El Gouna Football Club

Georgina

Georgina

I have the 2008-2009 season list of football matches if anyone is interested in supporting them at the El Bustan Stadium in El Gouna.

EL GOUNA FC CLUB

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Georgina - considering they are footie mad I think this is what is missing in Sharm. Doesnt seem to be any footie clubs epsec for expat teenagers. Maybe if we move over hubby will try and start something up!!If anyone knows of any let me know please x

Georgina

Georgina

Hi - does anyone know if there is a football club in Hurghada?
Grand Club, affiliated with Grand Hotel from Hurghada, play their home
games at their humble ground from which the massive Steigenberger Al
Dau Beach Hotel can be clearly seen from the miniscule elevated shed
that serves as the only covered part of the ground.

It is located on the main road leading to Hurghada's new police
station in the vicinity of the airport.

S

Steveand Christine

Thinking about watching a game while we are out in December (home game on 29th Dec). Is it safe for us English to attend, what are the crowds like, how much to get in, standing or sitting etc?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Georgina

Georgina

I have only been to this match and went on my own. The crowds were wonderful with a great atmosphere against the Dutch team. Never heard of any problems when El Gouna FC play other Egyptian teams. Entry was free for the Dutch game and there is also a game on Thursday 4th November against Military Production at 2.30pm entrance free. I think there is a small charge at the other matches. El Gouna Information Center should have more information.

M

Mussa1

Just a general question, once my apartment is ready I will be going over to hurghada. Just wanted to know if there is a local football league that I could join or train with. Something like a sunday league like what we have here in the UK

I have only been to this match and went on my own. The crowds were wonderful with a great atmosphere against the Dutch team. Never heard of any problems when El Gouna FC play other Egyptian teams. Entry was free for the Dutch game and there is also a game on Thursday 4th November against Military Production at 2.30pm entrance free. I think there is a small charge at the other matches. El Gouna Information Center should have more information.

S

Steveand Christine

Thanks for the info.

Steve

Georgina

Georgina

Thinking about watching a game while we are out in December (home game on 29th Dec). Is it safe for us English to attend, what are the crowds like, how much to get in, standing or sitting etc?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi Steve and Christine
If you are still planning on going to the football match I would recommend catching the stadium shuttle bus. Customer Services have been sending an email before the match saying the entrance is free and advising the time the bus departs from Tamr Henna and then calls at the hotels. You should get this information from the Information Center nearer the day. The bus (either the usual open sided shuttle bus or Pakistani ornate bus but with a 'Stadium' sign in the window) will drop you at the covered seating area. I think the security this side may have a chance of speaking English incase you need any help rather than the public entrance. The bus will be waiting outside to take everyone back to Tamr Henna and the hotels.

S

Steveand Christine

Hi Steve and Christine
If you are still planning on going to the football match I would recommend catching the stadium shuttle bus. Customer Services have been sending an email before the match saying the entrance is free and advising the time the bus departs from Tamr Henna and then calls at the hotels. You should get this information from the Information Center nearer the day. The bus (either the usual open sided shuttle bus or Pakistani ornate bus but with a 'Stadium' sign in the window) will drop you at the covered seating area. I think the security this side may have a chance of speaking English incase you need any help rather than the public entrance. The bus will be waiting outside to take everyone back to Tamr Henna and the hotels.
Still planning to go. Is that Tamr Henna Square in El Gouna? We will be getting a bus/taxi from Hurghada to El Gouna. Thinking of going to Smugglers for meal after game is it far from Tamr Henna?

Steve

Georgina

Georgina

Yes just outside Tamr Henna Square is where all the shuttle buses park in Downtown El Gouna. Smugglers Pub is in Abu Tig Marina. If you walk around the marina basin go past Captain's Inn Hotel and opposite Pier 88 the floating restaurant is an alleyway and the pub is down there. If you get to Duty Free you have gone too far. The shuttle buses leave every 15 minutes from Tamr Henna to the marina. The pub opens at 7pm but doesn't serve food. I work there every Sunday night

Still planning to go. Is that Tamr Henna Square in El Gouna? We will be getting a bus/taxi from Hurghada to El Gouna. Thinking of going to Smugglers for meal after game is it far from Tamr Henna?

Steve

S

Steveand Christine

There seems to be a bit of confusion with El Gouna's next game. One fixture list shows the game is to be played on 30th Dec another has the game to played on 20th Jan. One fixture list shows them playing another in Cairo on the 29th Dec.
Can anyone confirm which is correct? It looks like we will have to wait till another time to watch them play. We will probably still try to get to El Gouna anyway.

Steve

Georgina

Georgina

I just heard on Facebook that the match due to be played today has been postponed until 20th January.

S

Steveand Christine

I just heard on Facebook that the match due to be played today has been postponed until 20th January.
Thanks for the info, will try to take in a game when we are out next time.

Steve & Christine

Georgina

Georgina

Just received this from Customer Services:

Come and watch the stars of Switzerland!

January 22nd, 12pm at the El Gouna Stadium.

Don’t miss this opportunity to see some great football being played between El Gouna FC vs. FC Luzern from Switzerland.

There will be 2 stadium bus lines starting simultaneously at

11am to pick up any guests interested in attending the match. One bus line will start from the Ocean View and pass by Ali Pasha, Turtle’s Inn, Captain’s Inn, Fanadir, Mosaique and Sheraton. The second bus line will start at Rihana Resort and pass by Moevenpick, Arena Inn, Steigenberger and Club Med.

Entrance is free.

Thank you and best regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Georgina

Georgina

There is also a football match on Thursday 24th at our stadium in Bustan near El Gouna airport. El Gouna FC VS. Sint-Truidense Voetbalvereniging FC. Kick off is at 14.30. I would recommend taking the stadium shuttle bus that will depart Downtown at 13.30 and call at the hotels as this will take you into the VIP area which is covered. The bus and entrance to the match is free.

N

naty651

thanks for you reply

hi
thanks a lot for your help and reply i will contact your friend and i hope that we can kmow each other when i will come .
We keep in touch.Have nice day in the lovely Gouna.Nathalie