Positive property survey from Nationwide

• Thread starter Nicholas Wallwork
  • Start date
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
The Nationwide House Price Index was released today showing annual growth to the end of August of 5.6%. This compares to 5.2% annual growth to the end of July amid signs that all of the doom and gloom surrounding Brexit could be overdone. While sceptics point out that the Nationwide index is the only one

Click to Read The Full Story and Add you Own Comments to Continue reading...

N

nmb

Let’s wait and see how the next 6 months develop - I don't think things will be anywhere near as tough as some would have you believe. The European economy isn’t exactly flying is it?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
It is a little ironic that those who want to believe the UK property market will collapse post Brexit ignore respected house price data such as the Nationwide House Price Index when it suits them. It looks as if they are waiting for the "I told you so" moment if the UK property market does have a downturn in the future.

N

nmb

You do get the impression of an “I told you so” situation in the future.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

It is ironic that those against the UK leaving the European Union seem to pick and choose what to focus on. If it is good news they discount it, suggesting it will change very soon, and if it is bad news then it is a case of “I told you so”.