Go Back   Property Forum > Property Investment > Middle East property > UAE property

UAE property The UAE Property Forum has been created to service a growing demand for overseas investment property in new emerging markets within the UAE and outside of Dubai. Please use this new section to discuss property in UAE states such as; property in Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Ras al-Khaimah and Sharjah.

Umm Al Quwain Marina by Emaar - Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 AM

Please update your flags here .

Users Flag! Interested in property in uae
Exclamation Umm Al Quwain Marina by Emaar - Discussion

HI All,

Anyone out there with UAQ Marina property? Wanted to get status of the property, its suppose to be delivered by June 30th.

Any information on the state of project, funding, power issues, masterplan etc etc.

There are 277 villas planned to be completed there, and the subsequent master plan has something along the lines of 3000 units. Any info, if Emaar will ever deliver the masterplan? If not, is that a point we can use to walk out of the contract.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:44 AM

Users Flag! Interested in property in cyprus
Default Hello, New here just wanted to say hi

hi everyone

Newly signed up, i want to say a quick hello
Old 22-05-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubister View Post
HI All,

Anyone out there with UAQ Marina property? Wanted to get status of the property, its suppose to be delivered by June 30th.

Any information on the state of project, funding, power issues, masterplan etc etc.

There are 277 villas planned to be completed there, and the subsequent master plan has something along the lines of 3000 units. Any info, if Emaar will ever deliver the masterplan? If not, is that a point we can use to walk out of the contract.
Dubister,
Do you have more recent information about the UAQ Marina project? Do you have a property there?

Thanks,
BlackAngus
Old 28-05-2010, 06:39 AM

Default UAQ marina villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngus View Post
Dubister,
Do you have more recent information about the UAQ Marina project? Do you have a property there?

Thanks,
BlackAngus
Hi there,

Yes, we do have a villa and are waiting for formal notification of the handover villa (supposed to be by the end of this month). Verbally we have been told to expect further delay, but only by a few months. I think, from reading the contract, that they have until the end of September to handover, or may themselves then be subject to penalties, and the buyers can ask for their money back, but in reality, will they do that? They are working on the site, currently building a wall from the main road up to the compound, also working on the community swimming pool. Roads not laid yet, and big trenches everywhere waiting for drainage pipes/sewage; apparently they haven't paid the drainage people so they stopped work. Etisalat won't put in their cables until all excavation work has been done. Water connection also won't happen unless the roads are finished. Roads can't be finished until drainage is sorted. Annoying, as there is really no reason for the project not to have been completed, there was no work being done for many months. As for later phases, considering the property markets today, I can't imagine those going ahead in the foreseeable future. I doubt though, that that is a reason to get our money back, as they stipulate in the contract everything is subject to changes or amendment!!
Fingers crossed, we'll all be moved in before Christmas.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:07 PM

Default UAQ Marina by Emaar

Hi,

I own a property in UAQ Marina and concerned about the future of this project. have any of you sought legal opinion as to what our rights are as investors, in case Emaar is not able to complete the entire project as they had promised.

We had invested in this property considering the fact that its going to be a big development not in a 200 odd villas in the middle of no where.

I suggest, investors in this project should come together and form a group or something and raise our concerns to Emaar collectively.

SunnyDay
Old 02-06-2010, 06:25 PM

Try to send a private message to Blackangus, as he is organising such a group. We hope to meet up next week.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:28 PM

There are about seven of us now, all in similar situations. The more of us that can unite, the better.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Sunnyday,
once you become an active member, I can send you a private message so we can exchange contact numbers. I think you need to post a few more messages to become an active member.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redarrow View Post
Sunnyday,
once you become an active member, I can send you a private message so we can exchange contact numbers. I think you need to post a few more messages to become an active member.
Yeah..lets all of us get in touch and have a discussion.
I belive Emaar has sent out letters today..since i am travelling didn't get it yet.
Have u all got it already? What does it say

SunnyDay
Old 02-06-2010, 06:58 PM

What's the latest from Emaar on UAQ Marina?

SunnyDay
Closed Thread