El gouna furniture shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hwalker

we have just bought an apartment in el gouna and would like to know where we can go to buy good quality, fashionable household items, particularly crockery, bedding and a bar-b-q grill. We will also be looking for new kitchen units. Any advice would be gladly received.

W

wellheld

we have just bought an apartment in el gouna and would like to know where we can go to buy good quality, fashionable household items, particularly crockery, bedding and a bar-b-q grill. We will also be looking for new kitchen units. Any advice would be gladly received.
You could try Spinneys for crockery and bedding, when it eventually opens. Abu Ashara family market, in Hurghada have good quality Egyptian cotton sheets and duvets.

Georgina

Georgina

The supermarkets in El Gouna (Best Way, Mohandes, etc.) stock many household items like pots and pans, crockery, glasses, etc. but the Abu Ashara Family market in Hurghada is much larger and offers more choice. Also Zahran on other side of the road to Abu Ashara.

Nile Kitchens has a showroom in El Gouna at the Hill Villa parking near the Movenpick extension as well as a showroom in Hurghada.

Good quality furniture shops here like El Dar, Idea, Inside Out but expensive. Again, Hurghada will give you more choice.

D

danny

You could try Spinneys for crockery and bedding, when it eventually opens. Abu Ashara family market, in Hurghada have good quality Egyptian cotton sheets and duvets.
You would be better off getting your bedding and curtains from the UK, the prices over here are a lot higher for these items.

If you plan to come here in the winter months lightweight duvets would be a good idea as it can get cool at night. You can pick up duvets at ASDA home &Tesco for between £5-£10 depending on size, over here you could pay £30-£50.

You can usually get good deals on curtains from Dunelms.

Mr Kitchen on the main road between Dahar and Sakalla does good quality and competetively priced modern kitchens.

Red Sea

Red Sea

Banned
I guess there is many shops in Hurghada and good prices and no need to carry many things from Uk with you

you can go around if you love go shopping :) or you hire someone helping you who know where to find what you need

W

wellheld

Bedding etc here

You would be better off getting your bedding and curtains from the UK, the prices over here are a lot higher for these items.

If you plan to come here in the winter months lightweight duvets would be a good idea as it can get cool at night. You can pick up duvets at ASDA home &Tesco for between £5-£10 depending on size, over here you could pay £30-£50.

You can usually get good deals on curtains from Dunelms.

Mr Kitchen on the main road between Dahar and Sakalla does good quality and competetively priced modern kitchens.
But beware of sizes, beds and mattresses come in assorted sizes, measure well first. I agree that bringing bedding from UK is cheaper, I got mine from Matalan, their top of the range egyptian cotton is fabulous, and bringing a duvet, wrapped separately, mine came in a bin bag, costs nothing in weight. A down duvet here cost £200ish.. If it helps I used a 10.5 tog duvet this winter, until May!!! a higher tog would have been better somtimes.
A lot of the so called egyptian cotton here is of poor quality, Abu Ashara do high quality sheets for a similar price to UK, but the range is limited. Depends what you want to use your weight allowance for.
Curtains can be made here cheaply, but the finish can be awful, so again check your measurements if you are bringing them from UK.
Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.