Advice for best area in Turkey

P

plush

Hi Plush,
Can you give me Ali,s details as we are trying to sell a 2 bed duplex apart Hisaronu/Ovacik does he sell resales. :deal:
The email for Prime Properties is infoATprime-housesDOTcom
and the website is a similar name to this email address - as shown in their shop window. Activities Unlimited I think do resales - activitiesATiccltdDOTnet
Both can probably be found by using a Google search.

I dont know if Ali does resales as Ive only chatted to Ali socially as he is a friend of a friends and I had already bought my home from another developer by the time I met Ali.

I also understand that Ali did building work for a guy near us, who was a particular friend of Ali's as this guy and his family must have been one of the first Brits to start buying in the area many years ago. I believe the round tower added to their house which houses a staircase and the beautiful wooden summerhouse in their garden was Ali's work. Also that the large detatched house behind ours is build by Prime and that some of the small packets of land around our home are owned by them.

Wasn't trying to plug any particular developer, as there are several round the area. Ive never heard of anyone here not ending up owning the property they purchased when purchasing from a developer with a shop in Hisaronu.

tylerbabe

tylerbabe

The email for Prime Properties is infoATprime-housesDOTcom
and the website is a similar name to this email address - as shown in their shop window. Activities Unlimited I think do resales - activitiesATiccltdDOTnet
Both can probably be found by using a Google search.

I dont know if Ali does resales as Ive only chatted to Ali socially as he is a friend of a friends and I had already bought my home from another developer by the time I met Ali.

I also understand that Ali did building work for a guy near us, who was a particular friend of Ali's as this guy and his family must have been one of the first Brits to start buying in the area many years ago. I believe the round tower added to their house which houses a staircase and the beautiful wooden summerhouse in their garden was Ali's work. Also that the large detatched house behind ours is build by Prime and that some of the small packets of land around our home are owned by them.

Wasn't trying to plug any particular developer, as there are several round the area. Ive never heard of anyone here not ending up owning the property they purchased when purchasing from a developer with a shop in Hisaronu.
Ok cheers for that but I think Prime properties do not do Hanel resales :tomato:

P

plush

Ok cheers for that but I think Prime properties do not do Hanel resales :tomato:
I dont really dont know if Prime do re-sales

And I guess from what I know about Hanel that they only market their own new builds.

Activities Unlimited, Im guessing, dont appear to build new homes, but just sell re-sales as I remember a lot of re-sales in their shop window and I'm sure that the semi directly behind behind our house was re-sold by them a couple of years ago as we used to chat to the English lady who was working or owned Activities and we spoke to her again as she turned up one day at this property, in the garden, and was showing people around.

When we bought our home 4 years ago there was a lot of building going on and all the British tourists were buying. Now a lot of the Brits are trying unsuccessfully to sell and there is still a sprinkling of new building taking place. House prices have stayed about the same. I dont think buying a home in Turkey is for money making, it should be viewed as a purchase to enjoy. Having a Turkish bank account has been more of a money maker, but the interest rate has just gone down to 8% before tax.

Im not really clued up on what all the builders are doing as we arent really involved anymore as we're just enjoying our Turkish home. Im more into having the house painted, my Turkish bank account and whats on sale at the local supermarket mode.

I

internationalproperty

2009 has been a great year for rentals in Turkey...

There's been huge growth in the rental market in Turkey in 2009 and this trend looks set to continue during 2010 so it's definitely a good time to be thinking about property investment in Turkey.

In terms of area, I recommend considering areas that are easily accessed from an international airport as these will be more attractive to holiday makers and doing some research yourself before speaking to anyone.

A

andrewsmith

I am so interested in the each area where property is available in Turkey. I am so excited to buy house in those area where rent are so high!

T

Toprak

Hello
wellcome to for you asking about the investing in Turkey.ı would likes to talkin and more info to gives to you and if pssıble can show you all thest for you.pls dont hesıtate to contact me.Thanks

T

Toprak

Hello Lane
ı have read your message can you send to me more ınfo about what you want to buyıng so ıf you send to me your contact number or adress ıts wıll be better for any questıon.Thanks

J

javuk

Hi Lane
have you looked at Kemer in Fethiye especally the new Ceylan Country Club by Infinity express homes still a few 1 bed and 2 bed apartments left....
regards
javuk.

Hi all,
We have decided we would like to purchase a property in Turkey.
Is there anyone that has first hand knowledge that can recommend credible estate agents and solicitors who are extremely good to work with and will guide us through the process. I have read too many horror stories of people getting ripped off by unscrupulous agents/builders. What we are looking for is an apartment to be used purely as an investment, taking advantage of capital growth and rental income. As yet we have no plans to move out there. I would also welcome suggestions on best area/s to invest in. Having researched Dubai as a possible location I feel Turkey has more to offer and is a 'safer' bet long term. I may of course be wrong. Any useful website suggestions would be welcome also. I don?t want to go plundering into anything without doing a great deal of research and hearing from people who have experienced the process first hand.
Bye
Lane

07estates

I beleive Antalya area will be the best decision to buy a property.

1- Big city with International airport
2- Nice areas to visit and cultural sites in the area.
3- Nice sandy beaches
4- Cheap property prices tha other touristic cities
I totally agree with you.

Antalya is very nice - the people are friendly - <snip>
I like my job in Antalya while i meet clients from all over the world. 1 month before i sold an apartment to a family from New Zealand. Its great to see that people from all over the world like the properties in Antalya.

