Property investment in Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catherine4u

I saw someone asking on a community that investing where is a better option. Whether investing in villas, investing in apartments or investing in plots? Out of all these which one will give the higher rate of return on investment?

C

Catherine4u

Do you mean to say one should not do any kind of investment in Dubai now?

W

Wannaberich

I saw someone asking on a community that investing where is a better option. Whether investing in villas, investing in apartments or investing in plots? Out of all these which one will give the higher rate of return on investment?
Per sq ft studios give the best return.
Personally I would wait a little longer to buy a unit in Dubai as prices will probably fall a little more.When the market has reached the bottom then I would buy.You will get a great deal and long term Dubai is a great place to invest in.

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
Prices have fallen many times - off plan - don't even bother - just google it will show up to 50 percent drop in Dubai overall - I think there's a link to this on property community http://www.propertyforum.com/forum/dubai-property/18125-further-property-price-falls-expected-dubai-negative-outlook-expected-continue.html that's another twenty percent since the last time which wasn't long ago.
However there is someone doing a search for actual investors for the oasis towers 1 and 2 in DSC - contact oasisinvestors at googlemail dot com - pm messages also if you do not wish to publicly list your unit number. Seek and you will find what you are looking for - many threads here provide the information including the video.

C

Catherine4u

Per sq ft studios give the best return.
Personally I would wait a little longer to buy a unit in Dubai as prices will probably fall a little more.When the market has reached the bottom then I would buy.You will get a great deal and long term Dubai is a great place to invest in.
Now the prices have fallen a little. Do you expect them to fall any further? There is a lot of work going on in Dubai to recapture the lost position of the real estate sector. Don't you think that the prices will increase now?

W

Wannaberich

Now the prices have fallen a little. Do you expect them to fall any further? There is a lot of work going on in Dubai to recapture the lost position of the real estate sector. Don't you think that the prices will increase now?
A number of reports have stated prices will continue to fall and I believe that.As for there being alot of work to 'recapture the lost postion of the real estate sector',please explain cos I sure havent seen any.
As I said,personally I believe prices will drop further.Buy once they have reached bottom.Then in a few years time when Dubais infrastructure is looking really good,with much of the metro finished,with some more of the larger projects finished,with more visitors,residents,second airport well and truly up and running,perhaps a couple of theme parks, etc etc,then I believe Dubai has a great future.Its a long term investment.

C

Catherine4u

A number of reports have stated prices will continue to fall and I believe that.As for there being alot of work to 'recapture the lost postion of the real estate sector',please explain cos I sure havent seen any.
As I said,personally I believe prices will drop further.Buy once they have reached bottom.Then in a few years time when Dubais infrastructure is looking really good,with much of the metro finished,with some more of the larger projects finished,with more visitors,residents,second airport well and truly up and running,perhaps a couple of theme parks, etc etc,then I believe Dubai has a great future.Its a long term investment.
I also think that Dubai is a place for long term investment as long term investment is a win-win approach over there. I have read that the Dubai recovery will take place somewhere in 2011. So, it definitely means that long term investment will work there and not the short term because with short term investments you need to shake hand with all kind of ups and downs whereas in long term you just shake hand with the selective best options. I hope you agree with me.

G

georgihh

I also think that Dubai is a place for long term investment as long term investment is a win-win approach over there. I have read that the Dubai recovery will take place somewhere in 2011. So, it definitely means that long term investment will work there and not the short term because with short term investments you need to shake hand with all kind of ups and downs whereas in long term you just shake hand with the selective best options. I hope you agree with me.
Long term investment works all over the world. The question is how long is a long term investment?
Dubai is going to be one of the longest.

C

Catherine4u

Long term investment works all over the world. The question is how long is a long term investment?
Well i think in Dubai it is not a long term but a life time investment opportunity. If you hold your investment in the market for long you are sure to get a good return on it.

amplesou

amplesou

Banned
Well i think in Dubai it is not a long term but a life time investment opportunity. If you hold your investment in the market for long you are sure to get a good return on it.

once your property is built you can sell just like anybody else around the world!
if there compertion then do some thing to make your property stand out !
ie interior decor etc!
dubai proerty still sells if and when completed.:smokin:

W

Wannaberich

Yes.Like I said wait a few months till its obvious prices have reached the bottom,then buy,then wait a few years.
For me its a good bet.

