Brazil: Pictures To Share With Us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nigelallen

Their is some real strange people on this board, Golfingworld just comes back from Brazil and says it how it is and he gets slated for it,
Well for your information Golfworld was in Brazil, people from my company met him while he was over their,
he seams an honest man with his head screwed on, and says it like it is, that's the trouble, not what people on here want to hear is it?

G

Golfingworld

I hope they come out, pictures are taken from a beautiful place called Imbassai , 60km from Salvador,
enjoy
I have been to Imbassai it is beautiful, a bit quiet at present but awesome. The beach is the finest you will ever see. This place is virgin territory and right near to Praia do Forte which is very well done. This coastline will become very stylish and a big tourist destination, the road is good from Salvador (unlike Pipa) and it is very sophisticated. There are golf courses nearby too..whoopee! Pesonally it is not for me as it is too quiet and I am not an "investor" looking for profit, but if you are then this is the place to go of all the places I have seen. Unlike Maracajau these is good renal possibility here as Bahia is the largest Brazilian tourist area, unlike North Natal. Most important of all in this area the infrastructure is there or is going in rapidly. Plus you have the Carnival in Salvador which is massive. In two weeks you can charge the equivalent to a month at any other time. This guy knows his stuff I have met him and I am sure he didn't take his pics from a travel website....like I allegedly did!

B

beenthere

Their is some real strange people on this board, Golfingworld just comes back from Brazil and says it how it is and he gets slated for it,
Well for your information Golfworld was in Brazil, people from my company met him while he was over their,
he seams an honest man with his head screwed on, and says it like it is, that's the trouble, not what people on here want to hear is it?
Hey I will slate an agent just as easily as GolfXXXX, have a look at the thread where I discuss propertyshowrooms.

It is nothing about what I want to hear, it is more about making a statement and backing it up with facts and then providing some reference to where those facts come from.

Notice I did that earlier when I argued that taking a picture of Pipa during the day doesn't mean that you can work out how busy the place is, I actually referred to another site where other people say exactly the same thing as I was, namely that Pipa only looks busy at night. For that I get called a fool.

All GolfXXXX does is make some sweeping statement, then when he is asked to provide some evidence or answer a specific question, he just comes back with either the same or new sweeping statements.

So just as I dislike to hear agents making things up, I also dislike hearing people slating a place they obviously know little about.

G

Golfingworld

Do I detect a slight "withdrawal" notbeenthere? My "sweeping statements" are there to refute the original sweeping statements made on websites about Brazil....ones like "massive flight increase" or "favourable currency". There is no flight increase and the currency is not favourable at present as the Reis is increasing! These are facts. The occupancy claims are ludicrous 70% of what? This is a cleverly worded ambiguity which the naive amongst us will assume 255 days a year. This is complete and utter nonsense be it now or in the next 5 years, certainly in Natal and definitely in NE Natal up the coast. Yes Pipa is popular but not for 255 days per year. I don't care whether you think I have been in Brazil or not and I don't do all inclusive. Had there really been that massive flight influx claimed on all those websites, I wouldn't have needed to use First Choice to Salvador..but it doesn't exist, just like many of the other sweeping positives which are claimed. If I was to make a hunch, I'd guess you've already paid a deposit on an off plan and are now setting about self-justifying your investment. I came along and burst a lot of bubbles..that's the power of the internet my friend. Long may it last!

B

beenthere

I just can't believe I said on the last message that "you make a sweeping statement, someone asks you something or tells you something, then you come back with the same or/and new sweeping statements again." and you actually did it again!!

So now you are actually changing your tune about Pipa, but still claiming that everyone else is wrong and you are right, yet you have as much evidence for this statement as the last one!!

As for the hunch, you are wrong again, I own a villa in Buzios (not the one you were in, the one just north of Rio) which I bought years ago, but that is it for the moment.

I do believe in this thread
you talked about how you stayed in the all-inclusive hotels??

