Which South East Asian city is best to invest in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soho

I like some ideas on which country in south east asia is the best investment area, any ideas?

M

Mirage

Mumbai is looking like a good option over the long term, with growing economy and growing middle classes demand for medium range properties is looking very good, the next decade should be quite positive, there are some projects out these which are very affordable and come with rental guarantees. We have some available in our agency if you interested.

N

nigel1962

I like some ideas on which country in south east asia is the best investment area, any idea.

my wife is from phillipines and she has noticed prices starting to climb there.
my wife is from cebu and you can buy a nice 3 bed house for £20000 to £30000 depending on location.
the downside is there are not many flights from the UK and most involve a connection.

B

billaaa777

Pattaya Thailand

I am making a killing in Pattaya Thailand. The market is booming and there is no other city in the world like it. You should come over and check it out, at the very least you will have the best vacation you have ever had.

R

rastlin

Why not take alook @ Singapore. Property prices had been breaking new highs & couple with the sound government policy, stable political enviroment, low crime rate, influx of new immigrants & young professional & the new integrated resorts coming up, the price have no other place to move except UP.

Have a piece of the pie before all being snap up.

C

cin7166

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Not sure if I've done the right thing or not but I have just invested in Kuala Lumpur.
I want to stay away from the holiday rental market as I have a villa in Turkey and although it was never really bought for an investment but for my own use for holidays, I am finding due to work etc I don't get to use it as much as I would like and have been trying to rent it out and it's proving very difficult! Even my family are not interested in using it for free! My friends with kids say they prefer going on holiday to Spain! So this time I've chosen a destination which will hopefully be easy to rent long term.

G

geordie

I totally agree with Rastlin, it is Singapore by a mile. It is a massive financial centre and is the Hedge Fund capital of the world - a solid basis for any investment. It is also benfiting for being close to, but not part of, China.

Geordie

R

rastlin

Prices will raise again towards end of the year..

W

wharfie

phoenix grove pattaya

I am making a killing in Pattaya Thailand. The market is booming and there is no other city in the world like it. You should come over and check it out, at the very least you will have the best vacation you have ever had.
hi! i have just paid 24k 4 a2 bed linked bungalow,completed dec. will get 10% income 4 2 yrs. been there once and loved it. its good 2 hear ur doing well...any info?
wharfie

N

NYANG1234

India's market is Booming" with lots of development including transport links etc.

S

Simon Lim

What about Cambodia?

Hi all,

I'm going to be visiting a few countries in South East Asia later in the year, and spending most of the time in Cambodia.

I read somewhere that capital appreciation is about 25% year on year in Cambodia, and from what I've heard it does seem like the turmoil of the past is settling down.

I would have thought Vietnam would be in a similar position, but not really sure.

What are people's thoughts on Cambodia and Vietnam?

Thanks,

Simon

B

bloss

i think the philippines is the best place. real estate is rapidly growing in the country & demands for houses are increasing. buying properties at this time is advised since amount appreciates every year. also a lot of tourist goes to this place since the city & beaches are breathtaking...i should know because i stay here & invest here.

R

Robert Gavin

In order to best investment

Malaysia > india > Vietnam

Singapore - way overpriced property is around 20 x annual income!
China - Hard financing options

malaysia has less developed laws and banking than SIN but much more room for growth and far higher rental yields.

E

ExpatNick

Wharfie,

Just curious, but what's your legal status in Thailand? And under what land ownership terms did you buy the bungalow?

ExpatNick.

P

pectin232

I think in order to purchase landed property like Bungalow. You need to have a wife who is a Thai.... as my colleague is married to one told me. I might be wrong. Unless there are some ways like business investment, etc...

erikko

erikko

i can say Davao in the Philippines (that's if you want a food processing business)

S

Shamrock

Hi,
I'm looking to invest in an off plan development called Forest View in Pattaya. Has anyone else looked at this site or bought off plan in the area. Prices are cheap so not huge risk but I would wellcome any responses.
Thanks

eyeC

eyeC

penang malaysia, or pulau langkawi also in malaysia

India is good but i dont think foreign investors can own property at this time

china makau great location for investors

A

ariecol

In order to best investment

Malaysia > india > Vietnam

Singapore - way overpriced property is around 20 x annual income!
China - Hard financing options

malaysia has less developed laws and banking than SIN but much more room for growth and far higher rental yields.
care to discuss why your preference to malaysia?
i would like to see things from different perspective.

pls

Status
Not open for further replies.