W

Wannaberich

Maybe in 5 years things will be alot better.Thats my guess.
In the UK prices have already been rising for 1 year.

C

Catherine4u

Maybe in 5 years things will be alot better.Thats my guess.
In the UK prices have already been rising for 1 year.
Well I recently read in a report that Dubai will recover in the beginning of 2011. I guess 5 years time is too long for things to get better for Dubai.

C

CalFlyer

It is all about location in Dubai these days. Bad location will never see their 2008 valuations again and probably crumble down before any recovery (I don't name them here, but any insider knows the parts of town). Top locations have been stable for a while now (the best being around Burj Khalifa). Don;t be afraid to miss the market low, it may last for quite some time, especially when the large chunk of AD develoments hits the market. Then many of the commuters in the Marina will relocate.

C

Catherine4u

It is all about location in Dubai these days. Bad location will never see their 2008 valuations again and probably crumble down before any recovery (I don't name them here, but any insider knows the parts of town). Top locations have been stable for a while now (the best being around Burj Khalifa). Don;t be afraid to miss the market low, it may last for quite some time, especially when the large chunk of AD develoments hits the market. Then many of the commuters in the Marina will relocate.
Well the price stability of Burj Khalifa is not that it is performing good but it is due to the fact that it is one of its own kind in the whole world and it is something really attractive and unique.

Location does play an important role but my question remains the same. Which one will give you a better return? Whether a plot, an apartment or a villa even if the location is same.

B

Brendan R

you're absolutely right, location location location.

Dubai's hopes for growth have been redimensioned to a lower scale. It means less population growth, less income growth, less wealth creation.

The prospect of ghost towns in certain parts of Dubai is absolutely not a remote possibility. Other parts of town will keep their value.

If you buy in Dubai, first of all don't buy offplan.
Then make sure water, electricity and all are working. That you are close to major amenities (malls well frequented such as the Emirates mall but not Ibn Batuda for instance) and the community you are moving in has already some neighbours. Check for schools, hospitals, blah blah.

Avoid what could become a ghost town in the town at any cost.

C

CalFlyer

Well the price stability of Burj Khalifa is not that it is performing good but it is due to the fact that it is one of its own kind in the whole world and it is something really attractive and unique.

Location does play an important role but my question remains the same. Which one will give you a better return? Whether a plot, an apartment or a villa even if the location is same.
Given the demographics in Dubai today (and in the foreseeable future),I would go for studios, 1BR or 2BR apartments (nothing larger) and small villas with a "Western" layout (not the large 5BR ones). The supply side that is in the market (and will come into the market) is heavily skewed to large units, while the need is for small units.

P

pinnacle1

Dubai property mess

It amazes me that the Dubai government are sitting back and watching the real estate market and Dubais credability collapsing around them.
It will get to a stage, if it hasn't already, where investers will not touch Dubai as the property market is to volatile and the developers cannot be trusted.
I certainly would never invest in Dubai again, and certainly would not recommend it as a place to buy.

F

fiona123

I can understand those who have already invested in Dubai, and those with businesses dependent upon Dubai property, trying to be positive and "talk up" the situation. but I really do not understand why there would still be folks out there actually looking to invest in Dubai. Goodness knows where the buyers are going to come from for the properties already being built or being put on hold. Even if the prices have hit the bottom surely only those who have a big enough portfolio to take the risk of losing all can seriously think of investing. Ghost towns- surely they are within Dubai already? The sheer scale of all the building works cannot be comprehended without seeing it first hand- and even then its mind boggling.
I really sorry for all those caught up in this- I think a few years back, if we had had the money at the time, we might have bought and now been in a similar situation. It all looked a certain bet then...

Status
Not open for further replies.