Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Moving to Limassol

Discussion in 'Cyprus Property' started by david, Aug 22, 2006.

1. david

david New Member

My partner and I are moving to Limassol next year (spring time). He will have a job ready for him. We also have a plan to buy a house there.

I was told Limassol is a good place for investment and I can buy a house and sell it at a good appreciation after a few years.
    Has anyone got any tips on for buying a small apartment over there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    david

2. alexander

alexander New Member

If you buy the Cyprus Mail every day, you will see a lot of advertisement of buying and selling houses and property. You can get the contacts of local agents for Real Estate properties.
    19. How is the place like? Cyprus pro
    I have a friend who bought a new build villa with his two brothers. They got absolutely stuffed for about ?27k interest by the builders (under contractual conditions) because they didn't get the mortgage sorted quickly enough. It?s a long story.

But his two brothers now want to sell out, and my friend is trying to raise ?50k to do this. If they sell the villa completely they will come out of it with nothing by the time the agents fees come out of it.

I considered putting up the money to take over half of the villa but I have no experience of the property market there.

I'm told that when Cyprus goes to the Euro house prices will rise steeply. Is this the view at the moment, and is there anything else I should know about the property market there that might deter me?

The two bed roomed house is in Paphos, and is a Leptos Estates development at Regina Gardens - what?s the place like?
    Thanks
    alexander

3. opus

opus New Member

RE: Move to Limassol

Hi David,

New here so just reading posts now.

I was wondering how your search for an apartment in Limassol to buy and sell is going, and whether you are considering buying off-plan?

Opus

4. Sasha

Sasha New Member

D.Zavos group speak to JULIE!!

Hi David, two years ago my partner and I brought property in Cyprus, from the return on our investment we have now been able to buy another. We chose D.Zavos group as they had been highly recommended by friends.

Buying from them you have many options. You can buy off plan, in which case you will recieve a 30% increase in value to the property as soon as it is built. You may wish to live there on a part time basis, and they will undertake all aspects of the rental of your property if you wish to go down that route.

They can tailor make your plans or your property to suit your needs. They currently have a few really nice apartments ready now, one is called the colours boutique, it is very sassy! I dont remember the name of the other one.

If you look into D.Zavos group, I recommend that you speak to Julie. She is an English Cypriot, born and bred in the UK. She is forward thinking and doesnt pull any punches. Many of the property developers work on a commision basis and are often pushy and tell you what they want you to buy etc. This woman isnt and will do everything she can for you with no obligation to buy.

If you speak with her please tell her that Sasha Aldous says hi, she made the whole experience wonderful including moving in hassles, cars shipping etc.

Feel free to email me if you need more details, Im not sure if they have a website or not. Her email is julie@zavos.com.

Good luck with everything, might see you over there!!!

Regards

Sasha

5. charis

charis New Member

Buying an Apartment in Limassol

David,

Limassol is a great place to live and work, the best in Cyprus. Property prices have increased a lot in the last 5 years. Just for you to know that the average price is 1000 pounds per sqm. A 2 bedroom apartment 90sqm cost around 90000 + 15% VAT. If you are looking for a property closed to the beach (500 m lets say then the price will go up, around 1200/sqm). I will not even go for a property next to the beach because the prices are crazy. Even 3000 pounds per sqm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.