Jewel in the Crown

H

hmadfai

Hi,
I am interested in meeting others who have bought in the Jewel in the Crown resort to compare notes etc. ?

I was last in Hurghada in September and progress on the site was slow compared to March 2008 when I first saw the resort, but I understand that the project is nearing completion now and I am interested in updates on that front.

If anyone's interested I can upload the pics from Sep. but if anybody has more recent pictures/updates I would be grateful if these could be posted in this thread.

Hasan

sparky996

sparky996

Hello Hasan,
I just came across this website and noticed that you own property at the Jewel in the crown complex in Hurghada. I too have an apartment there, and shall be going there at the beginning of December 2009. I look foreward to hearing from you.
Best regards
Graham (sparky996)

H

hmadfai

Dear Graham,
Thanks for responding to the post. I have met the owners of two other properties in the Jewel and I think that we are now at a stage where we need to establish an owners' association - you know, a united front for owners in dealing with common issues (such as the management of the site) and work towards raising the profile of the complex. What do you think?

I will be in Hurghada around the second week of Dec. too - it would be great to meet up there.

Kind regards,

Hasan

T

thelfamily

Dear Graham,
Thanks for responding to the post. I have met the owners of two other properties in the Jewel and I think that we are now at a stage where we need to establish an owners' association - you know, a united front for owners in dealing with common issues (such as the management of the site) and work towards raising the profile of the complex. What do you think?

I will be in Hurghada around the second week of Dec. too - it would be great to meet up there.

Kind regards,

Hasan
Good luck on setting up an owners association. Residents at the Iraida Oasis resorts have tried doing that and some have been successful with large numbers in their groups. BUT, it counts for nothing if the developer just carries on regardless of their needs and requests. Good luck though, your developer may be diferent and more flexible to what you want or had originally been promisesd!

sparky996

sparky996

Hi again Hasan, :hello:
Thank you for your reply.
We will be in Hurghada from 3rd - 14th December. I have had a lot of quality problems with the developer (Egyptian British Real Estate) in Hurghada. I have not yet taken procession of my apartment, I have tried to get lots of poor workmanship problems put right, but only a few have been put right. I guess I will just have to accept it as it is. I paid for my apartment 2 years ago. As I do not have the keys to my apartment yet, we will be staying at the Intercontinental hotel this trip.
YES, your idea of an owners association is an excellent one , I would certainly be in it.
I know 2 people that have bought in the same block as mine, I will let them know of this website, and a possible owners association.
Did / do you have any problems with your apartment :questionmark:

I have attached a photo of my apartment, its top floor on the right hand side.

Best regards
Graham.

Attachments

sparky996

sparky996

Hi Hasan,
YES, sure it would be great to meet up in Hurghada :)

Graham.

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Egyptian British have a bad name in Hurghada. I know of at least four owners who are in the process of suing them (one of their directors in particular) through the courts in Hurghada for poor workmanship and failure to complete contracts.

Last edited:
H

hmadfai

Good luck on setting up an owners association. Residents at the Iraida Oasis resorts have tried doing that and some have been successful with large numbers in their groups. BUT, it counts for nothing if the developer just carries on regardless of their needs and requests. Good luck though, your developer may be diferent and more flexible to what you want or had originally been promisesd!
Hi Thelfamily and thanks for your response. I do not anticipate setting up the owners assoc developing the constitution etc to be an easy ride - but we have to try :banghead:

I see your point however through local legal advice I was assured that in a freehold setup (such as in Hurghada) the owners have the right to seek alternative site management arrangements when unsatisfied with the service they are receiving. Notwithstanding, I am indeed hoping that our developers would continue to prove that they are better than the many cowboys in Hurghada.

H

hmadfai

Egyptian British have a bad name in Hurghada. I know of at least four owners who are in the process of suing them (one man in particular) through the courts in Hurghada for poor workmanship and failure to complete contracts.
Thanks for the reply J&K.
Unfortunately I am UK based and have only a few connections in Hurghada hence I have very little information about what is going on there. I was asked to mediate in a dispute when I was in Hurghada last August but know nothing apart from that - this particular case was resolved peacefully :wow:

If any of the cases you mention are in the Jewel in the Crown site please could you provide me with amore information about these cases (via pm if you wish)?

In my experience, a united residents association can usually achieve more than individual residents in cases of dispute hence my attempt to set one up for the site.

