ad

On average how many properties do you look at before you decide to buy?

R

realdeals

I’m always intrigued at the way in which people find their next property investment. On average how many properties do you look at before you decide to buy?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
This is an almost impossible question to answer. It will depend upon the type of property you are looking to buy, demand, economic situation and ultimately the selling price and any flexibility on this. Today I prefer to do the vast majority of my research online and only visit a property in person when I believe it is potentially the one for me.

R

realdeals

Exactly what I thought, the growing impact of the Internet has reduced “wasted time” for property investors who can do the vast majority of their research online before deciding whether a property is worth looking at in real life.

S

shinystar

I have invested in an office space over three years back.
Well as far as I remember the number of properties I considered seriously were almost Ten.
The office spaces I bought is in the (moderated) where other office space are available too and it is located to all the modes of transport. Location was the best thing about the office. Still I considered few more properties which were little in the remote areas, asI wanted to know the difference in price and the space I may get if I consider other properties.

It is obvious that a Buyer will consider many properties before investing.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Brooke Winn

Nowadays most of the people browse online for buying property according to the specified area and the requirement.

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Its important to know your strategy and acquisition model perfectly so when the right property or site comes along it's a simple yes/no decision. I have a spreadsheet which I calculate the end resi values and the commercial value of a potential site so before even viewing in person I can figure out if it looks financially viable or not by analysing the sqm and floor plans...

Belinda Grashion

Belinda Grashion

Premium Member
Hi! Team BG here!
We have to agree, that it's not one size fits all. However, we were recently looking for tips online (to see what's out there!) and we were surprised to see lots of information about what potential investors should be doing but not what people shouldn't be doing. Because of this, we created a booklet which may help you.

http://www.belindagrashion.com/top-5-mistakes-property-novices-make-avoid/

I hope this does help and you enjoy it! :)
Team BG! xx