One house, twice on sale?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
No there is nothing fraudulent about it.
It is very common in some countries to list your property with several agents to maximise your chance of selling it. When these agents then use right move and other portals to advertise you will often find the same property on these portals more than once.
In the case you have highlighted the only thing is that there are two different prices so if you are interested in the property you should go to the agent who lists it at the lower price. Sometimes an owner will reduce the price and not inform all of the agents they have it listed with. Other times you may find that the agent added a bit extra to the price for themselves.

B

Barny

I agree with Veronica, unlikely to be fraudulent.

You can advertise with multiple agents here in the UK and I often see a house being advertised by 2 agents and 1 shows it with "SSTC" (Sold subject to contract) but the other agent is unaware its a rival agent has agreed a sale. Poor communication at the end of the day!

As a side note though....£5k for any property in my eyes is a bargain!

D

Dries

Thanks for clearing that up. It's much appreciated.

And yes, it is quite an amazing bargain.

Last edited:
T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
it's only a bargain if you can make money out of it and it's an "asset". If it is difficult to rent, high maintenance fees or ongoing maintenance and management it might end up costing you money. Just because it's £5,000 doesn't mean it's a bargain unless it gives you a good return. What sort of rent do you think you'll get for it and how often do you think you can let it?

You need to consider all of these things before investing and many more to ensure it definitely is the bargain it first appears.

D

Dries

Thanks for the reply,

well, if you'd still be reading this, I am wondering how fast a solid house would turn into a house needing major renevations if this property would only be occupied for several months a year. Or doesn't it matter that much?

M

Mary Mathew

Don't worry about this!! These are the different ways to advertise your business or we can say different methods for promoting the business.