Fuseta Ria

P

phil jones

Valuations

hi i have just received the very glossy presentation from the company who are going to manage the site. nothing about costs for owners nor timescales for sorting out utilities snd it looks like they will be in the room next to the pool so not sure about the bar/ cafe initially 'planned'
still not had our valuation nor completion date so after tomorrow there will be a 2 month penalty to deduct from( hopefully) the price we agreed less our deposit.
has anyone got their valuation done and if so has it come in o.k.?
My valuation came in just below purchase price with BBVA
See my previous posts.
Is the reference to 2 months penalty something which was contained in your promissory contract for failure to complete in time ?

Phil

L

lbro

yes phil - our contract atated completion by 28th feb. 2010. do i need to go through the links on the presentation to get costs because i have not done that yet and have asked for a breakdown. i have no intention of buying any furniture pack as i have chosen our furniture and am having shipped over.
i am with bbva but they have not done our valuation yet to our knowledge- i am fed up of asking
our solicitor stated he could do our utilities but we would be paing for his officer to sit & wait in the apartment!
has anyone enquired direct to the utilities companies- i will look on line later and see what i can find.
will survive if valuation is just below original price but have had nightmares re trying to find lots of euros for any shortfall
will look ast presentation again and go through the links

G

Gibbo147

In Fuzeta Now

If anyone is also in Fuzeta area over the next couple of days we would like to meet up our mobile is 916983827.

Suggest approx 11o'clock Friday the 7th May at the cafe on the the "front" I think blue and yellow tables and chairs.

We are very frustrated at this stage we have had a valuation which is OK, we want to snag told it willm be after we buy, intent to hold a retention back if this ius the case to ensure any work is done.

Property look s great but no habitation licence yet that seems to be the biggest problem.

We are getting our solictor to sort our untilities.

Hope to get some replies and have a meeting.

Over and out P and R

B

bj_bazza

Hi,

We visited the site on Saturday and Sunday. Here are the observations:

1) The town houses have grass in the gardens and there are sprinkler points fitted.
2) The apartments look finished and were being cleaned on Friday
3) The steps to the town house roof terraces are not in place (we got a ladder up!!)
4) the jacuzzi's on the roof have been wired in right in the middle of the terrace which means the privacy wall does not cover the area and it restricts the space usage of the terrace. We are not happy with this and will be raising it with LL
5) The pool is now lined but the cafe/bar has no evidence of being progressed.
6) The beach was decimated by the rough weather over the winter and there is now a clear channel through the middle. The landing stage for the ferry and restaurant were destroyed. All the houses are being demolished as they were illegal. Apparently they are reconstructing the dock, eating place and facilities for the summer.
7) Planting and landscaping going in as we were on site. All pavements and roads complete.
8) We cannot see completion before end of May at earliest ( email from PL today confirmed that next month is likely) Have not had time to see if this incurs penalties.
9) We are not renting ours out so furnishings will be shipped or bought locally. Not happy using the snagging company recommended by LL as I think it needs to be independent and v. thorough. Trying to find a local company. Will share if we find one and also appreciate others thoughts on this.
10) We have scrapped plans to go over in late May and will now wait until we are ready to complete. There seems no urgency from developer and whilst PL are chasing for closing funds I will wait until we have confirmed completion date before we make any more moves.
11) There is another development going up the other side of the railway line as you go towards the village called Del Mar Village with a big crane spoiling the view in that direction
12) we have photos but can't work out how to post them. Let us have your email address and what aspects you are interested in and we will send them.

Look forward to seeing you all in June!!!

T

Teflon

Hi,

1) The town houses have grass in the gardens and there are sprinkler points fitted.
3) The steps to the town house roof terraces are not in place (we got a ladder up!!)
4) the jacuzzi's on the roof have been wired in right in the middle of the terrace which means the privacy wall does not cover the area and it restricts the space usage of the terrace. We are not happy with this and will be raising it with LL
6) The beach was decimated by the rough weather over the winter and there is now a clear channel through the middle. The landing stage for the ferry and restaurant were destroyed. All the houses are being demolished as they were illegal. Apparently they are reconstructing the dock, eating place and facilities for the summer.
7) Planting and landscaping going in as we were on site. All pavements and roads complete.
8) We cannot see completion before end of May at earliest ( email from PL today confirmed that next month is likely) Have not had time to see if this incurs penalties.
9) We are not renting ours out so furnishings will be shipped or bought locally. Not happy using the snagging company recommended by LL as I think it needs to be independent and v. thorough. Trying to find a local company. Will share if we find one and also appreciate others thoughts on this.
10) We have scrapped plans to go over in late May and will now wait until we are ready to complete. There seems no urgency from developer and whilst PL are chasing for closing funds I will wait until we have confirmed completion date before we make any more moves.
11) There is another development going up the other side of the railway line as you go towards the village called Del Mar Village with a big crane spoiling the view in that direction
12) we have photos but can't work out how to post them. Let us have your email address and what aspects you are interested in and we will send them.

Thanks bazza

I have a house on the development and will be going down soon to snag myself as well as have the company do it, that way I have a starting point to work from.

Really appreciate the update, obviously some good news and some not so good. The stairs to the roof terrace, did they say when these would be completed?

Thats not good news for the jacuzzi, I am happy to complain as well as the whole point was to have it in the corner behind the privacy wall.

When you say the beach are you talking about the beach you can walk to or the baha, the one after you have crossed? When you say a channel through the middle what do you mean?

The cafe/bar looks like it will happen when someone works out if it is viable. No commitment from the developer and the cafe/bar being opened is not part of the agreement.

We are going down for the first week of June so am expecting it to be completed by then, well damn well hoping it will be.

If you could email any pictures you have of the houses, the pool and gardens as well as the beach that would be great. You can mail them to my wife's email address [email protected]

Once again thanks for the update. Look forward ot meeting you in June!

Thanks
Craig

S

symon

hi all,

Thanks for all the updates!!

We have just returned from a few days stay out there. If anybody is thinking of going and needs a hotel we stayed at the Cabanas Park and it was the perfect base for us!

We had similar observations as everybody else there still appeared to be work left on the villas however apartments seemed to be complete ours was being cleaned when we were on site!

We are not happy with the finish on our garden (we are ground floor)! LL has tiled only 1/5 of it leaving the rest as construction rubble? When we questioned what was happening to it we were told that was the finish and it was up to us what to do with it next and offered to obtain a quote for us to turf it?? We thought this was unacceptable and have raised it with our solicitor as the contract says they must landscape it!! This should be no extra cost to the buyer. I saw some of the villas gardens have been turfed I hope you did not have to pay for this?? We are also not happy with the sink they have put a white plastic sink in instead of stainless steel to match the rest of the kitchen? Is this the same in your villas??

We are not happy about paying out more money for snagging; we are going to do this ourselves!!

We have ordered all our furniture to be delivered in first week of June so it better be ready by then!! If anybody is still looking, we ordered most of our things from Moviflor on the N125 there are a few goods shops here!!

In regards to the contract I’m assuming our timescales is the same as everybody else’s! Ours was signed on 4th Dec 07 and within it the developer has 30 months to handover the property to the buyer or else he has to pay a 0.5% penalty of the purchase price for every month this over runs. So this means they have until 4th June 2010, I’m wondering why others are quoting end of Feb 2010??

We have paid our solicitor fees although reluctant to do so, but we do not want anybody to use any more delaying excuses!! We have a mortgage offer in place with MBCP just waiting for paperwork to sign. So I think we are ready to go, everything else is in other peoples hand now so fingers crossed!

On the plus side I think the development looks really good and will pay off in the long term not sure about rental potential as there seems to be so much competition. It is also not a great attraction if the pool side bar is redundant!!

Anyway fingers crossed everyone and look forward to meeting you all!!

Si

Follow this link to see my snaps!!

http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae275/symon67/Portugal/

B

bj_bazza

Hi,

we did not see anybody on site other than foreman who did not speak English so no info on when terrace will be in place.

We have emailed Paulo regarding jacuzzi position, and suggest that you do same if you feel same way.

The beach is the one on the island. See photos we have emailed to you.

We have not paid for any extra's and I get the sense that LL will be very reluctant to agree variations. Lawns are laid as per original spec.

There is a very good DIY store (AKI) in Faro with a Radio Populaire that we have had recommended for white and brown goods.

Has anybody not going for a furniture package identified a supplier of curtains and blinds who will also install?

Cheers.

Thanks bazza

I have a house on the development and will be going down soon to snag myself as well as have the company do it, that way I have a starting point to work from.

Really appreciate the update, obviously some good news and some not so good. The stairs to the roof terrace, did they say when these would be completed?

Thats not good news for the jacuzzi, I am happy to complain as well as the whole point was to have it in the corner behind the privacy wall.

When you say the beach are you talking about the beach you can walk to or the baha, the one after you have crossed? When you say a channel through the middle what do you mean?

