Map Of Hurghada

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J4hurghada

Banned
I have seached all over the internet and can not find a street map of hurghada can anyone help.

Thanks x

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Thanks GM43, got the first web site but the second one not working properly but this one would proberly be better if I can get full screen to work.

Thanks anyway.

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

The Google map is fun to look at, but keep in mind it is many years old. I have been hoping they would update it for some time now.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
got hurghada information map working fantastic satalite map can see my apartment on it and all of hurghada brilliant.

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Have been on the google earth site myself just the other day looking for the location of my villa that didnt show up a few months ago and found that it has been updated.This is probably the best way to view Hurghada until someone comes up with a better street map although it may take some time.

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

I think a link to the updated Google Earth site would be helpful for everyone. I went on it today. I checked Regency Towers and the image was still many years old.

So if someone has an updated link, please put it up.

A

awahee123

Banned
Haven't seen a proper street map of Hurghada,Does one exist?

A

andyWagner

Hi there,

thank you for all the nice comments about our map of Hurghada on hurghada-information It is a great feeling that our work is appreciated. There have been some questions raised in this forum and maybe I can answer them here....

1. The Googlemap Satellite images we use are provided by Google and are usually updated by them (Google) for Egypt every 2 years or so. This seems to be out of national security reasons. Also there are some areas which are blurred out on purpose, again for national security.

2. we try and keep the information on our maps as up to date as possible. Of course things in Hurghada change so quickly that it is neigh impossible to be really up to date (but we try our best).

3. we can not overlay the Google Streetmap view you may be accustomed to from other maps, since there is very very little street data (outside cairo) available and the little bit there is is very inaccurate.

4. we actually have labeld a lot of the streets ourselves (mindboggling work) but as those of you that live in Hurghada know only to well, many streets have no name...

I hope I answered some of your questions but if you do have questions please feel free to mail me thru our website.

You all have a nice day now....

Andy Wagner

PS: we have included now the descriptions for the most popular divesites in Hurghada and will of course include them on a special divesite map, which will be released soon.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks Andy - welcome to the forum - most helpful.

A

andyWagner

Good Morning

...and thank you Queenie....

If there is anything we can do to help you, please let me know...

Y'all have a great day now...

:)Andy:cool:

J

jeremy bright

I have seached all over the internet and can not find a street map of hurghada can anyone help.

Thanks x

i got a good map when was out there in November from a tourist shop for £1 as i was finding it hard to find my way around

J

J4hurghada

Banned
i got a good map when was out there in November from a tourist shop for £1 as i was finding it hard to find my way around
I find the google map ok for at home but a bit out dated, I will proberly invest in one when out in April.

A

andyWagner

Why Outdated

hi all together,

...I am sure that you will not be able to buy a more up to date map of hurghada anywhere...but if you do let me know because we always try to use all avenues of information to keep things as up to date as possible....

as i mentioned before somewhere in this forum...the actual images come from google and we use always the latest release....

somebody was asking about the public beaches....you can easily locate them on the 'Full Screen Googlemap' we use a little beach with sunshade (umbrella) icon to identify them....they are in the 'All the other stuff' dropdown box alas not in a specific order....

probably easier to locate them if you uncheck all toggle checkboxes and switch on only the 'All the other stuff' checkbox.

however i do see your point, it is not easy to locate them if you do not know the name...we are working on the next release of the 'Full Screen Googlemap' with a very sexy Flash front end and there it is a lot easier and a lot more intuitive to find things....

in the meantime if there is anything that is missing on our map or information you think would be useful to other visitors of our site please let us know....

y'all have a great day now...

:rolleyes:Andy
hurghada-information

queenie40something

queenie40something

ooohhh Andy I do love sexy flash front ends! LOL

A

andyWagner

Flash with a capital 'F' baby, it will be definitely scrumptious...:cool:

P

propertyborders

Has anyone got a good map showing all the Red Sea to the Sudan border?

A

andyWagner

you can use any googlemap of course unless you are interested in specific locations of businesses or such.

are you looking for anything specific?? if not just follow our map of hurghada along the coast going south. It is not difficult to locate cities like safaga, marsa alam and shelatin at which you find the sudanese border...

andy
hurghada-information

125mastaba

Brilliant, someone else who needs a proper STREET MAP of hughada, not a google satellite view that home's in with no street names or proper detail, please, please someone, produce a proper street map

C

cdcaster

Brilliant, someone else who needs a proper STREET MAP of hughada, not a google satellite view that home's in with no street names or proper detail, please, please someone, produce a proper street map
I have one, but can't post links yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.