G

Golfingworld

Also did you visit gran natl golf area in pitangui near natal atall ? If so do you have any pickies of that ??

Yes I've been there Dee.....there's two holes in the ground and a sign in it saying "Coming soon"! The area is fantastic, idyllic, nothing to do, no bars, clubs or shops. Beach restaurants were where I had my £30 langostinos. The drive back to natal takes about 50 minutes and the nearest Carrefour is 20 miles way. or will be when it opens. Amarantes, where the new bumper airport will be (allegedly) is not a great area but from GN Golf maybe 35/40 mins. The roads are bad and not easily improved as the area is protected. I am dubious about a golf course as to whether it will ever happen or be a decent full size course. There doesn't seem to be enough land hard to explain but one side is pure dunes with buggies racing over them...not ideal when I am trying to putt for a birdie.

Talking of birdies, it is not a place for a single man, if you want to meet the girl (or man) of your dreams go to Ponta Negra!

I really think this area is over priced by about 25% as by the time the infrastructure catches up (or similar developments) the first ones built will be 5 years old. Most important of all, there is absolutely no entertainment within 30 miles or 1 hour..new bridge or not and there won't be any for many years to come. Shops, I could even get a mickey mouse Ronaldinho shirt there, let alone some sandals.

Sorry to deliver bad news, but you know me by now....I am sure someone will come on and say that Walmart, Macey's and Pacha Disco are planning to be there soon!

G

Golfingworld

I just can't believe I said on the last message that "you make a sweeping statement, someone asks you something or tells you something, then you come back with the same or/and new sweeping statements again." and you actually did it again!!

So now you are actually changing your tune about Pipa, but still claiming that everyone else is wrong and you are right, yet you have as much evidence for this statement as the last one!!

As for the hunch, you are wrong again, I own a villa in Buzios (not the one you were in, the one just north of Rio) which I bought years ago, but that is it for the moment.

I do believe in this thread
you talked about how you stayed in the all-inclusive hotels??
Yes I know of the other Buzios BT, footballers wives stuff...the Marbella of Rio. I bet you can't take advantage of the massive flight boom and get there for £350 and you'll therefore know that the Reis is strengthening. How many Cariocas go to Natal for their holidays?

B

beenthere

funny you should mention flights, £560 for ibiza-madrid-rio-salvador-rio-madrid-ibiza in peak season ... booked three weeks before departure with Iberia.

As for the reais, I don't think it can get much stronger in the short term without USD support (which isn't there) and besides which it looks like the Brazil interest rate will continue it's downward movement.

I have met quite a few holidaying Cariocas in Pipa over the years but none in Natal itself, but then again, I usually only do my business in Natal then move on.

D

deedee1

:)EVENING ALL,

GW- THANX for your honest opinions and like you have stated before the only real way to know the truth is to get on a plane and"SEE FOR YOURSELF" And make up your own mind and judgements!!

WELL I was relieved to hear that at least theres a sign up saying "COMING SOON"!!
As I know thats its not an imaginary development and that someone has run off with my deposit and are sunning themselves in marbella on their own private yacht drinking a bottle of verve cliquot!! :eek:

GUYS...GUYS.... WHATS HAPPENING IS THERE A C**K FIGHT GOING ON OR SOMETHING??? Love thy neighbours....remember!!!! :D

Take care- speak soon-D

P

Propvantage

Thanks for all the comments, whether they are all true or not remains to be seen, but at the end of the day some of the comments on here could well become a "self fulfilling prophecy"

the comments by GW were mentioned in the newsletter, so now many potential investors may start to think twice before investing in Brazil, which may well decrease demand.

I personally took the plunge into a condo at Porto Dos Corais, whether or not this was a good decision remains to be seen. But from the research I have done & continue to do, the price per m2 for a sea view condo, including furniture, was pretty good.

I would love to hear comments & further remarks, as Im certainly no authority on Brazil, and No, I havent been there...

