Malaysia - Good or Bad?

W

waynehyl

Banned
Hi Lexus,

Do u mean Twins @ Damansara Heights? i know the developer very well!

U

UKand Singapore

Hi,

I have been living in Singapore for over 10 years and moved to Malaysia this year - during that time I have travelled the Asia region extensively for business and pleasure.

This is an interesting thread with some opposing perspectives. One of thekey things for me is that Malaysia property in the last 24 months has seen great capital increases and that has been fueled by extensive foreign money - much of it individual investors.

The booms that happened in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Hong Kong though have gone and prices are dropping - in some cases dropping fast. The new build condo projects in the major cities are well over priced and with the financial crunch only just starting to affect Asia, this will only get worse.

In Malaysia KL is going to be a difficult place to get good returns over the next few years. The new central, KLCC and Mont Kiara condos are creating vast over supply just as companies cut back on ex-pats (primary rental market) and other employees. The same is happening in Singapore with prices dropping fast - the money Singaporeans made and starting bringing to Malaysia has dried up - no one wants to invest at the moment in property in Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand/Hong Kong.

BUT, and there is always a but - there will be (and almost certainly already are) deals to be had. If you take a medium to long term view and look at the potential for SE Asia, then the returns cold be huge. Malaysia has huge potential and geting the right place, in the right location at the right price could yield considerable gains in the next 4-6 years.

I don't claim to know the markets completely, but have been a property investor in the region for the last 6 or 7 years and benefitted form the recent boom.

A

ariecol

anyone in malaysia jan 09
would be good to meet up......... :p

L

lacKailey

Malaysia offers overseas property buyers the best investment opportunities, according to one expert.Marsha Lu, head of the legal, diligence and compliance ...

I

itsmazlin

Malaysia is good choice for investment. I can say far east is much better than other asian countries.

Hi redangel.. pal malaysia is so beautiful. Thanks for the amazing pics.

G

Gene Genie

It is gratifying to note that people generally think of the part of the globe between Thailand and Singapore as Malaysia. Please keep selling that idea as those of us who know the other part of Malaysia will be able to avoid the downside of inward investment - tourists!

P

prop_guru

I love Malaysia and think its a great place to look for investments. However its like everywhere else, you need to buy the right property in the right location.

K

KYI

Banyan Curve investment

Anyone here who have invested into the Banyan Curve in Port Dickson?

I am considering to purchase so would like to know the rental return outcome for those who have invested in th epast.

Would appreciate any information, thanks!

Hi Yogi,

The so-called "credit crunch" has been fabricated by a load of greedy banks who were over charging poor people for lending them money that they could never hope to repay. When they got burnt, they simply blamed global issues and were not prepared to look at their own short-comings.

Most of these banks are in the Western hemisphere, and lenders in the East have not had to cover their tracks or admit their mistakes/greed.

Consequently banks from the Middle East, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia are still experiencing a healthy demand for finance, do not have to load their interest rates to recoup what they lost through their stupidity/greed and are doing quite nicely thank you.

Average rental yields throughout Malaysia are about 8%, so banks are not all that worried about lending out to clients wishing to invest in BTL properties at rates of about 6%.

As ever, the usual issues surrounding exit strategy would apply to the "Palm" style developments, and a better bet would be serviced condominiums in Kuala Lumpur City Centre for investors looking to make a sizeable profit on minimal capital outlay.

If you need any further info, please send me a pm or email.

Have a good day.

Andy

P

propertyagent

I'm going for good.

I have invested on the Palm on the Sepang Goldcoast. At the time I secured a unit there it seemed to meet all my criteria for investing. At that time the Malaysian economy was strong, now there seems to be a bit of Political upheaval and I am not sure how this is going to affect the economy and ultimately my investment.

Is anyone a bit more 'up' on all things Malaysian than I am and do people still see Malaysia as a good investment?

Is the far East going to be hit by the infamous 'credit crunch' that is starting to hit the UK now and IMO will have an affect on most, if not all, of the Western world?

Cheers
why not try singapore or Indonesia ?

J

Jascheng

Back in Year 2008 - 2009 when every1 hold back due to US crisis. In fact the crisis doesn't give much impact on Malaysia property. Those who had guts to invest at that time make lots of profit today. After all, I don't see any point on US crisis will affect in Asia country. Property development still doing well...

* I'm looking for a bunch of investors for a bulk purchase from developer. Do let know me if you know any or you are the one. :)

D

DustinYeoh

Malaysia property is pretty cheap, good, and large.. Singapore barrier entry is quite high i would say.. Anyone willing to shed some light on Indonesia?

D

dcmhomebuyers112

For me, the recent co-announcement by Malaysia’s Islamic Development Department (Jakim) and the Home Ministry pertaining to the establishment of the Shariah police is seen as detrimental and unconstitutional. As relayed by the ministry, these would-be formed Shariah cops will “help to facilitate the incumbent police system vis-à-vis Shariah law’s implementation in Malaysia”.