Is the Dubai property market falling apart or finding a level?

B

Banofee

I bought a studio in IC for 235k in 2006, made 200k from rent over the years and could sell it for 250k if I want.

Also I have bought one bedroom for 250k last year and could sell it now for 350k.
Hello, can you say which area you purchased?

A

AliZaidi

2008 was a dream crashing for many. Five years down the road, I can see many still living here and leading a good life. A relative of mine got fired from a bank, then his wife also got fired from her bank. But both have a job now and a pretty little daughter.
Rents had gone low in the city. But they have risen to a level that a landlord is no more trying to pull his hair off his head, yes, he is not making as much as he wanted to make back in 2007 or 08. But then again, his dreams were unrealistic. He should never have made that much and he didn't. He should have made enough to run his business.. he is making that much. So, LOGICAL!

Actually the bubble has been burst. That's it! It's no more fancy investing here but people are happy with their businesses now. Banks have started to recover, many of them are hiring now. Even in worst days, they never stopped hiring the deserving ones.

Dubai has had its good and bad days. Good days came to an end. Bad days are coming to an end. What next? Good days again I hope and pray. :)

K

Kevin.V

Frankly No,

I have been in this market for sometime now.
If u look closely in 2009 when the bubble broke, the prices came back to what they should have been in the first place.
The bubble broke as a correction, this helped real estate stabilize, a lot of speculators left the market, plenty of agents who knew nothing bout the market left.
This was required but was not done.
Now with the RERA in place and all the formalities required for Sellers, Buyers & Agents alike its better and will only take the Real Estate sector to a new high.
So yea as per certain analysis, i have deduced its not goin to become a bubble, It
has just stabilized and will continue.

cheeers,

Kevin

S

shahidn73

the market is picking up and cannot be treated as a bubble, it is more of economic growth..

S

Salman_Rizvi

Market has picked up , 2013 saw a decent increase in property prices ,its much more realistic compared to what we saw in 2008 crash .

S

santooshm

Dubai Property Market on increase

So 2008 is over. Probably one of the worst financial crisis' ever.
The Dubai property market is on the increase and people are buying crazy left, right and center.
In 1 year there can be a 30%-40% capital return on investment.

1DXB

2014 Q1 sale performance results of Dubai property are out with very minimal growth (<1% vs previous quarter),analysts are attributing this to the mortgage caps & increased registration fees. They're projecting stable growth moving forward but not at the same rapid levels seen in 2013.

K

Khairallah

Dubai markets are definitely doing well after financial instability. However, it will take time to reach those levels it reached before. Investors must take caution of sudden jump of prices to new levels. As of now, work has started on stalled projects.

A

azanali

it,s graet idea I agree with you many happy and good work .

P

paparulo

Anyone affected by KM Properties in Parklane, B2B or Tamani Arts projects?

If you are, please post in the "change of developer" forum, here in Dubai Property, so we can join efforts to defend our rights !

If you are not, but you have been exposed to big discrepancies of areas of what you purchased vs what you received, I would like to hear your case.

Regards,
paparulo

D

DubaiBlue

The market is stabilizing. Yes, there appears to be a slight correction underway, but there is still value in certain hot-spots for investors.

A

aainakhan

1) Dubai Properties: Then and Now

Dubai is the new land of dreams for people from developing countries. The architectural and tourism related development also brought with it the development of the real estate. Cautious this time around, the government has apparently stepped in to curb speculative buying. This is mainly because Dubai properties were declared the red-hot residential real estate market once before in 2003 when buying land was made legal for foreigners but that phase saw a huge downfall during 2008-2009.

Annual growth in prime property prices in Dubai almost halved in the second quarter of 2014 compared to the previous quarter. Prime prices rose by 6.3 percent in the year to June, down from 11.7 percent in the last quarter, its Prime Global Cities Index for Q2 revealed. For now, the residential market is still gaining rapidly; average sale prices increased 36 percent from a year earlier in the second quarter, compared to 33 percent in the first. Rents gained 24 percent, after 23 percent in the previous quarter which indicates that presently real estate in Dubai is in its heat.

World positioning of Dubai Properties - Dubai was ranked the 13th best performing real estate market, a sharp fall from previous quarters when the emirate has featured in the top two positions. The Global Prime Office Occupancy Costs survey by CBRE showed that Dubai ranked 23rd globally with occupational costs of $92.56 per square feet per annum as of the first quarter of 2014 while London's West End recorded overall occupancy costs of $277 per sq ft per year and topped the "most expensive" list. So Dubai Properties are pretty much still a part of the big picture.

A

aainakhan

Dubai Properties: Then and Now

Dubai is the new land of dreams for people from developing countries. The architectural and tourism related development also brought with it the development of the real estate. Cautious this time around, the government has apparently stepped in to curb speculative buying. This is mainly because Dubai properties were declared the red-hot residential real estate market once before in 2003 when buying land was made legal for foreigners but that phase saw a huge downfall during 2008-2009.

Annual growth in prime property prices in Dubai almost halved in the second quarter of 2014 compared to the previous quarter. Prime prices rose by 6.3 percent in the year to June, down from 11.7 percent in the last quarter, its Prime Global Cities Index for Q2 revealed. For now, the residential market is still gaining rapidly; average sale prices increased 36 percent from a year earlier in the second quarter, compared to 33 percent in the first. Rents gained 24 percent, after 23 percent in the previous quarter which indicates that presently real estate in Dubai is in its heat.

World positioning of Dubai Properties - Dubai was ranked the 13th best performing real estate market, a sharp fall from previous quarters when the emirate has featured in the top two positions. The Global Prime Office Occupancy Costs survey by CBRE showed that Dubai ranked 23rd globally with occupational costs of $92.56 per square feet per annum as of the first quarter of 2014 while London's West End recorded overall occupancy costs of $277 per sq ft per year and topped the "most expensive" list. So Dubai Properties are pretty much still a part of the big picture.

Saad Arif

Saad Arif

No Dubai property market is definitely not falling apart specially when there are numerous new developments going on but yes it is finding a level.

The prices went very high all of a sudden in the last Q of 2013 and remained almost the same until Feb-2014. Since that time the prices have started coming down and things are taking a natural course.

Its a steady but important process in the shaping of any real estate market and that is actually a good news for those who have their investments in Dubai or those who are planning to invest here.