P

PAUL-brasil

Furniture

Thanks for all the comments, whether they are all true or not remains to be seen, but at the end of the day some of the comments on here could well become a "self fulfilling prophecy"

the comments by GW were mentioned in the newsletter, so now many potential investors may start to think twice before investing in Brazil, which may well decrease demand.

I personally took the plunge into a condo at Porto Dos Corais, whether or not this was a good decision remains to be seen. But from the research I have done & continue to do, the price per m2 for a sea view condo, including furniture, was pretty good.

I would love to hear comments & further remarks, as Im certainly no authority on Brazil, and No, I havent been there...
Hi,

Just wanted to ask you are you sure you have the furniture included or have you agreed to pay the extra? The extra is R$14,000 for the flats, R$21,000 for the apartments A,B and C and R$18,500 for the D type assuming that it may be of these type on the development you have invested in.

The reason i am questioning this for you is that the developer was allowing big confusion on this and hopefully i may of stopped this last May. I met the developers on this in there smart offices2years ago on my first trip to Brazil, by the seaway shopping area, Natal. Their people seemed good and i visited the area in Maracajau before the forest was even chopped, and i liked there planned development and the area, but at that time i was only just checking a lot of things before i came to my own conclusions on brazil investment. Although Off plans dont interest me that much in Natal i have still monitored them. 2 years ago they tried to tell me most appartments were sold and still they are a good few unsold, also 2year ago Porto Das Corais was due to be completed by Nov 2007 which far from the case due to not enough sales to keep the pace of build.
My main point tho is that last May a dopey agent who sat in her office in spain trying to sell off plan in Natal without a clue about the area and just reading the sales spin from a piece of paper rang me to try sell unit on the PDC and said all furniture included, which from memory i thought this might be incorrect so i decided to check. I checked the Brazil Homes International website to find the deal on furniture was unclear, so still having the contact card from the administrator in for the developer in brazil i emailed him pretending to wanting to buy and asked a few interesting questions and about furniture, he replied answering my questions all but about the furniture, he also sent me the payment details and said that i fill it in and he would then sort with the lawyer, 'what lawyer' i replied that i had my own lawyer in natal (yes i told a lie) and that my laywer would draft a agreement about all details including all furniture! he then replied telling me that the price not include and gave me the price list as i have mentioned. I told him that all the many agents (i even gave him a list) trying to sell PDC and including the Brazil Homes website indicated furnished incl and that i was sticking to this advertisment, he replied saying that he would look into these advertisments. I never heard from them again!!! But hopefully they might of addressed the problem.

Like i have said before im not here to doom about Off plan, im here to help most people think more about it (what Golf is trying to do) and add my thinking into it, even though overpriced alot look great for the future and i think in time assuming that tourism and the city grows and they is not a over delevopement then they will do good in capital gains.

Regards
Paul

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Paul & Propvantage,

We sell PDC as well so I can answer some of your questions.

They are now being sold unfurnished, but there is a furniture pack available for an extra amount depending on the development.

Rather than say I have been there and construction has started I have attached a few photos which I took in August.

Regards,
Rob.

Hi,

Just wanted to ask you are you sure you have the furniture included or have you agreed to pay the extra? The extra is R$14,000 for the flats, R$21,000 for the apartments A,B and C and R$18,500 for the D type assuming that it may be of these type on the development you have invested in.

