Planning Permission - no foundations?

Z

zac123

Hi all, this is my first post so i hope I’m posting in the right place!

i'm thinking of buying a small plot of about 3 acres in Portugal. The land currently has no permission to build and no existing structures.

my question is this: i read somewhere on the net that so long as a structure does not require foundations then planning permission is not needed.

I’m thinking of a very small single story straw bale construction. apparently water and elec are close by so connecting up wont really be an issue.

anyone got any thoughts on this?

thanks
zac

omostra06

omostra06

Hi all, this is my first post so i hope I’m posting in the right place!

i'm thinking of buying a small plot of about 3 acres in Portugal. The land currently has no permission to build and no existing structures.

my question is this: i read somewhere on the net that so long as a structure does not require foundations then planning permission is not needed.

I’m thinking of a very small single story straw bale construction. apparently water and elec are close by so connecting up wont really be an issue.

anyone got any thoughts on this?

thanks
zac
just on the electric, although it may be close by, its not easy to get connected, you need planning approval to get connected, it can take a year or more
more info on the link below.
How-To-Get-Connected-To-Mains-Electricity-in-Portugal

J

James Glassbrook

Not true- anything which alters the appearance of the land for more than 183 days needs to be licenced as some owners of wooden houses have found out to their cost, fine & removal.
EDP will normally only connect to a licenced building.
Jim

L

Lysos

James,

Friends are building a villa in the Algarve, and are living in a caravan & container on site. Do they need a licence for that ?.

omostra06

omostra06

James,

Friends are building a villa in the Algarve, and are living in a caravan & container on site. Do they need a licence for that ?.
no if they are building a house then the temporary building, caravan/container will not be there long enough to cause a problem.

L

Lysos

They have been on site since January, and because of problems could be there another 12 months. Will they still be o.k. ?.

When the villa is finished, would they have to remove the caravan & container from the site ?.

omostra06

omostra06

They have been on site since January, and because of problems could be there another 12 months. Will they still be o.k. ?.

When the villa is finished, would they have to remove the caravan & container from the site ?.
probably not, the problem would only be if its been lived in full time. (if the council know)