ad

Please post your experience of local planning offices

N

nmb

We often hear scare stories regarding local planning offices and their attitude to property development across the UK. Whether positive, negative or neutral we would be interested in hearing your experience of these local planning offices. Were they fair? Did you get your planning application through?

K

kchiggs

Not for me but they are fine if you treat the process in the correct professional manner, are a little flexible and go for opp then ok first and your development is in accordance with their policys. The ones with a clearly published plan are the best as you can then identify the likelihood of making it through. Refused and expired planning permission land has the advantage you can see what the objections are and possibly redesign your master access statement to accomdate.

L

lookinginvest

I see the government is looking to ease planning restrictions a little but in reality we have heard this all before. Historically there has been far too much red tape and far too much time wasted - there needs to be greater flexibility at the very least. Will the government succeed in changing the process this time - dont bet your life on it!

K

kchiggs

Well as in the other thread I might be on the Welsh gov since they already have :)

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Why don’t the authorities try something radical like all working from the same planning permission rulebook! Now that would be a novelty for local authorities :)