The reason i am questioning this for you is that the developer was allowing big confusion on this and hopefully i may of stopped this last May. I met the developers on this in there smart offices2years ago on my first trip to Brazil, by the seaway shopping area, Natal. Their people seemed good and i visited the area in Maracajau before the forest was even chopped, and i liked there planned development and the area, but at that time i was only just checking a lot of things before i came to my own conclusions on brazil investment. Although Off plans dont interest me that much in Natal i have still monitored them. 2 years ago they tried to tell me most appartments were sold and still they are a good few unsold, also 2year ago Porto Das Corais was due to be completed by Nov 2007 which far from the case due to not enough sales to keep the pace of build.
My main point tho is that last May a dopey agent who sat in her office in spain trying to sell off plan in Natal without a clue about the area and just reading the sales spin from a piece of paper rang me to try sell unit on the PDC and said all furniture included, which from memory i thought this might be incorrect so i decided to check. I checked the Brazil Homes International website to find the deal on furniture was unclear, so still having the contact card from the administrator in for the developer in brazil i emailed him pretending to wanting to buy and asked a few interesting questions and about furniture, he replied answering my questions all but about the furniture, he also sent me the payment details and said that i fill it in and he would then sort with the lawyer, 'what lawyer' i replied that i had my own lawyer in natal (yes i told a lie) and that my laywer would draft a agreement about all details including all furniture! he then replied telling me that the price not include and gave me the price list as i have mentioned. I told him that all the many agents (i even gave him a list) trying to sell PDC and including the Brazil Homes website indicated furnished incl and that i was sticking to this advertisment, he replied saying that he would look into these advertisments. I never heard from them again!!! But hopefully they might of addressed the problem.

Like i have said before im not here to doom about Off plan, im here to help most people think more about it (what Golf is trying to do) and add my thinking into it, even though overpriced alot look great for the future and i think in time assuming that tourism and the city grows and they is not a over delevopement then they will do good in capital gains.

Regards
Paul

Attachments

M

mitico67

I too was into buying in PDC, then when I decided to go ahead for the apt on the 4th floor I found out that the furniture package was withdrawn. Also someone told me that another complex is going to be built, probably in front of it. In sept I was in Natal and I spoke to a norwegian developer(Jacuma resort beach golf) who said that some of the swedish developer of PDC were involved in money laundering. I cannot say that's it true however I found that a lot of the info I was getting from the agent were rubbish and I was amazed to found out that a lot of people were investing into this complex with little and true info. I have to confess that I almost did it. As of myself not having a lot of cash, I've learnt that buying offplan unless you go to have a look for yourself, gathering info and ask the opinion of a lawyer is a no no!

P

PAUL-brasil

Paul & Propvantage,

We sell PDC as well so I can answer some of your questions.

They are now being sold unfurnished, but there is a furniture pack available for an extra amount depending on the development.

Rather than say I have been there and construction has started I have attached a few photos which I took in August.

Regards,
Rob.

Hi Rob,

While i was investigating this in May i also asked about the completions,
The answer i got was all buildings upto section E would be now complete by 1st of Aug08, F in 01Sept08, G Oct, H in Jan09 and I on 1stFeb09.
So i actually assmued that the development would be further along in growth by now going from your pictures. In case they have being even more delays and that Propvandage is not aware, what is the due date s now?

Thanks

P

PAUL-brasil

I too was into buying in PDC, then when I decided to go ahead for the apt on the 4th floor I found out that the furniture package was withdrawn. Also someone told me that another complex is going to be built, probably in front of it. In sept I was in Natal and I spoke to a norwegian developer(Jacuma resort beach golf) who said that some of the swedish developer of PDC were involved in money laundering. I cannot say that's it true however I found that a lot of the info I was getting from the agent were rubbish and I was amazed to found out that a lot of people were investing into this complex with little and true info. I have to confess that I almost did it. As of myself not having a lot of cash, I've learnt that buying offplan unless you go to have a look for yourself, gathering info and ask the opinion of a lawyer is a no no!

Thanks for your input, thats what exactly what im trying to teach on here to be careful, use simple common sense like you would in your on country and really look at the big picture not just the spin and after Golf had started to warn people to think more in his way hopefully it is now working!

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi,

Have a look at this story: Natal Brazil: Brazil - Norway operation arrests criminals in Natal it had nothing to do with Swedes.

BTW Jacuma is being developed by a Spanish and Brazilian company, not Norwegian.

As for the front of PDC, there are some large villa plots for sale there. They can only build 2 stories max on those plots, so anything in PDC 3rd floor and above is guaranteed uninterrupted sea views.

