Panama has more than a Canal

gsinker

gsinker

This was another article i found today on Panama.

I am posting these details so readers might see what Panama has to offer more than just a sound investment away from those chilly so called "Hot Spots"

February 20, 2009 --
While much of the world seems stuck in a delay mode waiting out the global economic crisis, Panama on March 3 will announce the winning bid for a new $5.25 billion expansion of the Panama Canal.

Building the third lane of the canal, with two new locks at both ends, will nearly double the canal's capacity and allow it to handle the larger super-tanker vessels from all nations. Completion is set for 2015.

The waterway between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, which employs some 9,000 workers, is considered one of the greatest engineering feats in history, with builders digging through nine miles of mountains at the Continental Divide. Naturally, the popular Miraflores Locks and visitor center was my first stop as I visited the country for 12 days this month.

Arriving in Panama City, one gasps at the number of high-rise projects. I counted at least a dozen cranes topping both office and condo projects. Already mired in snarled traffic and density problems, you have to ask if this is Panama in a recession, how much more will it explode when the economy improves?
http://www.bcbr.com/print_article.asp?aID=98750

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LiamBailey

Article

Hi Geoff,

Liam Bailey here of Write About Property, I am currently looking for sources of positive news on the Panama property market, if you could please send me the source of that article I would greatly appreciate it.

gsinker

gsinker

Boulder County Business Report - Online!

I am always looking for good articles on Panama.

The doom and Gloom merchants dont seem to really think about what they are writing, just recently i saw a report that stated property prices had dropped in Panama. Well that is not the case what had dropped is people expectation on there profits.

People who bought last year are realizing that you cant make 150% profit in one year before the unit closes so there expectation are coming down to more sensible levels.

So in reality prices have not dropped as these advertised properties where not based on appraisals or market values but soley on people greed.

Developers have certainly not dropped there prices.

Construction continues and builders and banks dont have to go running to the goverment for bailouts.

L

LiamBailey

Thanks, I posted the link as a comment on my Panama blog post under your name, hope you don't mind

gsinker

gsinker

Hi Liam, i would like it even better if you included my web site link :)

What is you blog address?

L

LiamBailey

Blog

I posted the link from you because it went with the tone of the post, which covered the lack of news on Panama lately. I can't post links on here yet because this is a new membership, but if you go to my site you can find the link to my blog on the left navigation. Alternatively search: site:write-about-property[dot]com in Google news, and my blog is linked from the sidebar of my articles.

gsinker

gsinker

No Problem, I hope that within the 24 hr this forum will become a new platform for discussion on Panama, watch this space!!!!