Cheers,

Hasan

H

hmadfai

Sparky996,
Thanks for your reply.
We plan to be there on the 11th and it would be great to meet up to discuss the owners assoc and compare notes. I have 'borrowed' a draft constitution from an existing development and if everybody's happy to use it as a base then we don't have to start from scratch. Will send you more details in a private message.

Poor workmanship has indeed been a problem with my flat: The Kitchen was not the one we have chosen (some cupboards had broken doors and a few were bottomless),walls were painted the wrong colours, wrong ceramic tiles, the toilet is not fitted straight, missing furniture, damaged sofa - the list goes on. :banghead: Furthermore, the development of the site has been frustratingly slow.

However two close friends of mine had very serious problems with PHW and their RT apartments so, in perspective, the issues with my flat are minor. I have given the developer a snag list and the site manager now assures me that many of the issues have been dealt with.

I attach a couple photos that I took last August - I think that our flats are on the same side of the pool.

Kind regards,

Hasan

Attachments

sparky996

sparky996

The Jewel

Sparky996,
Thanks for your reply.
We plan to be there on the 11th and it would be great to meet up to discuss the owners assoc and compare notes. I have 'borrowed' a draft constitution from an existing development and if everybody's happy to use it as a base then we don't have to start from scratch. Will send you more details in a private message.

Poor workmanship has indeed been a problem with my flat: The Kitchen was not the one we have chosen (some cupboards had broken doors and a few were bottomless),walls were painted the wrong colours, wrong ceramic tiles, the toilet is not fitted straight, missing furniture, damaged sofa - the list goes on. :banghead: Furthermore, the development of the site has been frustratingly slow.

However two close friends of mine had very serious problems with PHW and their RT apartments so, in perspective, the issues with my flat are minor. I have given the developer a snag list and the site manager now assures me that many of the issues have been dealt with.

I attach a couple photos that I took last August - I think that our flats are on the same side of the pool.

Kind regards,

Hasan
Hi Hasan, :wavey:
Yes im sure we can arrange a meeting somewhere in Hurghada. It seems we are all having simular problems with our apartments.
The block where my apartment is, if you are at the top of the site and looking down the hill to the entrance my block is the one at the top of the hill and on the right hand side (ie the pool is on the left side of my apartment).
I have attached some very old photos taken from my apartment looking down at the pool. I have tried to insert my email address, but it won't let me, if I had your email address then we could arrange a meeting place and time.

Very best regards
Graham.

Attachments

sparky996

sparky996

EB problems

Egyptian British have a bad name in Hurghada. I know of at least four owners who are in the process of suing them (one of their directors in particular) through the courts in Hurghada for poor workmanship and failure to complete contracts.
Hi J&K,
I guess you know of Egyptian British from people you know ?. I know of another person that had many problems with an apartment bought from them, their apartment was not at the Jewel complex though. I will be in Hurghada in 1 weeks time, I really am not sure if to just accept the apartment or keep trying to get it put right, I bought my apartment nearly 2 years ago, and I still have not signed to say I accept it.

Best regards
Graham.

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Hi J&K,
I guess you know of Egyptian British from people you know ?. I know of another person that had many problems with an apartment bought from them, their apartment was not at the Jewel complex though. I will be in Hurghada in 1 weeks time, I really am not sure if to just accept the apartment or keep trying to get it put right, I bought my apartment nearly 2 years ago, and I still have not signed to say I accept it.

Best regards
Graham.
Indeed Graham, mainly in the Mubarak7 area European Villages. They don't like you taking photographs of the area, the security keep ushering you around and telling you "no photo". I can honestly say that EV1 has not moved anything like significantly since March of this year. It is rumoured that a director of EB takes the money from one project, starts work then uses the balance to fund other projects, leaving the original project hanging.......but as I said, "just a rumour"

sparky996

sparky996

EB

Indeed Graham, mainly in the Mubarak7 area European Villages. They don't like you taking photographs of the area, the security keep ushering you around and telling you "no photo". I can honestly say that EV1 has not moved anything like significantly since March of this year. It is rumoured that a director of EB takes the money from one project, starts work then uses the balance to fund other projects, leaving the original project hanging.......but as I said, "just a rumour"
Hi,
Now that I can totally believe, the Jewel in the crown project has been going for over 2 years, and its still not completed. I will find out how far along it is next week. I have a photo album on my profile, if you are interested.