The cafe/bar looks like it will happen when someone works out if it is viable. No commitment from the developer and the cafe/bar being opened is not part of the agreement.

We are going down for the first week of June so am expecting it to be completed by then, well damn well hoping it will be.

If you could email any pictures you have of the houses, the pool and gardens as well as the beach that would be great. You can mail them to my wife's email address [email protected]

Once again thanks for the update. Look forward ot meeting you in June!

Thanks
Craig

G

Gibbo147

Info for all Blinds and others

Bazza

A guy from Brum who lives in the Algarve is good for blinds Denny 351932894709.

Leroy Merlin Algarve shopping Guia is a very good DIY plus more, Radio Popular can supply Balay Fridge/Freezers etc.

Frontera who are just off the 125 about 1 mile from Fuzeta look pretty good for lots of furniture which is mostly from the UK so fire regs etc are up to speed.

A dongle for €40 no contract works very well from Kanguru in our lap top with costs of €1 per hour with easy stop and start so €10 is lasting us about 20 days but we don't download films and music we use it for emails and the odd web search.

Gibbo

V

Vie 10

Hi Vie 10
My mortgage with BBVA
P
Hi Phil

My alert links are simply not working so I have only just seen these recent posts.

Do you have a contact at BBVA please? Millennium after month's of messing about have just offered me a 50% mortgage - very unhappy with their service!

So won't be over this month as need to progress a new lender PDQ!

If you prefer to email me - try :
[email protected]

Many thanks

P

V

Vie 10

Hi,

Hi BJ

Thanks for the update - I am buying one of the townhouses - mortgage lenders permitting. I would be very interested in the latest pictures so can you try and email pics to me at

[email protected]

I had been hoping to get over this month but as my mortgage lender has just bombed me out with a 50% offer - I think it's my property investing rather than the development which has cuased this pain! - I am having to concentrate on finding a better lender. Any suggestions willingly accepted.

I got the impression from Algarve Ria that they may be sorting the cafe bar? That said - I can't see how it will really pay for itself - a bit of a mess up by the developer I would have thought?

Good luck and hopefully see you soon

P

B

bj_bazza

Hi,

I will try and send you some photos.

We are with Millenium and they have offered us a 75% LTV which for us is fine. I can see that 50% would be a headache.

I will be amazed if the cafe bar does open as it would only be viable for a few weeks if the year, but lets hope it does as it will add to the value of the properties.

We are mot planning to go down now until late June or July but hope to complete certainly by mid June.

Hi BJ

Thanks for the update - I am buying one of the townhouses - mortgage lenders permitting. I would be very interested in the latest pictures so can you try and email pics to me at

[email protected]

I had been hoping to get over this month but as my mortgage lender has just bombed me out with a 50% offer - I think it's my property investing rather than the development which has cuased this pain! - I am having to concentrate on finding a better lender. Any suggestions willingly accepted.

I got the impression from Algarve Ria that they may be sorting the cafe bar? That said - I can't see how it will really pay for itself - a bit of a mess up by the developer I would have thought?

Good luck and hopefully see you soon

P

V

Vie 10

Hi,

I will try and send you some photos.

We are with Millenium and they have offered us a 75% LTV which for us is fine. I can see that 50% would be a headache.

I will be amazed if the cafe bar does open as it would only be viable for a few weeks if the year, but lets hope it does as it will add to the value of the properties.

We are mot planning to go down now until late June or July but hope to complete certainly by mid June.
Thanks BJ - much appreciated - will look out for the email.

I am trying for other lenders so will hopefully see you at some stage very soon!

Cheers

P

T

Teflon

Nearly there....?!?!?

Hi Guys,
I have just heard that the habitation license will be granted in a matter of days, or so I am told. Anyone else heard this news?

The snagging on my townhouse was not completed last week due to it not been clean......apparently this week so will let everyone know.
Does anyone know if the stairs to the roof terrace are now in place?
I will be going down at some stage before completion so will take pics etc.

As for the Cafe this will not be viable. One idea is to have a cafe serving drinks (alcohol) salads and sandwiches only so no great investment needed in equipment and is open for only peak times of the year. This can be subsidised by the owners of the property. For those renting out it can be added back onto the rental cost and for those using it for personal use it would be an added advantage.

Costs would be low but benefits would be high. Any views?

Who is using what for broadband access?
Who wants to get access to sat TV?

Would welcome any ideas on the above.

Here's to a summer in Fuseta.....

Craig

A

andy cap

Hi everyone,
I have just received the presentation document re Management and Snagging.
Suggests that snagging will take place on Monday 10th May.
They want 450 euros + vat to do this together with a spring clean.
Furtniture packs obviously do that for you any way !
They also suggest they will sort out utilities connecrtion, but this does not include the connection fees !!!
I am over there from 8th to 12th so may join the snagging party personally !!!
Not ruling out using the on-site management co for rentals, but are we not already paying the developer 500 euros per year service charge for the maintenance of pool restaurant and common areas, seems there could be a double whammy if we are not careful.
One of the terms of joining the management scheme seems also to be pushing towards standardising the furniture and equipment, is this then going to mean we have to be forced to choose a particular furniture pack provider !!
Anyone else any thoughts on this ?
We have already instructed our solicitor to deal with the utilities connection in any event.

Phil
is anyone using Algarve Ria for snagging and utilities??
my solicitor is asking for 400 euros plus vat for utilities connection alone (this does include connection fees of approx 70 euros)
given this service includes snagging and a clean (which will be done again by furnishing company) it doesnt seem unreasonable
would be interested to hear feedback if anyone has employed AR's services
Regards
AC

B

bj_bazza

We have not heard anything regarding snagging or habitation licence dates.
I would prefer to use an independent company to do the snagging but finding it hard to souce one from here in the UK. Is anybody else doing this?
The cafe is clearly going to be an issue that will be tricky for the owners to resolve but I'm sure a peak season 6-8 weeks is all that could be justified.
Developer is now well into penalty charges and all we can hope for is a June completion so that we can occupy for July onwards.
Has anybody been down in last 2 weeks that can update on questions posed?

C

Cary

is anyone using Algarve Ria for snagging and utilities??
my solicitor is asking for 400 euros plus vat for utilities connection alone (this does include connection fees of approx 70 euros)
given this service includes snagging and a clean (which will be done again by furnishing company) it doesnt seem unreasonable
would be interested to hear feedback if anyone has employed AR's services
Regards
AC
Paid 696.79 to Algarve Ria for snagging, utilities, clean + broadband (choice of TV or not). Snagging has been done. Awaiting report. OK, so this is more expensive but inclusive of all connection costs/fees and no hastle! If you can't afford to spend hours of your time plus hotel money, it's a good, problem free solution.

P

pollitico

Habitation??

Hi Craig,

We got similar word to yourself that completion was due any day now. Apparently the latest delay was due to a papal visit!!!

No word since.

If anyone has contact details for 'snaggers and connection of utilities' we would be interested in what they have to offer.

We hope to spend quite a bit of time at the proiperty so are also interested in Sat TV if anyone has any suggestions. Not sure how it 'works' in Portugal.

We had raised cocerns over the lack of worktop space, and have been told that the developers are looking at some for of 'solution'. Will keep you all posted

Regards
P

Hi Guys,
I have just heard that the habitation license will be granted in a matter of days, or so I am told. Anyone else heard this news?

The snagging on my townhouse was not completed last week due to it not been clean......apparently this week so will let everyone know.
I will be going down at some stage before completi

Last edited:
T

Teflon

Hi P,
Well we are still waiting, have chased them again.

Looks like Carey is having broadband connected so it would be good to know how that goes.

Waiting to hear on the snagging, should have happened last Tuesday.

Let's see where we are tomorrow!

C

Hi Craig,

We got similar word to yourself that completion was due any day now. Apparently the latest delay was due to a papal visit!!!

No word since.

If anyone has contact details for 'snaggers and connection of utilities' we would be interested in what they have to offer.

We hope to spend quite a bit of time at the proiperty so are also interested in Sat TV if anyone has any suggestions. Not sure how it 'works' in Portugal.

We had raised cocerns over the lack of worktop space, and have been told that the developers are looking at some for of 'solution'. Will keep you all posted

Regards
P

Hi Guys,

I will be going down at some stage before completi

S

shw

habitation licence

Hi, has anyone got an update on the licences and when they are likely to be issued??

B

bj_bazza

I spoke to Paulo of LL today and he said that habitation license is due any day, this week, next week. All apparently is complete including stairs to villa roof terraces. Once that happens the developer will 'call for deeds' and then snagging can be arranged.
We have been told by our lawyers that developer will not honour penalty charges as 'it is the fault of the municipality'. We do not accept this and it would be good to know other owners that are 'due' a reduction for delayed handover so we can agree a common course of action should this 'threat' materialise.

Cheers.