New to Bulgaria, looking for a cheap place

P

poffertjes

Hi all,

New to the Bulgarian property market but am looking for any advice on buying a small apartment for little money. I spend most of my time traveling and want to minimize expenses, but need a small inexpensive place to call 'home'. Mostly a place to keep some stuff, get a bit of mail, and occasionally unwind for a month or two.

I'm looking at some of these very cheap places in Sunny Beach (studios at Sunny Day 6 for 10 000 EUR?) and looking for a bit of insight into this market. It seems a bit too good to be true.

Are these type of holiday apartments livable year round or are they only open in the summer months? How can I find a good price on a place? Are there bank repossessions etc, available and if so how do I find them? Is Bulgaria the right place to be looking or are there better options?

Appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

J

JROSE

Hi there,

I've been involved in Bulgarian property for some time, and have a place in Sozopol. I wouldn't recommend Sunny Day 6 because its well out of the way from Sunny Beach. I also wouldn't recommend SB for all year round because its dead in the winter.

My advice would be Varna or Sofia. There are good deals to be had at the moment but 10k is v cheap, and for a reason - no-one would buy there.

Just my opinion, but best thing is to go to Bulgaria and see for yourself. You will soon see what area suits you best. I went to look at SB in 2005 and it wasn't what I was after so looked all along the coast for the place I liked best.

I do still think BG is a good place to invest, and now is a v good time to get a deal.

Hope this helps

F

fraser

Banned
hello,just seen your post,
i have a 1 bed apartment up for sale in the sveti vlas area of bourgas ,bulgaria..
it has panaramic views of the sea and new marina.
it has local village within a few mins walk and other services available , which are open all year round.
look up sveti vlas bulgaria on google and if interested please dont hesitate to contact me back.

mobile no ...07868420389

the apartment comes fully furnished with private patio and car port area in front.....
thanks
fraser

P

poffertjes

Thanks for your advice, JROSE. I will definitely visit Bulgaria and take a look around before purchasing anything.

fraser, how do I get more details on what you are offering? I can't figure out how to send a PM here or I would ask you privately.

P

PropertiesOverseas

Yes Sunny Day 6 is a fair way out of Sunny Beach but it does offer good price entry units. I own myself across the road at Sunny Day 5 and I like the complex.

If you would like to contact me and discuss the area or discuss property I can help and I have a few good suitable offers for you in the area.

Kind regards
Brad

T

Timithypaul

Yes Sunny Day 6 is a fair way out of Sunny Beach but it does offer good price entry units. I own myself across the road at Sunny Day 5 and I like the complex.

If you would like to contact me and discuss the area or discuss property I can help and I have a few good suitable offers for you in the area.

Kind regards
Brad
When Estate Agent admits it’s a fair way out. It must be in the middle of nowhere. Best advice is stay close to a city Bourgas, Sofia , location is very important if you want to re sell apartment good location and well built apartments with sea views you will not pick up for 10K . You will pick up cheap apartment in Bansko or a fair way out cheap but you will have to hold on to them for a long time. Bulgaria may have to go down the same road as Ireland and demolish a lot of apartments built in the middle of nowhere. You are wise go see location yourself don't be ripped off by talk of big plans for this area etc.

F

fraser

Banned
apartment bulgaria

hello,
i also could not find private email to send info..
you could text me on deleted phone number then i could give you more info

many thanks

fraser

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ssanner

When Estate Agent admits it’s a fair way out. It must be in the middle of nowhere. Best advice is stay close to a city Bourgas, Sofia , location is very important if you want to re sell apartment good location and well built apartments with sea views you will not pick up for 10K . You will pick up cheap apartment in Bansko or a fair way out cheap but you will have to hold on to them for a long time. Bulgaria may have to go down the same road as Ireland and demolish a lot of apartments built in the middle of nowhere. You are wise go see location yourself don't be ripped off by talk of big plans for this area etc.
FYI, get your facts right, SD6 had planning permission, I went to Notary to sign for the deeds and all searches returned OK. It is out of the way certainly away from Sunny Beach Center which is by the way packed full with late disco & night bars that play loud music during the summer month, people drunk and being sick in the streets. Great for teenagers no so for famillies. Hence Sunny Day 6 will appeal to this market and comes with outdoor & indoor pools, SPA, theater, restaurants & caffes, mini golf, tennis court, ball courst, etc etc no cars allowed inside the complex.

Question of choice really, this is definately not for young kids wanted to have fun in bars all night, they should stay in Sunny Beach center. :wink:

thetravelbug

thetravelbug

Banned
Just a quick, probably very obvious point but there will be ongoing maintenance fees (and often problems with management companies) for an apartment. There are plenty of renovated cheap houses around in good areas that might be an alternative to an apartment.

O

okisen

hi, i would recommend Varna for you. Sunny beach is ok, but its a ghost town outside the season.
Varna is the largest coastal city in Bulgaria, has beaches, culture and a large local, working population, who will support real estate prices, even in down periods.
You can find new studio apartments in suburbian areas like Vinitsa from 18000 euros, if you look around at the moment... just spend some time there, and do you research.

Good Luck ! :)

VARNA -Варна, Болгария недвижимость

G

Georges

Banned
Yep, there is an annual maintenance fee of 140 euros. This is for folks who want to be on their own 300m from the beach, in a quite setting, not near the beach and booze crowd...
:cheers:

B

balcee

What a bargain!

What a bargain!

Land measuring 920sq m, fully regulated in Byala with stunning sea and beach view. Less than £5,000!

In Byala, south of Varna.

J

JROSE

Hi Balce, do you have photos from the plot? Does it have road access, water, electric and drainage?

A

Appletree

Somewhere cheap to act as home

We seem to be wandering from the point here. The thread was about somewhere cheap where he can dump belongings, have post delivered, etc. A field is not really suitable!!!

Going back to Sunny Day 6, we sell apartments there, as do hundreds of other real estate agents. Yes, it is outside the main part of Sunny Beach, but what do you expect for that price. The construction is good and sound, the facilities are amazing and, if you are too lazy to walk down to the main resort, there is a courtesy bus. Don't knock it!

Houses to rent in villages may be cheap, but unless you are there all the time you need somebody to maintain the garden. Stuff grows extremely quickly here in Bulgaria - especially weeds! Don't listen to scare stories about theft though. Our house was left without doors and windows for about 2 weeks, full of our belongings, and nothing was touched. If you get to know your neighbours they will keep strangers away.

And of course, if you do buy at Sunny Day 6, there is security all year.

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you.

Jackie,

T

Timithypaul

We seem to be wandering from the point here. The thread was about somewhere cheap where he can dump belongings, have post delivered, etc. A field is not really suitable!!!

Going back to Sunny Day 6, we sell apartments there, as do hundreds of other real estate agents. Yes, it is outside the main part of Sunny Beach, but what do you expect for that price. The construction is good and sound, the facilities are amazing and, if you are too lazy to walk down to the main resort, there is a courtesy bus. Don't knock it!

Houses to rent in villages may be cheap, but unless you are there all the time you need somebody to maintain the garden. Stuff grows extremely quickly here in Bulgaria - especially weeds! Don't listen to scare stories about theft though. Our house was left without doors and windows for about 2 weeks, full of our belongings, and nothing was touched. If you get to know your neighbours they will keep strangers away.

And of course, if you do buy at Sunny Day 6, there is security all year.

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you.

Jackie,
Apple Tree Properties, Bulgaria
Hi,

Varna is a good area , you would be wise to visit yourself and you will see that some places are in the middle of nowere and that’s why you can pick one up for 10,000 euro. Trust yourself as estate agents have only one mission and that is to sell you an apartment were others are desperate trying to sell.

A

Appletree

Hi,

Varna is a good area , you would be wise to visit yourself and you will see that some places are in the middle of nowere and that’s why you can pick one up for 10,000 euro. Trust yourself as estate agents have only one mission and that is to sell you an apartment were others are desperate trying to sell.
I take umbrage at (some of) this! Of course all estate agents need to sell properties - we have to eat! But that does not mean that (some of us, at least) are not prepared to give independent and free advice. I spend many hours typing long messages to people who are not interested in buying anything from me, but who need advice about their up-coming holiday in Bulgaria, where to get their car fixed here, etc, etc.

Yes, Varna is a good area. In fact I live in Dobrich (just north of Varna) and I lived in Varna for the previous 2 years. And yes, you will find some lovely houses for around 10,000 Euro, and not necessarily in "the middle of nowhere". In fact, cheap houses around Varna/Dobrich are our biggest sales at the moment. But for a single person looking for a "small pad", sometimes a holiday studio is more suitable. Personally I hate Sunny Beach, but lots of people seem to love it. Different strokes for different folks!

Jackie,

Last edited by a moderator: