buying the land in Canoa Quebrada

N

norrus

Hi,

Hi to all forum members. I`d like to appologize for my english (I am from Norway)
Ì`m in process to buy a lot in the Canoa Quebrada throw Braziliafrontbeach.net. I`m just wonderring whether somebody has purchased lots from them and your experience with this company

Thanks

S

shm

Canoa Quebrada-lots

Hi Norrus,

I am also debating buying a plot from the same company. I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has experience in dealing with the company.

I intend to get an independent lawyer from the one they recommend to perform the due diligence on the land as the company itself seems a little shady to me (based on their webpage, not much info in the company, and I couldn't find anything about them on a web search).

You are aware the properties currently have no electricity, water or sewerage right? They predict Sept 2007 for electricity but I know Brazil (have worked there on and off over 2 years in the water sector) and you can add one or two years onto that time in my experience. If you are not planning on doing anything with the land immediately, as I am not, it should be no problem.

What I lilke about the property is that the area Canoa Quebrada is very popular-it is promoted a lot in Fortaleza among tourist agencies and the last time I was in Brazil, my Brazilian friends told me it was a beach I had to go to (but I did not go personally). This property is 3 km away from the main town which could be a benefit or a disadvantage. In any case, I do expect the land to appreciate in value, at least hope so!

M

maurice63

canoa

Hi Norrus,

I am also debating buying a plot from the same company. I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has experience in dealing with the company.

I intend to get an independent lawyer from the one they recommend to perform the due diligence on the land as the company itself seems a little shady to me (based on their webpage, not much info in the company, and I couldn't find anything about them on a web search).

You are aware the properties currently have no electricity, water or sewerage right? They predict Sept 2007 for electricity but I know Brazil (have worked there on and off over 2 years in the water sector) and you can add one or two years onto that time in my experience. If you are not planning on doing anything with the land immediately, as I am not, it should be no problem.

What I lilke about the property is that the area Canoa Quebrada is very popular-it is promoted a lot in Fortaleza among tourist agencies and the last time I was in Brazil, my Brazilian friends told me it was a beach I had to go to (but I did not go personally). This property is 3 km away from the main town which could be a benefit or a disadvantage. In any case, I do expect the land to appreciate in value, at least hope so!

The web page may not be the best but that does not mean they are shady.
I have bought 300 lots and a large peice of land from these guys in the last 6 months and can tell you they are not shady.

These guys have the best contacts in Ceara and know what they are doing.
They have saved us money on build costs and helped us with all issues regarding Licences.

10 out of 10 for these guys......

O

olicombet

hey maurice
are you not linked with those guys or part of them?

P

pato

Im thinking of buying some plots have you had any more update have you been out to see the plots also i heard that they are building a golf course nearby any body heard that one

M

maurice63

canoa

hey maurice
are you not linked with those guys or part of them?
I have been linked to them for 6 months because as i said i have bought many
lots from them over the last 6 months and can confirm that they are honest and straight forward business people. I am not part of them only a client.

A

andyk2

Hi Maurice,

what is your proposed exit strategy on these? This is a serious question as i have a friend (not me) looking at investing in this project. Also heard that there is an option in place to build. Is that right?

Thanks

Andy

N

nickmarr

If your worried by investing in overseas property maybe you should consider a International Developers information Pack

N

nickmarr

Canoa Quebrada seems a great place to invest in Brazil Real estate land prices are low and near to Cumbuco. Three years ago we sold off plan beachfront property in Cumbuco to investors and now find that they have more than doubled in price. You can find more information about Canoa Quebrada search canoa quebrada land for sale at Google

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
If your worried by investing in overseas property maybe you should consider a International Developers information Pack
Hi Nick,

Isn't the International Developers information Pack just the due diligence that your lawyer should carry out on your behalf anyway when purchasing a property?

Regards,
Rob.

N

nickmarr

Hi Nick,

Isn't the International Developers information Pack just the due diligence that your lawyer should carry out on your behalf anyway when purchasing a property?

Regards,
Rob.
IDIP a new safe guard which allows you to see financial reports,
legal documentation & ownership details of the developer and development before you make that decision to invest.

Overseas property investors are using them before they part with their money in over 50 locations worldwide. Some developers are taking them out to stand out from the others whilst some agents are committing to having all their developments under go the legal health check by IDIP.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
IDIP a new safe guard which allows you to see financial reports,
legal documentation & ownership details of the developer and development before you make that decision to invest.

Overseas property investors are using them before they part with their money in over 50 locations worldwide. Some developers are taking them out to stand out from the others whilst some agents are committing to having all their developments under go the legal health check by IDIP.
Does this mean that the lawyers will then give a legal opinion on the developer and the development? Also what recourse does a client have if the report is incorrect and the client loses their money?

