Will the World Cup in 2014 help on property prices in the Natal region?

Will Natal as host city in WC 2014 increase real estate investments?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MDV

I am in general agreement with Trond, this could be the much needed shot in the arm for the region, and I think it can only be good, consider the alternative, if Natal had not been chosen!!!!!!
I also believe it is time for the real developers and investors to come forward, sadly I see a return to the bargain chasers right now in the Pipa region, the next generation of would be do it alone 'I know it all' who have not learned from the mistakes of others and will not be advised of the pitfalls.This has in my opinion been partly driven by the dream peddlers who never had any intentions of puting bricks on the ground and have created this atmosphere of mistrust in all property developers (yes I am one).
The world cup will bring much needed revenue to the region during the games, but lets hope the added infrastructure will bring a lasting difference to the regions economy and put us firmly on the international map once and for all.

D

Dotty

Banned
Local residents generally go to their beach houses as they do in the Summer ,throw a barbecue,drink until they can barely walk,possibly get out the Kareoke machine and have a sing song after the World Cup!!!

I am almost certain that 2014 wll be the same.Not everybody in Brasil is football mad .

Most world cups have 64 games, so I would be interested to see how they are split up in Brazil.

If you look at the SA world cup, you will see the group matches (48) are mostly evenly spread over the host cities (which would mean 4 per host city in Brazil if they spread it evenly).

The next round (round of 16) are played in the bigger cities with bigger stadiums (only 8 games),then the the quarter finals (4 games) go to the bigger stadiums again.

The semi finals (2 games) are played in 2 large cities, then the final and 3/4 place games are played in 2 other major cities (probably Rio and S.P.).

You will see major infrastructure improvements in every host city as there will be tv crews and tourists all over the place and every city will want to look it's best...

The Olympics are another matter, the infrastructure is built mainly for the 1000's of athletes as there aren't really that many spectators. In Sydney I could buy tickets for just about anything right up to the last minute, not that i went to anything as I was too busy surfing the new break created on Bondi beach by the beach volleyball stadium :).

Regards,
Rob.

D

Dotty

Banned
Interesting to see that all the guys that signed YES in the property poll are agents!!
Sorry,just couldn't resist it !

M

MDV

Interesting to see that all the guys that signed YES in the property poll are agents!!
Not ALL Dotty, but I would equally support you if they ever host an international knitting competition (assuming ALL women enjoy knitting)
Sorry just couldn't resist it.

D

dhoskings

I am not an agent, so it is interesting to see you are wrong yet again.

It is also interesting to see how you say no to absolutely everything unless of course it is something to do with the areas you have directly invested in ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

D

dhoskings

Local residents generally go to their beach houses as they do in the Summer ,throw a barbecue,drink until they can barely walk,possibly get out the Kareoke machine and have a sing song after the World Cup!!!

I am almost certain that 2014 wll be the same.Not everybody in Brasil is football mad .
When was the last time you were in a country when the world cup was held? 1966??

D

Dotty

Banned
I'm and optimist and very realistic when it comes to property investments,otherwise I wouldn't be here!But the W.C will not inflate property prices.The returns for rentals,will be high as expected(on the short term)providing you are in key locations.

It is also interesting to see how you say no to absolutely everything unless of course it is something to do with the areas you have directly invested in ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

D

dhoskings

I'm and optimist and very realistic when it comes to property investments,otherwise I wouldn't be here!But the W.C will not inflate property prices.The returns for rentals,will be high as expected(on the short term)providing you are in key locations.
So prices will go down then... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A

Adriano

I am for sure not an agent either, but a happy property owner in RN.

I think it is not the World Cup itself that will help the property market, but all the positiv signals this will bring to Natal the next 5 years.

This is a unic oppertunity for those in power to bring back the tourist and charters from Europe. Lets hope they have leearned something during the past years.

D

dhoskings

If I had a dollar for every pessimist that told me they were an optimist :rolleyes::rolleyes:

D

Dotty

Banned
This is indeed the ideal opportunity for the New Government to demonstrate what skills they really have in organizing such an event along with the skilled people to pull it off!

I think it is not the World Cup itself that will help the property market, but all the positiv signals this will bring to Natal the next 5 years.

This is a unic oppertunity for those in power to bring back the tourist and charters from Europe. Lets hope they have leearned something during the past years.

D

dhoskings

Looks like you are wrong again Dotty.

You probably should do some research before making sweeping statements ....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

D

Dotty

Banned
Well the good news is the site that was planned to build the new stadium on will most likely be moved to another location!!I imagine it to be in Parnamirim or further afield where there is plenty of available land and good road connections. Not sure hotels will work out after the event,but it's far better than where they had originally planned the build.

Never quite a smart idea to place it in the center of Machadao .It's way too congested now and it's highly unlikely they want to build flyovers along Prudente and Hermes .

jeduardo

jeduardo

It's not likely the new stadium will be built elsewhere since Natal only has until July 2009 to propose modifications to FIFA and that is not enough time.
This is serious business and I doubt that FIFA would even entertain a change in location.
In fact, if they do try to change the location FIFA could even dump Natal and give it to another city.

Last edited:
D

Dotty

Banned
That's just it serious business!Where the location is at the present is causing problems.The idea to relieve the problems are even more of a headache for the Prefeitura,so has been suggested that they move location.QUOTE=jeduardo;106011]It's not likely the new stadium will be built elsewhere since Natal only has until July 2009 to propose modifications to FIFA and that is not enough time.
This is serious business and I doubt that FIFA would even entertain a change in location.
In fact, if they do try to change the location FIFA could even dump Natal and give it to another city.[/QUOTE]

debzor

debzor

I heard that only Recife is to get a totally brand new stadium, located right outside the city with existing train and major road links in all directions, including the BR101. Natal and Fortaleza are just getting exisiting stadia rennovated and upgraded.

Anyone know if this is true?

jeduardo

jeduardo

Natal is currently scheduled to have existing stadium "Machadão" torn down in September 2010 and replaced with new stadium as per photo shown in previous post.

D

Dotty

Banned
I am more concerned about the professional handling of such an event.I was at Machadinho only yesterday for a Proerd event which had approx 5,000 people in it.

Governadora Vilma was present,along with other officials and what the public witnessed was a complete shambles from entering the event,observing the event and leaving the event!! It was extremely exhausting ,very unprofessional and in a nut shell God help the W.C (Natal).

QUOTE=jeduardo;106061]Natal is currently scheduled to have existing stadium "Machadão" torn down in September 2010 and replaced with new stadium as per photo shown in previous post.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.