whats selling and whats not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heat_wave

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering what units you find are selling the best currently?
Personally I am finding so much demand for Marinascape by Trident but not many sellers around!
The market is very much fickle trends what is everybody else finding?

N

naxal

Heat Wave ,
How's the response for the demand and/or sale for the Springs townhouse property ?

H

heat_wave

I think a two bedroom villa in springs was sold yesterday for 1.3mil. They seem to be popular as all villas at low prices.

N

naxal

1.3 !!!!!!! ...................... Wait to listen to what I've got to know ......... 2 beds were even sold at or below 1 million ,especially odd Springs sector like Springs 12 ,etc. ................ What do u think ?? Could this be true ?

H

heat_wave

at least they are selling again, this must be a good sign.

N

naxal

I've no idea if they're selling again or not but only got to know about a couple of extremely distressed deals ........... Plus always the fear of the six-lane carriageway lingering around the buyers .

R

Riz110

Marina scape by Trident sure doing well! so is the rest. All ready units by Emaar / nakheel and dubai properties are selling at realistic corrected figures there are stil loads of buyers.

V

Vak

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering what units you find are selling the best currently?
Personally I am finding so much demand for Marinascape by Trident but not many sellers around!
The market is very much fickle trends what is everybody else finding?

International City
Discovery
The Palm Jumeirah
Springs

Until City scape 2009 we will see transactions in above pockets only, there will be very few transactions in Marina Jlt Ranches or any other ready property.
Property will start to become commodity by end 2010

G

georgihh

not much

There are so many agents and dealers in this forum. Enough is enough villa in springs is one million even less. We need to see steady prices for at least 6 months before start again. For now we are in the second month. Dubai is unique the prices can shoot up again in a month but for now people are waiting

V

Vak

There are so many agents and dealers in this forum. Enough is enough villa in springs is one million even less. We need to see steady prices for at least 6 months before start again. For now we are in the second month. Dubai is unique the prices can shoot up again in a month but for now people are waiting
I believe so, I know many high profile investors holding millions to buy in bulk when market bottoms out.
International city, Discovery & Palm is steady for last few months infect i have noticed prices going up on Palm villas due to more demand and less supply.
To my judgment investors will come out in late July-August thats when thousands of families will move out, rental will decrease 15% from now, we will see U turn watch !!!

It will bounce back !!!

H

heat_wave

thats really strange, as I'm finding the market really busy again! But I guess its because I'm from the UK so for me this amount of transactions is busy!! :D

B

baba toto

What about retail units in Jumeirah Village Triangle? Do you think these have any potential at all?

V

Vak

JVT doesn’t exist, why would you buy in the desert?
Buy something which exists and enjoy the rent income
about 450 Nakheel villas exist on JVT today, they are selling well at original price and seems it will go up in value in coming months.
a poor person like me cannot afford to buy ready unit but certainly can afford payment spread over 3 years time, at present moment there is no demand of retail in JVT, but coz of the prime location it will be something valuable in 3 years...thats how i see...
and if you are talking about buying ready retail in JVT today then please do not, JVT is not even 10% occupied, JLT is very good retail investment also International city, Business bay etc, i have a complete ground floor in BB and 1800 sqft 3 sided lake in JLt, if interested you can msg me anytime.

V

Vak

thats really strange, as I'm finding the market really busy again! But I guess its because I'm from the UK so for me this amount of transactions is busy!! :D
you are correct, there are some early signs already, I have seen a lot in last 2-3 weeks, and a lot to come in next 2 mnths, virtually ideal buying time is June-July but there is fear of shortage of stock, once we see figures going up all the owner will hold/pull out their properties from market which means no bargaining, less choice etc.

B

baba toto

about 450 Nakheel villas exist on JVT today, they are selling well at original price and seems it will go up in value in coming months.
a poor person like me cannot afford to buy ready unit but certainly can afford payment spread over 3 years time, at present moment there is no demand of retail in JVT, but coz of the prime location it will be something valuable in 3 years...thats how i see...
and if you are talking about buying ready retail in JVT today then please do not, JVT is not even 10% occupied, JLT is very good retail investment also International city, Business bay etc, i have a complete ground floor in BB and 1800 sqft 3 sided lake in JLt, if interested you can msg me anytime.
International City is NOT a good retail investment because there are simply too many shops.

Last edited:
C

cascades

I think price of any property should not be more than 7/8 years of rent on the property. Most properties will need heavy repair/refurbishment cost which in dubai is more expensive than new building cost.

M

Mikerux8

@ baba toto.
international city is very good for retail. spinneys just opened overthere.
the trick is to strike that good idea of a retail project.
it is full of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.