Who pays the maintenance fees - Landlord or Tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roshan

There are a lot of land lords out there who have already leased their investments. I just wanted feedback on the maintenance fees.

Are the maintenance fees included in the rent - OR - does the tenant pay it off seperately.

I always thought it was built into the rent. I would like to know how each one of you guys handle such a situation.

Regards

Roshan

M

mpat

There are a lot of land lords out there who have already leased their investments. I just wanted feedback on the maintenance fees.

Are the maintenance fees included in the rent - OR - does the tenant pay it off seperately.

I always thought it was built into the rent. I would like to know how each one of you guys handle such a situation.

Regards

Roshan

Yes roshan, maintenance charges are included in rents and are to be paid by the owner.I am trying to pass it no to the tenant from next year since the reantal is very low for my unit with compared to others in the same area ( IC )
Bye

D

Demoniise

Yes roshan, maintenance charges are included in rents and are to be paid by the owner.I am trying to pass it no to the tenant from next year since the reantal is very low for my unit with compared to others in the same area ( IC )
Bye

Hi, Mpat how much rent r u getting for ur flat in IC

M

MMSM

Maintenance charges are to be borne by the owner of the property. He could have it built into the asking rent, but cannot ask for it separately.

You cannot increase rent more than 5% per year, so good luck trying to increase your rent to 'get it in line' with the market. If i was the tenant, i'd file a case against you and take you to the Rent Committee.

R

reasonant

I have reproduced the relevant extract of Law No. 26 of 2007 regulating relationship between Landlords and Tenants in the Emirate of Dubai

"Article 16

Landlord shall, during validity of the tenancy contract, be liable for undertaking maintenance of the property and shall rectify any defects or faults that affect tenant's intended benefit from the property, unless the two parties agree otherwise."

Hope this settles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.