Regards,
Rob.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Rob,

While i was investigating this in May i also asked about the completions,
The answer i got was all buildings upto section E would be now complete by 1st of Aug08, F in 01Sept08, G Oct, H in Jan09 and I on 1stFeb09.
So i actually assmued that the development would be further along in growth by now going from your pictures. In case they have being even more delays and that Propvandage is not aware, what is the due date s now?

Thanks
Hi Paul,

PDC was the first major development up there ready to start construction which means that every license was throughly tested (in court as well I believe) by the authorities which in turn meant that there were numerous delays. As you will see from the photos construction has now started.

The dates I have say that construction of the first phase will be complete in the second quarter 2008 and in total by the second quarter 2009.

Regards,
Rob.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for your input, thats what exactly what im trying to teach on here to be careful, use simple common sense like you would in your on country and really look at the big picture not just the spin and after Golf had started to warn people to think more in his way hopefully it is now working!
For a start find an agent that has been there, get a reputable lawyer that is independent from the developer and agent and yes do your own research.

I am not sure about thinking like Golf, he does after all think Ponta Negra is the next South Beach :D.

P

PAUL-brasil

For a start find an agent that has been there, get a reputable lawyer that is independent from the developer and agent and yes do your own research.

I am not sure about thinking like Golf, he does after all think Ponta Negra is the next South Beach :D.
Your previous message, i was not ever questioning the licenses of PDC, you have actually only brought somethings to my attension, i actually assumed all final seal of approval was completed before 2years ago from the state or so they were telling i think again from memory. So if all the planning approvals have delayed things for so long then why had they (and probably many agents who many would of known) been misleading about the the licences being all complete, i am also pretty sure many agents had advertised about all aproved long ago. and were also taking peoples money long ago? I do realise how it goes in brazil where delevopments can be 'garranted to a certain extent' but then told they have to change many plans for whatever reason before seal of approval. Even with a certain amount of garrantee no one shouldnt be talking money deposits mind, reservation fee maybe but not deposits a the discounted full payments.

Thanks for the advice but i think hopefully alot of people on here would of learnt that now from me from many of my inputs in the last week about the importance of checking yourself and own lawyer.

Im not sure about thinking like Golf either with all the gloom but im sure much of that is just for a bit banta aswell! but i applaud him for for trying to get more people to think more by showing negatives, so he has being trying to help many on here in his own way i think. I m a very positive person about brazil but i still way up bad posibilities and the negatives before making a decision, thats just common sense!

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Your previous message, i was not ever questioning the licenses of PDC, you have actually only brought somethings to my attension, i actually assumed all final seal of approval was completed before 2years ago from the state or so they were telling i think again from memory. So if all the planning approvals have delayed things for so long then why had they (and probably many agents who many would of known) been misleading about the the licences being all complete, i am also pretty sure many agents had advertised about all aproved long ago. and were also taking peoples money long ago? I do realise how it goes in brazil where delevopments can be 'garranted to a certain extent' but then told they have to change many plans for whatever reason before seal of approval. Even with a certain amount of garrantee no one shouldnt be talking money deposits mind, reservation fee maybe but not deposits a the discounted full payments.
Paul,

The licenses are & were approved a long time ago, but in Brazil licenses come from different govt. departments both local and federal, and they can be challenged by yet other departments. There are 7 licenses required in Natal!

So whilst all the licenses were in place they were throughly challenged to ensure that they each followed the letter of the law as this was the first major development in that area ready to start building.

While the challenges to the licenses were happening all construction had to stop. So I don't think this is a case of anyone deceiving anyone, but more a lack of communication.

Thanks for the advice but i think hopefully alot of people on here would of learnt that now from me from many of my inputs in the last week about the importance of checking yourself and own lawyer.
I am positive I have always recommended that people get their own lawyers and do their own research, so I am not sure what you mean by that?

Regards,
Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.