Thai farming

D

Dave_Velasco

Farming in Thailand is quite good. They do have a good farming culture and I guess they should at least give more attention on such culture as it might give them more better results and solutions to food and other country issues that they are facing.

L

Lewis

Farming in Thailand is quite good. They do have a good farming culture and I guess they should at least give more attention on such culture as it might give them more better results and solutions to food and other country issues that they are facing.
Thanks for the thumbs up Dave - do you hold agricultural interests or have you already tried farming in the far east? My happy hunting ground until I left the whole property investment bubble behind me was in Germany. I just got sick of the hype and nonsense so prevalent regarding invesment in property and I saw too many good people hurt when that bubble inevitably burst (It gives no pleasure at all to recall that I was warning of this long before it actually happened - nobody wanted to hear caution all they wanted to hear was double digit returns! So I decided to keep schtumm and back out as all I seemed to do was annoy people drunk on the millions they were never going to make as they didn't have a clue other than what some agent had promised them.

C

CNX_Bruce

A cautionary tale in this thread that underlines the need for very careful research before committing to property (and any other substantial investment) in Thailand.

Always:
1. Use google/bing/ etc to search on the name of the developer and the development to see any feedback from other investors
2. Always ask for copies of legal advice to back up any claims for example, ability to have a 3x30 year lease (ideally from a solicitor entirely independant of the developer)
3. Always ask copies in English-language and never assume it is an accurate translation of the original Thai document. If you are real keen on the investment then get your own translation done to cross-check
4. Assume NOTHING based on your prior experience buying /selling real estate in a western country