I am asking this because I have had clients ask about these, but we wouldn't use them as we usually go and see the developments ourselves, meet the developers and then get our lawyers to check things out for us.

N

nickmarr

IDIP-International Developers Informationa Packs

This product is managed by Live Organisation an appointed representative of First Title Insurance plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. First Title Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of The First American Corporation, they not only have the backing of the world's largest provider of business information, but over 115 years experience in property matters.

The lawyers conducting your IDIP are carefully vetted to ensure they have:

Knowledge of the local market
Extensive conveyancing experience
Excellent client references
Competitive rates
A personal approach backed up with high customer service standards
A UK presence
Online tracking service technology

N

nickmarr

See my post 'Buyers it seems don't trust overseas developers' it has caused much debate.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I think your website answered my questions:

"The lawyers will give a full report on their findings but will not pass judgement on any of the documentation provided nor will they give their opinion on the developer."

B

beenthere

Hi Maurice,

what is your proposed exit strategy on these? This is a serious question as i have a friend (not me) looking at investing in this project. Also heard that there is an option in place to build. Is that right?

Thanks

Andy[/QUOTE/]

Riviera Canoa Quebrada

The plots start at 25K$R for around 450m2. Permission to build 35% density on all plots. 1 First line beach plot available for 136K$R for 1600m2, the remaining plots are second line beach (approx 50 m to the beach). Most plots have stunning sea view due to the elevation of the land. Special offers for buying multiple plots aswell.

PM for more information.
How can you have all the licences in place when you need to submit a building plan first.

N

nickmarr

Hi your exit plan will be to sell either to locals of overseas investors. Are you sure your friend is getting the best deal. Make sure they are not paying the agents commission on the land price, find an agent that is working directly with the developer and has the best available plots. Not all beachfront land is equal.If they have concerns re due dilegence consider an IDIP or ask the developer to take one out
More on IDIP

Canoa Quebrada is set to be a great place to buy land much like Cumbuco a few years ago

N

nigelallen

How can you have all the licences in place when you need to submit a building plan first.
Just a note of caution when buying beach front land, in the area i work the rules change like the weather in England,
I will give you an example, an Italian guy bought a plot of land bordering the sea, the plot was 60m along the sea and 100m deep, the land cost a fair bit of money, he had a certificate saying he could build up to 40% on the land but the first 30m from the high tide inland he could not build anything, i think that is the case along all the coast in Brazil, it belongs to the Navy, after he bought this land and even though he had a certificate saying what % he could build, they changed the law, and now you cannot build up to 100m from high tide,
the trouble is what ever certificate he had before is void so in other words the land he has bought is worthless.
I could give you lots of other examples how people have lost money, Perhaps if anyone is buying land you should get written in a contract, if for any reason permission to build is not granted you will get your money back, Just a few thoughts as i have seen this with my own eyes, another example of new rules is, land ,(in the area where i am working) now needs a botanist to check the site if any rare plants etc., he will stop any construction, also another rule came in 6 weeks ago, every building plot needs a deforestation certificate
weather their are trees on the plot or not, more government involvement, and they can overturn any permission given to you from any local councils, it can be a mine field, just be aware.
Cheers
Nigel

A

ady1231

Hi,

Hi to all forum members. I`d like to appologize for my english (I am from Norway)
Ì`m in process to buy a lot in the Canoa Quebrada throw Braziliafrontbeach.net. I`m just wonderring whether somebody has purchased lots from them and your experience with this company

Thanks
Hi;

So did you buy the land? I am looking in ceara as well, in flexias beach, coconut groove development.

Let me know How much are they asking, to compare it

J

JMBroad

Hi your exit plan will be to sell either to locals of overseas investors. Are you sure your friend is getting the best deal. Make sure they are not paying the agents commission on the land price, find an agent that is working directly with the developer and has the best available plots. Not all beachfront land is equal.If they have concerns re due dilegence consider an IDIP or ask the developer to take one out
More on IDIP

Canoa Quebrada is set to be a great place to buy land much like Cumbuco a few years ago
So I'm assuming you have an IDIP on this development in Canoa? Which development exactly is this in Canoa? The one with legal issues which is bigger than Monaco yet pretends to be small and exclusive or the one on the other side of Canoa without licenses? Either way - it has a building license? Or it is classified as residential land which basically just means you can build on it subject to approval of your architects drawings and plans?

Sorry for the sarcasm but I find it a bit ironic that the person advocating that IDIP's are the safest way to invest is (indeed in your initial post about it you infer that investing without an IDIP is risky, therefore IDIP's are the only safe way to invest),with the same breath, promoting a development which appears to be falsely advertised?

Last edited: