Newbie in Property Investment - Need Advice

K

kenang82

Hi,

I am new in property market investment. I have only around RM100k free cash to invest. I have few questions:

1. With only 100k cash, is there any property with reasonable return (5-8%p.a) that I can buy in Malaysia, preferably Johor? If yes, what type of property?

2. Is this the right time for me to come in as buyer? Or should I wait and see?

3. Is it better to buy new property than old one?

BTW, I can only afford monthly installment of max 3k per month, wonder I am too small to venture into property market.

Thank you for your kind advice.

A

alister_j_a

Hi,
I will never tell anyone not to invest in properties now, price of properties are always on an upwards trend.

if you have a RM100k utilized liquid fund and an ability to pay a monthly installment of 3k monthly I think you should start getting involved in property investments

In regards to either buying a new development or a subsale.
-with the funds you already have I would recommend sub sales-reason being you can rent out immediately rather than paying for interest till the completion of a new development
-Sorry not very familiar with the property market in Johor but you should get a subsale unit and the rental you get from that unit can be used as an additional income for applying loans.
-Should you insist on a new development you should have a good holding power.

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dcmhomebuyers112

Investing is a choice many people make at one point or another, in the hope of bringing wealth to their lives. Whilst there are many investment alternatives such as stocks, bonds and cash, property investment tends to be viewed as one of the safest and easiest options.

However, property investment isn’t for everyone. Thus if you are considering investing in property, it is important to weigh up the pros and cons.