tenant in distress

• Thread starter onlyifitsbythelaw101
  • Start date
O

onlyifitsbythelaw101

HI everyone,

My posting here on this forum is a sign of despair...i am hoping that someone out there can shed light to my situation. I am a very fair-minded person..and i can humbly accept and take responsibilities of the consequences...but i also want to make sure that my rights are being taken into consideration as well.

You see, i had some employment and financial troubles here...but really trying to get back in my feet.. My contract expired and i was given a renewal offer without an increase..and it is understandable as it is just my 3rd renewal -(3 years) so probably my rent price is still under protection..which i am very thankful for...however, before expiration of my tenancy contract, i had some bounced checks, which I have cleared by the way, but the real estate company refused to give me a clearance for my case, unless i renew my contract or..decide to vacate the place..SINCE I DIDN'T HAVE any plans to move, as I was still being hopeful i can still better my situation..i wrote a letter to my real estate landlord(as instructed by them) stating that i will shoulder penalties and late charges..etc etc...and that they just need to clear my case by that time so that I can renew also my expiring passport....after that scenario..I NEVER GOT ANY update from them..and all these other people contacting me without any knowledge about my case and just want me to renew the contract, pay the deposit and go through the normal renewal procedure...
Now i know that they really charge late penalties..then the real estate company has just gone silent..and last month they changed the locks in my apartment preventing me to get in..without any notice given to me...
I went to their office and asked what i can do to just clear this thing...i told them i will pay all the balance and give them the needed checks..by the way the contract expired last February..so I KNOW..it has been that long already!! which is why i was just at their mercy and i was OK with it..so they ask me to go to Dubai Municipality and check the judgement order...and i found out that i am to just vacate the place...it is a bit shady because i never got an eviction notice!!...anyway I was asked to write a request letter for me to just take my things...WHICH I DID...so basically i just followed what they told me to do..and i am very much willing to just vacate the place...
Now that real estate company doesn't want me to take my appliances and kitchen/household stuffs, and even my bedroom furnitures...and they just want me to take my personal things...now even if it is against my will, because i still want to just come to terms with my landlord and pay them in CASH the rents that I owe them...i thought that maybe if i let them take the things they want, then my balance will be lesser...I WAS ALREADY FINE WITH THAT....

But what really pushed me down the bottom..is that...the second time I went to my landlord's office to show that clearance letter from the Judge and Dubai Municipality allowing me to take my things..especially the personal things from the apartment...I WAS TOLD THAT MY THINGS ARE NO LONGER IN MY OLD APARTMENT... THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN REMOVED BY THEIR MAINTENANCE PEOPLE AND ARE THROWN INTO THEIR WAREHOUSE IN GOD KNOWS WHERE.......

DO i deserve all this?? and without any notice, they just took my things like that? and it has only been 2-3 weeks since they changed my locks and i have been sleeping and crashing at anybody's apartment for a place to spend the night..hoping that i will get this sorted out in a very short span of time.....

Please..don't i have even a small right here? at least? don't i have any thing left for me...if not as a tenant..at least as a human being here?

PLEASE HELP ME..and give me advice..
i am homeless and i need to get this sorted before even my visa expires..and my passport is now expired and i cannot even leave the country due to my landlord's case against me, even though i have already cleared my bounced check with them....

PLEASE PLEASE>>>>MERCY!!
Your words of wisdom can definitely EASE up my ignorant mind