Need Info about property maintenance

D

Dubaitenant

Hi,
This is a 6-7 year old building and I moved in only 2 years ago. There was certain maintenance required for one of the bath tubs which I had been bringing to the notice of the maintenance guy as well as the real estate company. However, no action was taken. Now that the bath tub is broken, the real estate company is asking me to replace it. I dont have any of my complaints in writing to them. Also the maintenance guy in the building has changed.

My question is:

1. Am I required to repair/replace the bath tub?
2. Shouldn't the Landlord / real estate company bear the cost in the same ratio that I've used this item (2 years out of the total building life of 6-7 years)
3. What options do I have in case of a dispute?

Now that I've realized how things work here, I've been sending them mails, but they haven't acknowledged any of my mails so far.

Regards,
Roshan

N

Nadele

You have tp repair all and calm down because you will not prove anything.

K

Keigan

Whenever you rent a property in Dubai you need to make sure you inspect the property correctly and prepare a snag list. This snag list (along with some photos) has to be documented. Ideally it needs to be fixed prior to you moving in. However, if you wish to move in, you need to send them an email or letter and make sure the information is passed through. Mentioning it by word of mouth aint going to help in Dubai.

LucasAtwell

LucasAtwell

THE LANDLORD'S RESPONSIBILITIES

1. The roof must not leak.
2. The walls must be weather-tight, and in good repair.
3. The stairs must be safe for normal use and maintained in good repair.
4. Windows and doors must be basically weather-tight, water-tight, rodent-proof,
and kept in sound working condition. Outside doors have to have proper locks.
5. Window panes cannot have cracks and holes. Outside windows must have screens.
6. Inside floors, walls, ceilings must be basically rodent-proof and kept in sound condition and good repair, and should be safe.
7. The house or apartment must have hot water, which is connected to the kitchen and bathroom sinks, tub or shower.
8. All houses or apartments must have a flush toilet in good working condition.
9. When cooking and heating equipment are provided by the landlord, they must be safely installed and in good working order.
10. There must be adequate garbage disposal facilities or garbage storage containers.
11. Every habitable room must have at least two separate floor or wall electric outlets and, additionally, every kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and hallway must have a ceiling or wall-type fixture, or an outlet controlled by a wall switch near the entrance to the room.
12. All electrical systems must be in good repair and good working order.

THE TENANT'S RESPONSIBILITIES

1. Keep the house or apartment in a clean and sanitary manner.
2. Remove all garbage from the house or apartment in a clean and sanitary manner (for example, use garbage cans).
3. Keep all plumbing fixtures in the house or apartment used by the tenant in a clean and sanitary manner and in good repair.
4. Properly use and operate all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and other facilities and appliances, including elevators, which are in the apartment or house.
5. Not destroy, damage or in any way misuse the property itself. This includes not permitting any tenant's guests to do so either.
6. Not remove anything from the house or apartment which does not belong to the tenant (for example, cannot remove light fixture which
was in the property when tenant moved in).
7. Conduct themselves and require anyone who visits them to act in a way that does not disturb the peace.

Last edited:
I

Investoman_uae

Lucas,

You also need to add that the tenant cannot bring his entire family including brothers and parents and the grandparents to live inside the same flat. This is illegal under RERA regulations.