Sunny greetings from Antalya

Thomas

S

Steve Hand

Wonder if Lane is still looking - his original post is over 3 1/2 years old!!!

C

confused-dot-com

best area to buy

HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! Please, :confused:

Hi all,
Also like lane we are looking to purchase a property in Turkey having been ripped off in Spain, and not wishing to make any further costly mistakes,
I look to people who have been through the buying process to give us some good advice. We are looking for an all year round property in a place that does not close down for the winter.
Near the sea would be great. We have a limited budget, and no experience in buying in Turkey, we are especially concerned about getting the right agent, the right solicitor who will look after our interests and not those of the agent. any help will be gratfully recieved.
Many Thanks
Ann & Nick.

J

jestjools

Best place to buy in Turkey

Hi

I have had the pleasure of living in Turkey for the past ten years in various locations. By far, the best choice is as you have already said you were looking for...a place that does not close down in the winter. An all-year-round travel destination.

Antalya could be the place for you. It is an up and coming cosmopolitan area and has a historical old town which is visited by people from all over the world. The area is called Kaleici. It really is a small piece of paradise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivermead

Rivermead

HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! Please, :confused:

Hi all,
Also like lane we are looking to purchase a property in Turkey having been ripped off in Spain, and not wishing to make any further costly mistakes,
I look to people who have been through the buying process to give us some good advice. We are looking for an all year round property in a place that does not close down for the winter.
Near the sea would be great. We have a limited budget, and no experience in buying in Turkey, we are especially concerned about getting the right agent, the right solicitor who will look after our interests and not those of the agent. any help will be gratfully recieved.
Many Thanks
Ann & Nick.
Hi Ann and Nick,

I think you are correct to ensure you are working with the right Agent when it comes to your overseas property purchase. <snip>
Make sure you do as much research as possible before you commit yourself to any purchase. You would rather have all the information and not buy a property that you originally thought was the 'one' for you. Than to buy that property, only to find at a later date that not all was as first seemed.

Good luck with your property search,

Thomas Yates

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jac100

Hi Lane
have you looked at Kemer in Fethiye especally the new Ceylan Country Club by Infinity express homes still a few 1 bed and 2 bed apartments left....
regards
javuk.
Hi,

My personal view is for pure investment purposes i would consider an aparthotel and not just a stand alone apartement, the rental market is very competitive withh lots of properties available for rent. I own an villa that was bought as a holiday/retirement home with a view to rent. Renting the villa has proved very difficult to be honest, think long and hard before you invest. Take your time it is a buyers market.

good luck

S

stymie

investment

if you are looking for an investment with no emotion attached, istanbul will win every day, you will get guaranteed rent - forget all year round sunshine
this will give you the greatest capital appreciation
prices are still low,

i invested in istanbul 18 months ago and latest reports suggest my investment has increased 39% in value since purchase. i am close to the airport, close to universities, close to hospitals, close to the beach, close to the grand prix area - in the middle of a massive regeneration area.

however, if you are looking for something beautiful, on the beach, with world class facilities, a guaranteed rent for 10 years producing great cash-flow, sunshine 300++ days a year, fully managed on your behalf - a total hands off freehold investment, call me on

+44 (0)7863 599440

T

The old grey wolf

if you are looking for an investment with no emotion attached, istanbul will win every day, you will get guaranteed rent - forget all year round sunshine
this will give you the greatest capital appreciation
prices are still low,

i invested in istanbul 18 months ago and latest reports suggest my investment has increased 39% in value since purchase. i am close to the airport, close to universities, close to hospitals, close to the beach, close to the grand prix area - in the middle of a massive regeneration area.

however, if you are looking for something beautiful, on the beach, with world class facilities, a guaranteed rent for 10 years producing great cash-flow, sunshine 300++ days a year, fully managed on your behalf - a total hands off freehold investment, call me on

+44 (0)7863 599440
Istanbul has an enormous amount of empty property. So I am surprised to that your investment has grown so much. A 39% increase in a little over a year is remarkable in a regeneration area. Where did you get the 'latest reports', the developer?

I am also sceptical about the sunshine paradise you mention; 'a guaranteed rent for 10 years producing great cash-flow' - this suggests to me that the property is grossly over priced in the first place and some of the sale cash is returned back over 10 years (after deducted management and maintenance costs). Please let me know If I am wrong.

Egle

Egle

if you are looking for an investment with no emotion attached, istanbul will win every day, you will get guaranteed rent
i am close to the airport, close to universities, close to hospitals, close to the beach, close to the grand prix area - in the middle of a massive regeneration area.
Hello to everyone and to stymie ;),

I am really not sure about what did you write.
If you are close to the airport, you really can't be close to universities or especially close to the beach. So here is something wrong :)
If your place is so perfect, it means you should have a queue of people who wants to rent your place. But if you are writing here, it means your "perfect" place is empty and you are looking for renters ;).

And the main thing is, if someone is looking for something beautiful and on the beach, I really am not sure the best place for this is Istanbul.
Istanbul is great city. But for something beautiful on the beach people choose one of perfect Turkish resorts.
Who wants really noisy place, choose Marmaris, Antalia, Kemer, because here are a lot of Russian tourists and as tourists they really are terrible :D. Who wants more quiete, more polite place, choose Kusadasi in first or Bodrum, because especially in Kusadasi are more British, German, Belgium people and they really are not so noisy as Russian people or even if they are noisy, they do this in more nice and polite way :).

Egle