Procedure to Buy a Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

albert

Hi all,
Could someone give me their view on buying land. I have invested in property in the past and it has worked out very well but I fear I am being priced out of another move. I have seen land that has been granted planning permission and as you know the price reflects this. What can I do after identifying land that has not had permission granted before taking the gamble to buy it in the hope that it will. who do I contact, costs, time etc. I know I need to contact the council for the area.
Thanks
Albert

A

alexander

Hi Albert,
Firstly, look at the Local Planning Authority's Local Plan. This will tell you whether the area you're looking in has been identified as one for development - or no development, or even limited development. That will give you a clue as to whether or not the LPA will be sympathetic to an application for planning permission (development).

Then ... book an appointment with the LPA to visit them and discuss your plans. They will tell you whether or not any application for development is likely to be successful.
17. Is it a good time to buy?
Hello my landlord has put up my rent to more than I can afford to pay leaving me no option but to move out. I could just about buy something for my family of 3 if I stretch, or shall I continue to rent in the current climate?
Many thanks
Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.