Cabo São Roque

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adriano

Anyone who have information about the project, Cabo São Roque, north of Natal?

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyone who have information about the project, Cabo São Roque, north of Natal?
I went to look at it last month, it has a stunning beach and surrounds but it isn't due to launch for a little while yet.

D

Dotty

Banned
The project got some negative reports in a UK paper last yr relating to the the effects the project would have on Mata Atlantica surrounding this particular area.Then the recession set in and a a few hugh projects got in some major difficulties in Natal and it's all gone quiet.But who knows it may happen or may not.

J

JMBroad

As Rob says the location is stunning, I've been past there numerous times and about two weeks ago took a buggy and drove all around the land and the beach on my own. The development looks great - a bit big for my personal taste but small enough to be attractive to enough people, I'm sure.

The marketing they are putting in place for the development when it finally launches will be great for the state as a whole, and there are numerous celebrities who will be endorsing the development and lending to the coverage.

The concept they have planned is also fitting for Brazil and overall I think it will be a success. However due to the economic situation they have to be careful when to launch it. The company responsible for the global marketing and sales has a lot of experience and competent people handling the project so I doubt they will launch it too soon.

The vital thing is that once they do launch it, they have to make sure they avoid mistakes of the launches of other experienced people, like Nicolas Mateos and Grupo Sanchez.

According to the discussions I've had with the people in charge of launching the development, I'm confident they will get it right - as long as they aren't unduly pressured into an early launch. And from what I was shown, my first fear (that the area would turn into a concrete jungle with huge football stadiums) has been assuaged.

D

Dotty

Banned
Hi John,

Who are the company responsible for marketing it in the possible future as I recall they used famous faces to sell Grand Golf Natal (Antonio Banderas and Ronaldo)and it collapsed .The lovely project of Lagoa Coelho also collapsed .Both used intensive marketing regularly featuring all over Natal and Europe I am not yet convinced this one will take off either due to it's location and size and the link to try and plug it using famous footballer's.
As Rob says the location is stunning, I've been past there numerous times and about two weeks ago took a buggy and drove all around the land and the beach on my own. The development looks great - a bit big for my personal taste but small enough to be attractive to enough people, I'm sure.

The marketing they are putting in place for the development when it finally launches will be great for the state as a whole, and there are numerous celebrities who will be endorsing the development and lending to the coverage.

The concept they have planned is also fitting for Brazil and overall I think it will be a success. However due to the economic situation they have to be careful when to launch it. The company responsible for the global marketing and sales has a lot of experience and competent people handling the project so I doubt they will launch it too soon.

The vital thing is that once they do launch it, they have to make sure they avoid mistakes of the launches of other experienced people, like Nicolas Mateos and Grupo Sanchez.

According to the discussions I've had with the people in charge of launching the development, I'm confident they will get it right - as long as they aren't unduly pressured into an early launch. And from what I was shown, my first fear (that the area would turn into a concrete jungle with huge football stadiums) has been assuaged.

A

Adriano

Did they not have a big launch last year with David Beckham and others?
And they do have their own home page that says phase one is to be completed in 2011/12.

Lets hope they will manage thrue the financial crises, it will benefit Natal, and RN for sure needs a golf course.

J

JMBroad

Hi John,

Who are the company responsible for marketing it in the possible future as I recall they used famous faces to sell Grand Golf Natal (Antonio Banderas and Ronaldo)and it collapsed .The lovely project of Lagoa Coelho also collapsed .Both used intensive marketing regularly featuring all over Natal and Europe I am not yet convinced this one will take off either due to it's location and size and the link to try and plug it using famous footballer's.
That's the huge difference - the company CSR are using to control the marketing and sales is one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the world. And the financing behind the development is also not to be compared to Nicolas Mateos or Grupo Sanchez. Neither are the marketing or the public relations companies.

Basically it's a development on an entirely different scale than either of those two - not because of size or location but because of the team (financing team, development team, marketing team, public relations team - basically the whole team) behind it.

Having said that, like Nicolas Mateos and Grupo Sanchez I believe it is the first time that this team works together to promote a major residential development - which is why I stressed the importance of not rushing it and making sure the launch is only done when ALL licenses are in place and all angles have been covered.

I agreed to a non-disclosure regarding the development and I'm not sure if that allowed me to disclose who the teams running the show are or not so I'd rather just stay shtum. Suffice it to say that a couple of the companies involved are household names regardless of whether you are involved in property investing or not.

J

JMBroad

Did they not have a big launch last year with David Beckham and others?
And they do have their own home page that says phase one is to be completed in 2011/12.

Lets hope they will manage thrue the financial crises, it will benefit Natal, and RN for sure needs a golf course.
That wasn't a launch, that was just raising interest in the development - no sales have been accepted yet, as far as I know. And yes, RN does need a golf course - I need to bring my clubs over.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
That's the huge difference - the company CSR are using to control the marketing and sales is one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the world. And the financing behind the development is also not to be compared to Nicolas Mateos or Grupo Sanchez. Neither are the marketing or the public relations companies.

Basically it's a development on an entirely different scale than either of those two - not because of size or location but because of the team (financing team, development team, marketing team, public relations team - basically the whole team) behind it.

Having said that, like Nicolas Mateos and Grupo Sanchez I believe it is the first time that this team works together to promote a major residential development - which is why I stressed the importance of not rushing it and making sure the launch is only done when ALL licenses are in place and all angles have been covered.

I agreed to a non-disclosure regarding the development and I'm not sure if that allowed me to disclose who the teams running the show are or not so I'd rather just stay shtum. Suffice it to say that a couple of the companies involved are household names regardless of whether you are involved in property investing or not.

Like John, I have been privy to what is going on behind the scenes, and it is a great deal more professional than LC or GNG ever were.

D

Dotty

Banned
Hi John,

Not Sarah Ferguson-PLEASE and Findus Foods.
It's a very long shot if it were to get off the ground especially as a residential project.People are just not interested in moving North,not Brasilians anyway and there are so few tourists from overseas so they are right in holding off.

J

JMBroad

Hi John,

Not Sarah Ferguson-PLEASE and Findus Foods.
It's a very long shot if it were to get off the ground especially as a residential project. People are just not interested in moving North, not Brasilians anyway and there are so few tourists from overseas so they are right in holding off.
I doubt the Duchess of York or Findus Foods are heading up the sales and marketing team of the development and I know I wasn't referring to either of them when I mentioned the company responsible for marketing and sales of CSR was one of the most important global players in commercial real estate.

Nonetheless, you also can't compare the involvement of the two you've mentioned, to Sanchez or Nicolas Mateos. Whatever their reasons, I'm positive they will ensure the right market conditions before launching, whether it be the domestic or international markets.

T

timatthebeach

well they got a very snazzy website going now at http://www.cabosaoroque.com/#/en/residential/ and i did a little research on the place year or so ago (as potential investor not sales) and found and spoke to company who will be responsible for marketing. i didnt have to agree to any non disclosure - have no idea if it still same company but think it is - cushman & wakefield.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
well they got a very snazzy website going now at http://www.cabosaoroque.com/#/en/residential/ and i did a little research on the place year or so ago (as potential investor not sales) and found and spoke to company who will be responsible for marketing. i didnt have to agree to any non disclosure - have no idea if it still same company but think it is - cushman & wakefield.
It is still C&W.

Status
Not open for further replies.