Will the World Cup in 2014 help on property prices in the Natal region?

Will Natal as host city in WC 2014 increase real estate investments?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

Banned
Well Eduardo,

According to Adalberto Pessoa(ex secretary of infrasrutura R.N and president of CREA)has written that the project planned is not yet official as it hasn't been registered with CREA.What they do have is a layout of a project and not an executed one . The official date to begin work (according to A.P is actually 21st Feb 2010)and not September 2010.To read more go to - Tribuna do Norte - Notícias de Natal e RN (Sunday's edition)

Natal is currently scheduled to have existing stadium "Machadão" torn down in September 2010 and replaced with new stadium as per photo shown in previous post.

debzor

debzor

Re-consideration in Recife as well...

After the national team's success against Paraguay (at the biggest of Recife's 3 major football stadia) recently, the press have been asking why spend so much on a brand new stadium, when all the players are commenting how good the atmosphere, etc was at this one. Why not just revamp the existing Santa Cruz one?

Typical Brazil!

jeduardo

jeduardo

Well Eduardo,

According to Adalberto Pessoa(ex secretary of infrasrutura R.N and president of CREA)has written that the project planned is not yet official as it hasn't been registered with CREA.What they do have is a layout of a project and not an executed one . The official date to begin work (according to A.P is actually 21st Feb 2010)and not September 2010.To read more go to - Tribuna do Norte - Notícias de Natal e RN (Sunday's edition)
FIFA has recently changed the dates and put Natal (and others) on a rigid schedule whereby the new stadiums must be completed by 2012 and any kind of delay or inefficiency will not be tolerated.
Some of the new deadlines are:
01-Jul-2009 Deliver completed projects.
31-Aug-2009 Launch of public processes to build the stadium. Also on this date the licenses for use of land and environment must be approved.
31-Nov-2009 Closes deadline for the committees of each city to address questions about advertising and informal commerce during the games.
31-Dec-2009 Confirm partnership of private groups engaged in the construction of arenas.
2010 Demolition of Machadão scheduled for the first quarter of 2010
21-Feb-2010 Begin construction of the Arena Dunes.
31-Dec-2012 Stadium construction must be completed.

Fifa dá prazo para início das construções das arenas - Tribuna do Norte
Construção da Arena das Dunas será feita por licitação consorciada

D

Dotty

Banned
That's a very rigid schedule considering the project has not yet been registered with CREA(or at least it hadn't by Sunday as quoted in journal) .Let's hope there will not be any disputes over the land and that all will run along nice and smoothly.

An option not to be sneered at is a good makeover that will be less time consuming,financially smart, and fewer headaches for all those involved in the projects.
Vale Pena!

FIFA has recently changed the dates and put Natal (and others) on a rigid schedule whereby the new stadiums must be completed by 2012 and any kind of delay or inefficiency will not be tolerated.
Some of the new deadlines are:
01-Jul-2009 Deliver completed projects.
31-Aug-2009 Launch of public processes to build the stadium. Also on this date the licenses for use of land and environment must be approved.
31-Nov-2009 Closes deadline for the committees of each city to address questions about advertising and informal commerce during the games.
31-Dec-2009 Confirm partnership of private groups engaged in the construction of arenas.
2010 Demolition of Machadão scheduled for the first quarter of 2010
21-Feb-2010 Begin construction of the Arena Dunes.
31-Dec-2012 Stadium construction must be completed.

Fifa dá prazo para início das construções das arenas - Tribuna do Norte
Construção da Arena das Dunas será feita por licitação consorciada

C

Celt

Being a host city for one of the group stages of the World Cup (?3 games I think),is not the same as hosting the Olympics.

The publicity attracted in a World Cup will benefit Brazil far more as a whole, not Natal as an integral part.
I never suggested that! I know you don't live in Natal but why do you have to have a negative slant on what is some really positive news for RN and the North East of Brazil.

Dotty, careful with the generalisations, I voted yes in the poll by the way and I am not an agent.

D

Dotty

Banned
I've also been accused of being an agent on this forum,infact several times!
How much do you think prices will increase and in what types of property and in what locations?
I never suggested that! I know you don't live in Natal but why do you have to have a negative slant on what is some really positive news for RN and the North East of Brazil.

Dotty, careful with the generalisations, I voted yes in the poll by the way and I am not an agent.

debzor

debzor

You misunderstand me - I have never said it is negative for Natal, but that it is positive for the whole of Brazil and in particular for the Northeast. Please read my posts more carefully.

What I do try to do is moderate enthusiasm when people imply that Brazil (and in particular the NE) revolves around Natal, and in this case that all World Cup attention, investement, benefit, etc, will be focused in that area. It will not.

C

Celt

You misunderstand me - I have never said it is negative for Natal, but that it is positive for the whole of Brazil and in particular for the Northeast. Please read my posts more carefully.

What I do try to do is moderate enthusiasm when people imply that Brazil (and in particular the NE) revolves around Natal, and in this case that all World Cup attention, investement, benefit, etc, will be focused in that area. It will not.
I am reading carefully now, :) who is implying that Brazil or the North East revolves around Natal? This thread relates to Natal in particular and follows on from earlier threads on this subject where several moderators of enthusiasm ridiculed Natal's chances of hosting the World Cup.

debzor

debzor

I am reading carefully now, :) who is implying that Brazil or the North East revolves around Natal? This thread relates to Natal in particular and follows on from earlier threads on this subject where several moderators of enthusiasm ridiculed Natal's chances of hosting the World Cup.
Not me!

I think it is great that NE Brazil has 4 host cities, and that Natal is one of them.

However this is not a panacea for all Natal's problems, and it is not just Natal who has won!

And I believe this is important to mention in a Natal thread, so as to keep everything in perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.