if an owner forgets or is unaware of what he has to do, then it could delay a sale, if someone is selling through an agent then the agent should help get this document for the owner, as well as all the other paperwork that they will help an owner get in order to sell.

L

lena green

Energy Certificate is this not just another stealth tax?
The majority of concrete homes have no insulation at all save an inch of cheapo polystyrene sandwiched between water absorbing red brick which has 5mm of render over brick coated with cheapo external paint. No roof insulation, little damproofing but points given for double glazing.

I doubt anyone will go to the expense of improving their props to sell it, they`ll just pay a higher tax band as will the new owners. I suppose it will lead to builders building better quality at least.
Although energy conservation is high on Portugals agenda, imposing a tax will not hurry things along, now, a grant to insulate a home would.

J

James Glassbrook

I don't think that €45 per certificate is going to make a great deal of difference to the national coffers.
Jim

omostra06

omostra06

its more than 45 euros! some of the companies that do the certificate are offering estate agents 50 euro commissions to recommend them to owners, soits going to cost a lot more!

J

James Glassbrook

Portaria nº 835/2007 fixed the price of the certificate at €45 plus IVA which is the amount that the government will receive. The cost of the inspection is a different matter.
Jim

omostra06

omostra06

exactly so my guess would be around 250 euros the poor home owner will be expected to pay out.

L

lena green

Who`s bothered how much it costs..................its so damn cold here now,anybody warm?? if so, how do you do it?

L

lena green

I do now most mornings, stay in bed that is, why get out of a warm place to a cold place. Dyna know, its warmer outside than it is inside, must get someone to sleep with then maybe I can hibernate through this getting rid of the credit crunch and winter all in one go! see you in 2010!!

J

James Glassbrook

Keeping Warm

I start every day by taking my dog for a brisk walk (at 7a.m) suiatably dressed and don't feel too cold.
A re-rooved farmhouse with metre thick walls retains the heat of a log fire.I don't know about flats but I think that the newer ones are well insulated.Certainly the "villas" built for the British yuppies in the eighties left a great deal to be desired with great sheets of glass like shop fronts ( perhaps a subconcious desire to agree with Napoleon ) and single breeze blocks but many of those have already been dealt with.
Jim

L

lcw47

i live near Marvao in Alentejo you think its cold you should be here .!
re Energy Certificate i am selling final date end May 2013 , my experienced estate agent tells me with 4 weeks to go that i must have certificates (bit late) she's not sure but get anyway.
i am selling 2 houses on one plot , one house in uninhabitable ruin (empty 11 years ) .
second house has not been lived in for over 4 years , Electric bills as proof.
I have been told by x pats that i do not need certificates anyone know the rules or where i can look, i have visited dozens of expert !!! sites and cant find details thanks keep warm

J

James Glassbrook

i live near Marvao in Alentejo you think its cold you should be here .!
re Energy Certificate i am selling final date end May 2013 , my experienced estate agent tells me with 4 weeks to go that i must have certificates (bit late) she's not sure but get anyway.
i am selling 2 houses on one plot , one house in uninhabitable ruin (empty 11 years ) .
second house has not been lived in for over 4 years , Electric bills as proof.
I have been told by x pats that i do not need certificates anyone know the rules or where i can look, i have visited dozens of expert !!! sites and cant find details thanks keep warm
To sign a property contract - either sale or rental an energy certificate is needed and there are plenty of people advertising this service. You will need to sign the escritura (deeds) before a notary. I sggest that you contact a nearby notary to confirm all the requirements first.