Cheers
Graham.

H

hosamhadedy

Hi All, my name is Dr. John Pool, iam one of the buyers of the Egyptian British Company and frankly speaking I dont agree with this post with my full respect, I personaly think the Egy Bri Company is the best compant that works in this field in Hurghada...
they are very honnest, I bought three properties from them but not at the Jewel, and I really think that they are perfect, had some comments about the finishing quality but all sorted after I refered to them...

H

hmadfai

J&K

I have to say that as an investor I am uneasy about spreading rumours about developers with no real evidence to support the claims. I see the developer as a partner in my investment hence their reputation and level of service are pivotal in the rental and resale values of my property.

H

hmadfai

Hi Hasan, :wavey:
Yes im sure we can arrange a meeting somewhere in Hurghada. It seems we are all having simular problems with our apartments.
The block where my apartment is, if you are at the top of the site and looking down the hill to the entrance my block is the one at the top of the hill and on the right hand side (ie the pool is on the left side of my apartment).
I have attached some very old photos taken from my apartment looking down at the pool. I have tried to insert my email address, but it won't let me, if I had your email address then we could arrange a meeting place and time.

Very best regards
Graham.
Hi Graham,
Our apartments seem to be on opposite sides of the pool - sorry I got the locations wrong. Yours has a sea view, mine on the ground floor will have a terrace onto the swimming pool - to be built in due course.

Judging by your photos the site has progressed quite a bit since these pictures were taken.

... we are all having simular problems with our apartments
Indeed. But I think that what softened the blow in my case was what happened to my friends with PHW (have a look at the Regency Towers thread on this forum if you are unfamiliar with the case) because, in comparison, my problems are trivial. I almost bought a flat in RT if it wasn't for good fate and one good gentleman called PB who pointed me towards EB. In addition, when I was buying the Jewel property I was promised to expect the "highest level of finishing in Hurghada" however I was explicitly informed to not expect "European standard" finishing - so I don't feel 'cheated'.

The CEO of Egy Brit promised that he would address problems in the flat after the key exchange and he has so far kept his word, as I mentioned in my previous message.

Hasan

Last edited:
sparky996

sparky996

Our apartments

Hi Graham,
Our apartments seem to be on opposite sides of the pool - sorry I got the locations wrong. Yours has a sea view, mine on the ground floor will have a terrace onto the swimming pool - to be built in due course.

Judging by your photos the site has progressed quite a bit since these pictures were taken.

Indeed. But I think that what softened the blow in my case was what happened to my friends with PHW (have a look at the Regency Towers thread on this forum if you are unfamiliar with the case) because, in comparison, my problems are trivial. I almost bought a flat in RT if it wasn't for good fate and one good gentleman called PB who pointed me towards EB. In addition, when I was buying the Jewel property I was promised to expect the "highest level of finishing in Hurghada" however I was explicitly informed to not expect "European standard" finishing - so I don't feel 'cheated'.

The CEO of Egy Brit promised that he would address problems in the flat after the key exchange and he has so far kept his word, as I mentioned in my previous message.

Hasan
Hi Hasan, Yes my photos are from long ago (at least 1 year). The photos that you took look GREAT. Were they from August this year ?.
Have you got the keys to your apartment yet ?. If I acccept my one this trip then I should get my keys.
Yes it seems our apartments are opposite each other, I have a sea view from my balcony, and pool view from bedroom 2 and the kitchen. I notice that we are both in Hurghada at the same time for 3 days only.

Last edited:
El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned
Hi All, my name is Dr. John Pool, iam one of the buyers of the Egyptian British Company and frankly speaking I dont agree with this post with my full respect, I personaly think the Egy Bri Company is the best compant that works in this field in Hurghada...
they are very honnest, I bought three properties from them but not at the Jewel, and I really think that they are perfect, had some comments about the finishing quality but all sorted after I refered to them...
Just small question how is your Nick Name Hosam Hadedy which is 100% Egyptian name and your real name Dr. John Pool :)

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Just small question how is your Nick Name Hosam Hadedy which is 100% Egyptian name and your real name Dr. John Pool :)
Sounds to me he's "connected" :biggrin: You can certainly pick out the name of a director of EB from Hosamhadedy!!

Last edited: