Recommended lawyers in Hurghada

T

Toby1010

Dear All,

I'm a British national buying a flat in Hurghada, and I've just received my contract from the vendor so have have to instruct a lawyer to act on my behalf.

My estate agent has recommended Tareq Fathalla, and I've also come across the Baroudy Law firm. Can anyone who's used either of these lawyers/firms please share their experiences with me (both positive and negative experiences)?

Alternatively, are there any other lawyers who you'd strongly recommend to me?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

I personally wouldn't use either of these, I am in the process of reporting one of them to the British embassy.

You will pay more for a solicitor outside of Hurghada but do contact ones in Cairo for quotes, you can also try:

Loïc Raboteau
Joint Head of the French & North Africa (Morocco, Egypt & Tunisia) Law Department

The International Property Law Centre LLP ,14 Scale Lane, HULL, HU1 1LA
Tel: (+44) 01482 816 939
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.internationalpropertylaw.com

Please, please, please take this on board "the money you spend on independent legal advice/services when buying abroad will be the best money you ever spend".

T

Toby1010

Thanks for your very valuable advice.

Can you please explain which of the above you're reporting to the embassy, and the reason(s) for which you're doing so?

Also, why would you not recommend the other firm/individual?

Many Thanks.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Thanks for your very valuable advice.

Can you please explain which of the above you're reporting to the embassy, and the reason(s) for which you're doing so?

Also, why would you not recommend the other firm/individual?

Many Thanks.
Not on an open forum, that wouldn't be right. My concerns on solicitors in Hurghada are from past experience with some of them, I'm not saying they are all the same but please research whoever you use very carefully.

T

Toby1010

OK,

So perhaps you could send details in a private message to me so that I can make a fully informed decision?

Thank you.

M

Mussa1

Please can you advise why you wouldnt use Tarek and also which one have you reported?
You can private message me

Not on an open forum, that wouldn't be right. My concerns on solicitors in Hurghada are from past experience with some of them, I'm not saying they are all the same but please research whoever you use very carefully.

W

wellheld

General consensus among buyers here is that NONE of the Hurghada lawyers are to be trusted. I expect there are good ones, hidden away somewhere, but Cairo is a safer option. Good Luck

A friend has just told me of her lawyer in Hurghada who was excellent and reasonable, I've asked her to come on this forum to pass on his name.

Last edited:
A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Sound advice.

General consensus among buyers here is that NONE of the Hurghada lawyers are to be trusted. I expect there are good ones, hidden away somewhere, but Cairo is a safer option. Good Luck
Most Egyptian coastal lawyers are "free-lance." Networking or seconded to Cairo Egyptian legal offices.
So if you think any are worth using, remember the same faceless rubbish are in Cairo. Hence delays and often useless documents.

Neil is right. Loic in Hull is as good as you get, as his Cairo officials are worthy of their position in this market. But like most professional UK services this is not cheap.
Going local is cheap and risky..... Why put your life-savings in jeapardy?
The issue is not really about who the lawyer is, but about what's in the contract you are about to sign.

In most cases the developer's contract of sale has no real client value or "Exit Clause" in case you want your money back. Invariably it has little "customer friendly" articles that legally help if the project is not delivered to your satisfaction or to the brochure marketing material which you purchased from.

95% of developers do not have full capital funding and will not allow your money to be secured in Escrow accounts as the contract is designed to get your funds to build. An independent lawyer can insist on this safety measure. p.m. for details.

Suing developers for failure to deliver or a breach of contract is a farce as local lawyers are in their pockets. You should get peace of mind with an independent service who can deliver the contract that benifits you, not just the developer.

Realistically, any lawyer can validate a safe contract designed to protect the buyer. If the due diligence is in order and already authenticated by your agent's lawyers, the cost would be minimal.
An Egyptian lawyer wouldn't make changes to suit buyers. It would be a conflict of his interest as he often gets paid from both sides.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.

Last edited:
A

AshleyP

I have used Tarek Fathalla and found him to be very good. He answers queries very quickly and has been thorough and extremely helpful. Personally I cannot fault him.

M

maxshneider

Dear All,

I'm a British national buying a flat in Hurghada, and I've just received my contract from the vendor so have have to instruct a lawyer to act on my behalf.

My estate agent has recommended Tareq Fathalla, and I've also come across the Baroudy Law firm. Can anyone who's used either of these lawyers/firms please share their experiences with me (both positive and negative experiences)?

Dear all,

I used a good local lawyer who is working properly and exceptionally for clients sides not local developers its LCIA legal agency if you PM me i can provide with phone number and email. My mobile in Egypt is 0166579700

H

hrg

Law Firm in Hurghada

Dear All,

Hi. Actually I would not recommend you to look for a lawyer in Cairo, because you will have to pay twice, to both lawyers in Hurghada and Cairo. Better find one onsite who have a companion or somebody in the capital. I have read legal topics on the forums about Sharm El Sheikh, and people was complaining that attorneys always ask for more money and do nothing concerning your case. And that you will have to change some 2-3 lawyers until you will find a really good one. Also check how much experience they have, maybe an lawyer just have graduated the university and started to practice. I can recommend you to view unitedlawyers-redsea, they're work with international cases.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hi. Actually I would not recommend you to look for a lawyer in Cairo, because you will have to pay twice, to both lawyers in Hurghada and Cairo. Better find one onsite who have a companion or somebody in the capital. I have read legal topics on the forums about Sharm El Sheikh, and people was complaining that attorneys always ask for more money and do nothing concerning your case. And that you will have to change some 2-3 lawyers until you will find a really good one. Also check how much experience they have, maybe an lawyer just have graduated the university and started to practice. I can recommend you to view unitedlawyers-redsea, they're work with international cases.
Are you having a laugh, United Lawyers isn't this Mohamed Refaat? I will let all his previous victims comment further.

L

LADY MUKK

Do not use united lawyers/mohamed refaat!!!! He is up to his eyes in cahoots with "he who shall not be named" and if you read this mohamed as i know you will, feel free to put in another police report about me for telling people the truth about you!!!!

C

CMChris

Do not use united lawyers/mohamed refaat!!!! He is up to his eyes in cahoots with "he who shall not be named" and if you read this mohamed as i know you will, feel free to put in another police report about me for telling people the truth about you!!!!
Still has the recording showing what a lying pair these 2 are and definitely NOT to be trusted with so much as a piastre.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Lawyers and obligations

:banghead: I think the recommendation must have been a joke! :rofl:
Whoever one appoints to do the validation of the project d.d. and the registration signiture validity, it is pointless.

The standard contracts Egyptian developers use are all the same.... Stacked up to aid Egyptians. Whether they are the lawyers or the land owner/developers, you have little power within the documents to protect your purchase.

What is required is a complete reversal of the purchasing sales contract.
That means using one designed and legally affiliated by the purchaser's advocate. I use my own contracts for the best projects. Unfortunately 90% of Egyptian projects won't allow them. They lose on valued sales in that case.

In the present economic climate, developers will need to be more flexible or get fewer sales. It is a good time to use your buyer's position to best advantage.

For more info. on flexible contracts p.m. Neil or myself.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.

P

Pez

I have used, and still use Tareq Fathalla for all my affairs. I find him honest reliable and he always responds to my enquiries. I am a UK citizen and purchased a property with Tarek's help and guidence. I could not rate him highly enough!
Pez

S

Sunstar

I have used Tarek Fathalla and found him to be very good. He answers queries very quickly and has been thorough and extremely helpful. Personally I cannot fault him.
Hello everybody, Tarek did the Due Diligence Report for us. We could save some money because he made it for 20 owners.
He answered our questions and included some advice. :deal:

Regards

Mr. Tarek Mohamed Fathalla-, Barrister - Egyptian Lawyer Supreme, under Registered
Number 116426 Bar Association Cairo – Egypt of Address: Office No. 43 - Wahib Building –
Sheraton Street, Sakalla – Hurghada – Red Sea – Egypt, has made researches on all
documents, Contracts, Developer Reports, the involved Companies, and all documentation
for the aforementioned.
Mr. Tarek Fathalla has examined all the related legal documents including the, Government
Contract, building liscence, and relevant planning permissions, approved drawings, financial
status of the Developer and land / mortgage debts.

P

Pez

Dear All,

I recently used Tareq Fathalla for all the legal necessities in buying my property and found him to be professional and on the ball. The buying procedure is VERY quick once you've made up your mind to purchase. Tarek is not the cheapest, but he is available, he gives you his mobile number, and I found him to be excellent. I shall be using him in the near future for the will I need to make. I hope this is of some help to you.

L

LadyJ

Lawyers in Hurghada

Just to add - I am buying at Tiba Gardens Hurghada through agents GDI, the consultant who has been helping us is Steven Picot - professional and really helpful. I am using Tarek Fathalla as my lawyer POA who is always available at the end of an e-mail. So far all is going well. (Due to send 40% payment this week with contracts close to exchange) Looking forward to see the development photos over this year, and very interested naturally in how this whole 'plot' is going to look.