USA - Property Investment

R

Raresaturn

What would be the best state to invest in? East Coast? West coast? Midwest?

V

vincet veritas

Best State to Invest In

What would be the best state to invest in? East Coast? West coast? Midwest?
Hi Raresaturn,
I believe any of the major cities in any of the southern states. Obviously there are alot of other criteria to take into consideration when on the hunt for property.
Why the southern states, because of the northern migration, people wanting to escape the cold.
We chose Texas because coming from OZ meant we'd have to travel across most of the US to visit our investment property. This meant being able to claim additional expenses. Currently we are researching Florida and Georgia.
Keep in mind too, target market tenants for your rental properties. We specifically target university students and look at properties within close proximity of unis and university colleges. The properties also don't have to be the flashiest so you can pick them up for a reasoable price.
Cheers,
Geoff W

R

ravk

Hi there,

i am also looking to invest in properties in Florida, the only issue i have is trying to narrow down which county and cities would be best to invest in. Would be looking for good rental return and hopefully mid/lon term roi. Furthermore which realtor and property management company can you trust?

thanks

V

vincet veritas

Where to invest in Florida

Hi Ravk,
That is an interesting question you pose. I'm not a property advisor or broker only a property investor and can only explain the research my partner and I are undertaking. We are considering the localities of Cape Coral, Port St Lucie and Orlando. Also we have been recommended a broker/property manager, Southern Estates & Land LLC (Debra Edan) from a friend in Oz who has himself already purchased three properties in Florida and is so far happy with everything.
We are yet to contact Debra however, but intend to visit Florida in September next year and hopefully inspect a few properties with Debra then.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Geoff W

F

forumlord

Palm Beach County seems to be a good investment area in Florida right now. Broward and Dade is too expensive and the Mexican Gulf area has really suffered of late. Just avoid any "short sales" for the sake of your sanity and wallet!

A

AnjaliGoswami

Before investing, first select the area. If you have good budget, you can take the help of internet and search for reputable agencies that will help you with your investments.

B

bamboo

How much you have paid for it ? And Net yield you are getting now ?
An offer was made to me recently as well..But not sure to go for it or not... pretty much a hand-off investment

Hi First post - I invested recently with Colossal Property Investments and bought a property in Michigan USA. The service was very good and the process was relatively straight forward. The actual end cost was less than originally quoted which is always refreshing

V

viccact

hi vincet veritas,

You have posted some really helpful info in this thread. i know its well over a year ago since this topic was raised but i was wondering if you'd mind giving me a little information. My partner (she is american) and i are considering investing the US property. We are anxious to invest in australian property. We are currently renting in Canberra and are struggling to save enough money for a decent home in australia. A move to the US in about 2 years is on the cards and we have been doing a little research into US property.

i guess my question is where would you suggest to invest for a first/trial property? Our budget would be about $80k. i have approached a few property investment companies who all promise amazing returns but am not sure whether to use a 'do it yourself' approach. Any info would be amazing.

Thank you sincerely in advance.

J

johnmillian

Banned
5 Useful Real Estate Investment Tips

Today folks with money to spend are jumping into the investment market with no surprise, because the home prices and mortgage rates are surfing the bottom of the real estate trough. Due to the increasing demand for real estate properties across the globe, property investments in real estate market is considered as profitable and moreover comparing with other forms of investment, real estate is also becoming a sought.

K

kansascityrealproperty

Property management

I am also looking for investment in real estate i am new investor and so many new customer want to a part of real estate business. I read your post you share some good information.

P

Property Source

USA property investment

Typically, this has been the problem in the past. Promoters painting a rosy picture of their properties and not disclsoing the proper costs invoved with owning rental property. These promoters are often out to make a quick buck and the investor gets stuck holding a losing investment. I would recommend that when you purchase a property, you establish a reserve account until it reaches a certain level. Say around 3-4 months rent, possibly 6. If you have that to put aside upon the purchase, then do so. I am a wholesaler in Mississippi and I direct my clients to start with a reserve of $2000 and put an extra $200 per month away until their reserve account is fully funded. This way you are equipped to handle the worst case scenario. Lower priced properties are a great way to start because rent/price ratios are very high. But you need to make sure that you are doing business with a person who has been in business for a substantial amount of time and is reputable.

J

jefferywhite81

From my point of view, Miami is the best option. I had experience of Miami that's why I am saying.

D

Deja

Hello friends I also want to invest property in USA. I want to invest in some beautiful and precious place. May be Miami will be the best for investment because my most of the friends are recommend me there.

O

owendale

Property Source said:
Typically, this has been the problem in the past. Promoters painting a rosy picture of their properties and not disclsoing the proper costs invoved with owning rental property. These promoters are often out to make a quick buck and the investor gets stuck holding a losing investment. I would recommend that when you purchase a property, you establish a reserve account until it reaches a certain level. Say around 3-4 months rent, possibly 6. If you have that to put aside upon the purchase, then do so. I am a wholesaler in Mississippi and I direct my clients to start with a reserve of $2000 and put an extra $200 per month away until their reserve account is fully funded. This way you are equipped to handle the worst case scenario. Lower priced properties are a great way to start because rent/price ratios are very high. But you need to make sure that you are doing business with a person who has been in business for a substantial amount of time and is reputable.
Good sensible advice , may I add that every area you want to invest in consider a weeks visit and talk to the locals..it's what I have done and it does pay for itself..
Even as a Florida REALTOR I still visit areas in Florida before I can honestly and with conviction say it a good place to invest in... Also a word of warning MOST UK based so called experts never list any property address , so how the hell can you expect them fully to address your every concern THEY still sell loads and its a concern...

P

PropertyBargainsOverseas

I am looking at investing in the property market in the USA. Mainly testing the waters with low end properties which seem to rent well. As allways the dealer / brokers paint a very goo picture. I was after some feed back on anyone that has bought property recently.

Some of the agents I am thinkming of dealing with are:
Dollar Property Invesment
My USA Property
Colossal Property Investment
House Buyers USA

Any news or feed back would be great.

Cheers
There are a good number of Agents that you could deal with, just be wary of the dodgy ones out there, as there are plenty of them as well!! The best thing, is to do your research before going ahead. Here are a few more you could look into:

American Dream Investments (Syracuse and Florida)
Best USA Property Investments (Various including Detroit and Ohio)

O

owendale

PropertyBargainsOverseas said:
There are a good number of Agents that you could deal with, just be wary of the dodgy ones out there, as there are plenty of them as well!! The best thing, is to do your research before going ahead. Here are a few more you could look into:

American Dream Investments (Syracuse and Florida)
Best USA Property Investments (Various including Detroit and Ohio)
I see mostly uk based websites unlicensed so ask how do they make money?
Please people wake up for crying out loud... They basically add to the cost of
An already expensive investment... And every investor with any common sense wants maximum return for little outlay..
I am getting a little tired of seeing so many glossy websites set up selling USA property and getting paid for just being a middle man... It's easy money for them..!!
If like me you think you get out of life what you put in then use property licensed realtors and learn the USA processes ..
I have spent 3 long years to get that realtor title and have yet to sell a single property..which quite frankly is amazing as I have proof that on average I can save uk investors over £ 2000 on every deal... I keep asking why and I have yet to get an answer...

C

ceema.datta

For the past two decades or so, Thailand has seen an influx of foreigners spending their hard earned monies to acquire property in this land of beauty. Unfortunately, those acting in ignorance of Thai laws helplessly witnessed their monies go down the drain of non-recoup. Now, with reason restored, you wonder: Are Foreigners allowed to own land in Thailand? Generally, foreigners are not allowed to directly purchase land in Thailand. Simply put, Thai laws prohibit foreigners from owning land in their own name, although theoretically there is an exception but it is yet to be seen in practice.

P

pamelanathan

I think My USA Property is a great company. :joyman:

S

speedy gonzales

I think My USA Property is a great company. :joyman:
If your talking MyUSAProperty run by a Mr Andrew Allen then you have got to be kidding !!:banghead:

This company has overcharged for each and every property they sell PLUS charged membership fee's on top again. They have a very very long list of unhappy investors and simply overpromised and underdelivered.

O

owendale

owendale said:
I see mostly uk based websites unlicensed so ask how do they make money?
Please people wake up for crying out loud... They basically add to the cost of
An already expensive investment... And every investor with any common sense wants maximum return for little outlay..
I am getting a little tired of seeing so many glossy websites set up selling USA property and getting paid for just being a middle man... It's easy money for them..!!
If like me you think you get out of life what you put in then use property licensed realtors and learn the USA processes ..
I have spent 3 long years to get that realtor title and have yet to sell a single property..which quite frankly is amazing as I have proof that on average I can save uk investors over £ 2000 on every deal... I keep asking why and I have yet to get an answer...
Amazing not one reply , are my comments invisible ? . Tennessee investments from $ 15000 Georgia investments around Atlanta from $18000 and all returning over $ 450 a month and still no messages , has the world gone mad .. I give the lists to UK companies and Australian companies who may double the price , is this the only way I am going to sell? Good job I have ethics .. Mind you with ethics , good practice and a great quest for a deal thats the very best , it seems in life it's not the best way to do business...